News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Completed English translation of Nushi Tsuri Adventure: Kite no Bouken  (Read 10272 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Jaytheham

Finally finished after a boat-load of work, a 100% English translation of the fishing RPG Nushi Tsuri Adventure: Kite no Bouken. This is very similar to the other games in the Nushi Tsuri series only with a better(?)/different story, an ocean overworld and a reworked battle system.
In true Fishing King style there are a bunch of different fish to catch across a variety of locations, but new in this version, star-gazing, with a multitude of constellations to find, and of course a nefarious plot to take over the world that must be foiled!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://jaytheham.com/ntknb/)

Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
Holy shit, awesome!!!

I can't believe someone translated a game from the Legend of the River King series!

Wendell

• View Profile
    • Superman Summaries
Holy shit, awesome!!!

I can't believe someone translated a game from the Legend of the River King series!

Seriously!  I've always been interested in this series, and now I get to try out more it.  :)
Read my reviews of early Superman comics at
Superman Summaries!

Tauwasser

• Fantabulous!!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
The patch doesn't seem to work. It overwrites all rombank numbers at 0x4000 from rombanks 0x22 on it seems. With that fixed vblank code won't switch back to the wrong rom bank. However, the text is overwriting itself and looking very messed up in the naming screen. You probably do something wrong in your code that the hardware doesn't support or you expect to work differently.

I tested in BGB with the accurate emulation settings on. Here's what I get:

I hope you can fix that so it will be a fully working release :) Also: No readme? What's up with that?

cYa,

Tauwasser

JaytheHam

• View Profile
    • Jaytheham
Well it seems I can't download either the patch or the readme from here, but you can get the file from my website which includes both a readme and a walkthrough: http://jaytheham.com/ntknb/
I just tested the patch from my site with BGB and it works flawlessly.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
I tested in BGB with the accurate emulation settings on. Here's what I get:

Then you got the opposite of me. Works on bgb with accuracy enabled, broken on VBA.
Weird, I run it a second time and it breaks.
Try turning on the "Emulate locked RAM" option on the Exceptions screen.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:41:46 pm by KingMike »
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Tauwasser

• Fantabulous!!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Then you got the opposite of me. Works on bgb with accuracy enabled, broken on VBA.

You did not enable accuracy. While there is an accuracy option in the settings, it just emulates timing more accurate. The real options are in the exceptions menu and should all be set to emulate "as in reality". You will then see the real issues.
However, the accuracy settings will not fix the problem with banks 0x22 and onwards jumping to bank 0x00 after vblank.

Well it seems I can't download either the patch or the readme from here, but you can get the file from my website which includes both a readme and a walkthrough: http://jaytheham.com/ntknb/
I just tested the patch from my site with BGB and it works flawlessly.

Well the issues are still there, as it's exactly the same patch. The readme doesn't seem to be included in the archive on RHDN. While we're at it, you should convert both the readme and the walkthrough to UTF-8.

cYa,

Tauwasser

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
I noticed the "Locked RAM" thing right after my first post.

If you don't want the player to press Select, then disable the Select Button. ;)
Code: [Select]
0b/4e78[02ce78] fa da c2 LD A,(c2da)=04 A:00 F:00 BC:0f00 DE:429c HL:0000 SP:dfeb
0b/4e7b[02ce7b] e6 04 AND 04 A:04 F:00 BC:0f00 DE:429c HL:0000 SP:dfeb
0b/4e7d[02ce7d] 28 1b JR Z, +1b [4e9a] A:04 F:00 BC:0f00 DE:429c HL:0000 SP:dfeb
0b/4e7f[02ce7f] 3e 06 LD A,06 A:04 F:00 BC:0f00 DE:429c HL:0000 SP:dfeb
Change $2CE7B to C3 9A 4E
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

9volt Kappa

• View Profile
I love the series but for some reason never heard of this one,guess I'll have to try it now :beer:

Spinner 8

• Pink Pretty Princess
    • View Profile
Awww yeah here comes a sweet-ass necropost, bro

I got my GB USB Smart Card today and can confirm that this translation works on actual hardware. So hurray! :)