For us uncut patch see http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/612/
The German version of Link's Awakening wasn't censored like the US version, so it still was a "Bikini-Oberteil" (bikini top/pink bra) instead of a "Perlenkette" (necklace) and the japanese hippo model.
From Link's Awakening (LA) to Link's Awakening: DX (LA:DX) the German version got censored too.
General changes from LA to LA:DX:
LA:DX is in color, has a new color dungeon, the photo shop and photos are added and ..it's censored.
Changes from LA to LA:DX (German version) more detailed:
1. The Bikini-Oberteil (LA) became a Perlenkette (LA:DX)
2. The hippo model im "Zoodorf" (Animal Village) got changed
3. "Steintafeln" (stone tables) like seen in the dungeons became "Eulenstatuen" (owl statues)
4. In the first dungeon there is a new Eulenstatue (telling you that you have to move something down in order to open the door)
5. When you get the "Zauberpulver" (magic powder) from the witch and use it without leaving the house right next to her, then there comes a new message (telling you that about the powder)
6. If you use the Zauberpulver to one kind of enemy (Zelda Dungeon calls them "Buzz Blob"), you can speak with them.
US, in LA & LA:DX the same:
*"You know me, I like short names the best..."
*"It can display millions of polygons!"
*"I definitely need it, as soon as possible!"
*"NIE OHNE KONDOM!" (= NEVER WITHOUT CONDOM!)
*"Gib mir Deinen Saft, ich geb' Dir meinen..."
*"Irgendwelche Sorgen, Nöte oder Probleme?"
*"!STOP THE WAR! GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!!"
*"Du bist komisch!" (= You're funny/strange!)
*"Wer unter Wasser sucht, wird manches finden!"
*"Kleine Teufel schenken Tragkraft..."
*"Hey! Hast du Geierwally schon besucht?"
7. If you use a enter a special name, you can hear a special music:
- FR: LOLO
- US: (without an own song)
- G: MOYSE (by Claude M. Moyse - the translator)
- JP: TOTAKEKE (written Hiragana; by Kazumi Totaka; cf: http://www.nindb.net/feature/totakas-song.html
The German music through MOYSE changed from LA to LA:DX. In LA:DX it is the same like in the JP version
8. I saw this inside the rom, but not inside the game:
DE-LA: "Glotz mich nicht so blöd an. Noch nie eine nackte Frau gesehen???"
DE-LA:DX: "Hau ab!"
US: "Leave me alone! I'm trying to sit still so Schule can paint my portrait!"
Inside the rom it's right before the text from the boss of the first dungeon.
'Cause of the "Schule" (that's the painter in animal village) in the us version, I was thinking that it should be the model, but never saw the text there.
9. "SHOP" was changed into "LADEN".
This can be seen right in the town were you start, but it's no censorship or such but a further translation.
Some pictures can be seen at http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=3918
Though I think there's one error: "Dein Angelhaken ist nun eine Perlenkette, guter Tausch."
I think that should be this: "Aus dem (Angelhaken) wurde eine (Perlenkette)! So ein Glück!"
Changes inside the rom:
Now to the patch:
It's for the German version of Link's Awakening DX (~ Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening DX (G) [C][!].gbc).
Included is an .ips patch made through Lunar IPS and an .ups patch made through NUPS.
Also inside are .sgm saves from VBA right before the changed parts (for swimming and the fishing hook you could use Gameshark codes).
4. BH&NP&PV&T changes back the Bikini-Oberteil (bikini top), the Nilpferd (hippo), the old texts using the powder and the Steintafeln (stone tables). 3. BH&NP&PV just changes back the Bikini-Oberteil, the Nilpferd and the powder texts, so the Eulenstatuen (owl statues) will still be inside.
Didn't knew about the checksum. BGB said it's wrong, though the game would run on GB anyway. So here, is a new one: http://www.multiupload.com/G3LK764AKK
A few screens:
Some made for testing, not inside the patch:
Maybe a finishing question.
While diving next to the mermaid:
US uncut: Kyaa! Pervet! Pervert!"
German LA: "Hey, lass daß du Strolch!"
Does anybody else thinks that the us uncut is funnier and does anybody thinks that the powder texts should be changed so that they are neither pervert, nor helpful, but just senseless like in the us version?