News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.4 & Source Code Released)  (Read 495310 times)

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man X3 - Fully Playable Zero WIP
« Reply #280 on: September 23, 2010, 09:23:54 am »
Just a reminder.  Zero's Black Armour should be coloured like it was in X4, X5, X6. If we are going to be authentic, then that way.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2010, 09:48:03 am »
I have a possible Black Armor palette right now.  I REALLY like the Saber color on blacksniper's.

I have an idea for alternative colors for Zero thing as well.  I'll have to discuss this with john though before hand.  No it wouldn't be a crap ton of extra armors, but just a little something for people maybe later on.

Edit: Here's a little more fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnAGk3OupQg
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:11:17 am by justin3009 »
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

blacksniper

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2010, 10:49:43 am »
Good video. I was surprised to see the ride armor showing X instead of Zero hasn't been fixed yet though.
---
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2010, 11:31:25 am »
The reason it hasn't been fixed is because that stuff is linked to animations.  That's something we still haven't figured out completely yet, but we're almost there.  I'll work on it more when I take a break from studying.

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

blacksniper

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2010, 11:42:28 am »

Again, may be some slight changes when converted to a SNES palette.
---
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:08 pm »
Oh ho! That reminds me of Zero 2!

I had done something similiar in the past. I was full of fire and I wanted to learn ASM for hacking the Zero Series. But my brain only allowed me to learn how to calculate colours in 16-bit.

However my own project is on ice, until I have enough money to pay people for that job.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 24, 2010, 01:26:20 pm »
Just a slight more update.  Once I'm done with my last exam for today and finish up some homework, I'm probably going to try to work on the animations, since most of the bugs anyway are just straight up graphical bugs.

I've found the pointer to everything's animation data in the game just now and labeled a few.  So if we ever need more room, we can just bump EVERYTHING to empty space and work from there.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 24, 2010, 03:54:16 pm »
When all this is done, I think I might use your data to create a "ready to edit" version of the rom (sort of like the blanked out SMW rom that SMW Central has) where I move as much as possible into empty space after expanding the rom.  That way if I make any editor programs I can just distribute the .ips embedded in the program so that it can 'prep' the rom for editing so that the user won't have to dig into the rom to add additional content.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 24, 2010, 06:12:35 pm »
That'd be a good idea.  I was contemplating on doing something like that awhile ago.  Go for it though, I'm sure no one would mind.

slidelljohn

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 24, 2010, 08:01:47 pm »
Great idea andrewclunn. 8)

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 25, 2010, 11:01:40 am »
Yeesh.  I'm really confused on how this game loads it's sprites.  It's starting me halfway through the first block of Zero's sprites for the new data and I'm really not having any clue why it's doing that.  Still trying to figure it out as we speak, it's so strange.

kuja killer

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2010, 06:20:03 am »
i really hope im not hijacking your thread or anything bad like that. :( But you might want to check what this is about since you'd probably know what's going on..i dont.

http://sldnoonmoon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/neo/rockmanX3/index.html
But this guy, who's made tons of little programs, asm hacks, a hack called rockman 4 minus infintity just started this article on his site a few days ago reguarding mm X 3.

There's 3 downloads on that page. apparently one of them seems to be a in-complete level editor/map editor or viewer.
If you look through the folders and text files, you'll find there's a list of tons and tons of RAM address's of X3 stuff ...stuff you may or may not already know about.

And this map viewer requires a rockman X3 rom, not megaman X3.
I think it's worth checking out though, it's all japanese though im afraid.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2010, 08:09:20 am »
That's pretty interesting..hmm..Most of this I'm pretty sure we already knew, not all though so it's an amazing find.  And yes, that's most definitely the start of a level editor from what I was reading.  Either that or it's just going to be a map viewer.  If I read some if it correctly, barely thanks to google translate, then he's also having some issues with the map layout and the enemies as well.

The X3_AD001 folder..Not entirely sure what it does but I put a Rock Man X3 rom into it and it output a file of 28 megs that was a .asm file.  It looks like it broke down a crap ton of the game into ASM but I'm not entirely sure.

If he keeps it up and releases the source codes as he goes, this could be a great start to a universal MMX3 Editor for both the JP and ENG versions.

Edit: It seems Zero has some unused frames.

You can check in game if you want.  You can clearly see where they should be used but they're not used.  Sort of strange really as it helps smooth out the transition.

Here's what his dual buster attack looks like with and without the unused frames.

- With - Without
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 03:37:58 pm by justin3009 »

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2010, 04:45:37 pm »
I'm betting they removed the frames to speed it up.
It definitely looks better with the missing frames.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2010, 04:52:03 pm »
Having zero be slightly slower with his charged buster shots is a good thing though.  Adds more differentiation between him and X.  Well that is unless X has missing frames too.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2010, 05:02:24 pm »
X has no missing or unused frames as far as I could tell when I went through them in game.

The speed up thing almost seems irrelevant in a way unless it was like 600 frames.  You can set the delay to 1 millisecond or something so it seems awkward to not have it.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 01, 2010, 06:08:54 am »
They look like they take the same amount of time, but the timing of