News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.0)  (Read 304737 times)

Aceearly1993

• View Profile
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
Re: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.0)
« Reply #900 on: September 26, 2018, 02:42:11 am »
Congrats on release! The 4.0 build is awesome and the skip text function greatly boosts up the overall step, you did an amazingly great job Justin! Though I've encountered a glitch in New Game Plus and wanna report it here...

I just beat the 1st round, with Zero entered all armor upgrade capsules, and when I'm making progress in New Game Plus save data I found something isn't right; I entered Blizzard Buffalo stage and hold shot button as X, after dismissing the radar map X is locked up and can't move with buster keeps charging. I wonder if my USB controller died, closed Snes9x emulator and opened Castlevania Lecarde Chronicles but the USB controller works fine, then I treat it as minor compatible glitch on Snes9x. But similar case happened another time, that is I entered Blizzard Buffalo stage and hold shot button all the way as Zero, when I reach Buffalo's lair Zero can't move, I released shot button but it still doesn't work, I can't help but wait until Buffalo beats Zero, after restarting at checkpoint Zero still can't move... I checked Snes9x emulator input HUD it shows the shot button is always being held when the (presumably) glitch occurs, I soft reset the game but emulator input HUD is still being hold and Zero still can't move... Close and re-open emulator, re-load save file, the glitch is never encountered again... it's strange.

Also I think Zero's defense might be a little too weak against the hand attack of Godkarmachine o Inary, even with black enhancement intact, I didn't remember how the damage was in previous versions but I think the damage here is little too much; but I always have a habit of charging all sub tanks to full after X's Golden Armor enhancement so I can live with that anyway.

I was worrying about if splash jump is still intact after reading previous posts but splash jump in this build works fine at least with X.
(Edit: Splash jump works with Zero.) No other weird minor glitch occurs besides the one reported so this build is 99% ready to be the definitive version of Zero Project mod.

I like Zero's "weapon get" picture since the 4.0 open beta, it's hella cool!

There's another glitch within the save data system; after loading the save data with all life upgrades/misc items gathered (requirements are ready to get Hyper Chip/Black Zero) I prepared to go to Doppler stage, and when going through the mid boss section of Doppler stage 1 some of the life upgrade would be lost and I must re-collect all of them. I have no idea how this will happen and how to avoid this glitch.

Also I think after loading save state player's damage receiving parameter value has strange behavior which leads to damage of enemies being abnormally high, and render even X's Hyper Chip useless.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:47:53 pm by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 26, 2018, 02:26:45 pm »
Yep, I just confirmed this issue FINALLY. It looks like it all has to do with the falling ceiling. It's an extremely rare occurrence that it does this RAM writing, but it DOES do it. I'm not sure why it does it or why it needs to go that far since it seems to roll over back to the original spot after a bit. Worst case scenario, I'll just have to shove the PC stats up another 100 bytes or so.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Prouncer

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 29, 2018, 04:11:51 pm »

Edit: FIXED! The reason it was happening was due to my 1-up check code so it'd load the proper 1-up icon graphics for X or Zero. I accidentally had it adding the wrong values to check the next chunk of RAM. It was adding +20 instead of +30! Now the bug is fixed!

Edit #2: Also.. hopefully fixed an underflow bug with the ammo. I didn't have a proper check for it underflowing so it'd underflow and give the player more ammo and break the sub-weapon life bar. I THINK it works from what I can see so hopefully that knocks those bugs out now.

Still a bit new here and sorry if this is normally obvious.

How do I implement the bug fixes? Is this done as an entirely new version at ***Mega Man X3 - Zero Project V4.0 (Base Mod)*** on this site? If so, when would this be available?

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 30, 2018, 09:32:57 am »
It'll be the next patch release when I get around to it. I've fixed the bugs but I stopped in the middle of implementing a couple of other things and haven't gotten into it since. It'll probably be a bit before I release the next update, unfortunately. I burn out pretty fast when it comes to the X series.

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

PasthorRothers

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 30, 2018, 08:37:31 pm »
Can this be hacked onto the MMX Legacy collection?

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 30, 2018, 09:45:20 pm »
Yes and no. With some messing around it's definitely possible but there's no possible way to save your game so in the long run it's a no go.

PasthorRothers

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 10, 2018, 05:16:48 pm »
I'd love to see you reinsert the prototype Sigma sprites because they look SO much better than the used ones.

https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/megamanx3/sheet/107072/

October 16, 2018, 05:59:41 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Maybe even the Godkarmachine Oinary prototype sprites?

https://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/megamanx3/sheet/84932/

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 05:59:41 pm by PasthorRothers »