News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.0)  (Read 305176 times)

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.0)
« Reply #820 on: April 20, 2018, 08:03:46 am »
Corrupted is actually doing incredibly well. It's very alive and strong. The creators are on a break for a bit, I think, but they've made amazing progress over the past several months.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 20, 2018, 08:13:00 am »
Their most recent video is from only 2 months ago. Doesn't look very abandoned/dying to me.  :cookie:

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 29, 2018, 01:26:15 pm »
I played with the last patch (which included saving/loading) and completed the game 100% with no issues and used saves/loads often to test, all while using SNES9x-libretro's slowdown reduction/"overclock" option at "Max", but in the latest patch released today (NG+ included), the save/load feature hangs at a black screen if using the "max" slowdown reduction option, which otherwise has worked without issue for 3 full playthroughs of vanilla X3 as well as 2 full playthroughs of Zero Project prior to today's NG+ beta patch.

That said, I know the huge, ingrained belief that "overclocking will break everything" but there are games that can take advantage of this and X1-3 are prime examples where it works really well. If possible, it would be great for the latest patch to be altered to run with the "Max" slowdown reduction option. (For that matter, it could probably be fixed if libretro SNES9x just had exposed options for all 3 values it tweaks, but until the option is ported to standalone SNES9x, I wouldn't expect something that """in-depth.""") If I can help test a "fix" to this or something, I'd be more than happy to help however I can.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 29, 2018, 07:17:51 pm »
I honestly have no idea what would even cause this. The only difference in code between the last patch and this one for the save screen as adding the 'CLEAR' text onto the screen and altering the palette of the sub-weapons depending if you're on NG+ or not. Unless there's something hanging up there for some reason for the settings, I don't have a clue why it'd do so.

Bug List from latest patch with NG+ (But not released with the fixes):
1. Tornado Fang can underflow (Fixed now!)
2. Charged Parasitic Bomb/Gravity Well took no ammo (Fixed now!)
3. NG+ saves are always displaying the first save's data no matter what. (Fixed now!)

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 08, 2018, 05:25:57 am »
Dude, you're incredible. I wish I had the words to express just how inspiring and amazing this project and the work you do is.

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #825 on: May 08, 2018, 09:43:02 pm »
Just playing the latest update, may have found a small bug on NG+. I'm using the MSU-1 patch as well as the latest update (not the "sub weapon colors for Zero" version) on a 100% (Gold Armor obtained) NG+ file. If you're playing as Zero and have a Z-Saber charge stored after defeating Maoh, X will teleport in with an incorrect palette. (Think he's using the Z-Saber palette actually.)

I can't wait to see what your next project is, even if it isn't Megaman X related. :woot!:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 11:22:40 pm by AxlRocks »

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 08, 2018, 10:11:22 pm »
Where is everyone getting new versions? I haven’t seen anything posted.

DarkSamus993

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 08, 2018, 11:18:34 pm »
Where is everyone getting new versions? I haven’t seen anything posted.
He's been posting them on twitter: https://twitter.com/justin3009

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 09, 2018, 04:40:53 am »
I started replaying the X series and arrived at X3 once more. I was wondering if it's worth postponing my playthrough until patch 4.0 has officially been released. Are the changes from 3.1 to 4.0 big gamechangers (even when mostly playing as X :-[ ), and will it be a matter of weeks, months, or years before the patch is released?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 09, 2018, 09:35:17 am »
I started replaying the X series and arrived at X3 once more. I was wondering if it's worth postponing my playthrough until patch 4.0 has officially been released. Are the changes from 3.1 to 4.0 big gamechangers (even when mostly playing as X :-[ ), and will it be a matter of weeks, months, or years before the patch is released?
Going by what he's posting on twitter, the latest v4.0 beta should be fine for a regular playthrough, except for some minor graphic glitches.

Gamechangers are SRAM save files, New Game +, and a reprogrammed F Ride Armor that's completely functional on ground (and probably other things I might have missed)

ultimaweapon

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 09, 2018, 11:09:11 am »
I do have a question. Now, X1 has the Hadouken and X2 has the Shoryuken. Is there any way BOTH moves could be incorported in the game?
Trust in the Heart of the Cards

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 09, 2018, 04:02:39 pm »

It's actually pretty much ready to go honestly. V4.0 right now is pretty stable. There's one graphical bug that I'm struggling to fix because it just has no logic for why it won't work properly and possibly an ending soft lock on NG+ mode (Though this one person is the ONLY one to ever trigger it so I'm not sure if it's emulation or what. I can't get it to trigger so it's odd).

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 10, 2018, 12:23:40 am »
Interesting, I actually triggered a softlock like that too. Was it during the scene of Doppler's Lab being destroyed? Like, right before the camera pans out to show X and Zero on the cliff?

I assumed it was the overclock I used at first, but I tried replicating it several times to confirm it was indeed that (I'm slowly gathering data on what SNES games work with the overclock and what games don't) but I couldn't get it to happen again. Since someone else has seen it, I'll try doing another run without overclocking and try to replicate it. What emulator were they using, by the way?

EDIT: Also, I wasn't on NG+ at that time, I believe. Pretty sure I was finishing up a save from the previous beta in order to get NG+ unlocked.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 10, 2018, 12:59:13 am »
Gosh, awesome job, but I can't help but be reminded of how crappy the level design in X3 is, especially for power up order.  The least intuitive item in the game is the helmet, which is the most helpful for finding others.  I do love how early on Zero is easy mode, but by the end he's hard mode for sure with this hack.  Top notch work here.

SAHunterMech

• View Profile
MegaMan X3 Zero Project 4.0 Beta + "Zero Saber" hack
« Reply #834 on: May 13, 2018, 11:55:15 am »
Hello, I'm a big fan of the "Zero Project" hack for MegaMan X3 and it's even better with the "Zero Saber" add-on. The former makes Zero playable throughout all the game and the latter makes it so that his uncharged buster shots are replaced with him swinging his saber. Everything works fine with the versions on romhacking.org but the author of the Zero project has released a newer version (4.0 beta) only on Twitter and I get a bad checksum whenever I try to use this new Beta with the "Zero Saber" hack. Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried contacting both authors but haven't gotten anything back yet.

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 13, 2018, 07:46:29 pm »
I think I may have found the trigger for the ending softlock and some other bugs.

Softlock: I think this may have to do with playing NG+ right after a regular game. I have gotten it to trigger that way on both SNES9X 1.54.1 and bsnes classic 0.73u1 and can reliably reproduce it everytime I beat Sigma. Though I thought I encountered it on a regular playthrough (non NG+), I cannot reproduce that.

The Z-Buster menu icon has white on the bottom side rather than gray like the right side and like all other weapon icons. Not that anyone would care, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

The selection sound on the main menu (like when you go up or down between options) changes in pitch for a second or so after pressing Select to swap between X and Zero. Again, no big deal though.

If only Byte lives, when he appears before fighting Godkarmachine O Inary, his text does not scroll off the text area properly. This happened when playing as Zero.

This one is really weird: while playing via bsnes classic 0.73u1, I saved after Doppler 1 into Page 2, File 1, a previously empty slot. For some reason, this resulted in X losing all upgrades except the boots and all 4 chips. Everything else appears to have saved properly. I also could not revisit any capsules to reobtain the missing parts. I have only seen this happen this one time.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 13, 2018, 09:04:52 pm »
I think I may have found the trigger for the ending softlock and some other bugs.

Softlock: I think this may have to do with playing NG+ right after a regular game. I have gotten it to trigger that way on both SNES9X 1.54.1 and bsnes classic 0.73u1 and can reliably reproduce it everytime I beat Sigma. Though I thought I encountered it on a regular playthrough (non NG+), I cannot reproduce that.

The Z-Buster menu icon has white on the bottom side rather than gray like the right side and like all other weapon icons. Not that anyone would care, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

The selection sound on the main menu (like when you go up or down between options) changes in pitch for a second or so after pressing Select to swap between X and Zero. Again, no big deal though.

If only Byte lives, when he appears before fighting Godkarmachine O Inary, his text does not scroll off the text area properly. This happened when playing as Zero.

This one is really weird: while playing via bsnes classic 0.73u1, I saved after Doppler 1 into Page 2, File 1, a previously empty slot. For some reason, this resulted in X losing all upgrades except the boots and all 4 chips. Everything else appears to have saved properly. I also could not revisit any capsules to reobtain the missing parts. I have only seen this happen this one time.

Softlock: I'll look into this when I get the time, hopefully, sometime this week.

Z-Buster Icon: Fixed!

Selection Sound: Normal game SFX stuff, nothing to be fixed. It's a couple underlying SFX so it gets a bit funky, but it works.

Byte text: Fixed!

Doppler Save: This is.. interesting. You're the only one to state this one. I'll have to look into it, possible save corruption or something. He actually 'lost' all of his upgrades or was it just bad on the save menu?

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 14, 2018, 10:52:33 pm »
Softlock: I'll look into this when I get the time, hopefully, sometime this week.

Z-Buster Icon: Fixed!

Selection Sound: Normal game SFX stuff, nothing to be fixed. It's a couple underlying SFX so it gets a bit funky, but it works.

Byte text: Fixed!

Doppler Save: This is.. interesting. You're the only one to state this one. I'll have to look into it, possible save corruption or something. He actually 'lost' all of his upgrades or was it just bad on the save menu?

Awesome! And yeah, X actually lost the upgrades. I can only fire up to the 3rd charge shot, I have no map display when entering levels, but on the other hand, I have the double air dash and health regen from the chips and the golden palette. I don't know if it will help, but I uploaded the SRAM which contains that save file (Page 2, File 1) and also a .bst savestate which should trigger the ending softlock consistently. I also have one for SNES9x, though not Geiger's Debug version, which would probably help more but I didn't even think, "Oh hey, play through on that instead." ::) I may do another run in that and grab a savestate here in a bit. Nevermind, SNES9x debugger crashes in Toxic Seahorse's stage. *Shrugs* Surely not a hack issue if the hack works in bsnes, so...

https://mega.nz/#F!vjgyACaT!CwDg7Z9c9mqXwmh8ylq6bg
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:27:07 pm by AxlRocks »

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 15, 2018, 07:06:54 am »
So, the worm in Neon Tiger's stage has more HP than it should, or am I reading the tweet wrong?

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 15, 2018, 06:16:01 pm »
Fixed the cliff bug! It wasn't actually soft locked. The timer got SERIOUSLY screwed up and it would take like 5 minutes to clear. It's all fixed now on that!

For the Worm Seeker in Neon Tiger's stage, it's using a different damage table. The HP isn't any different, just the damage taken is, apparently.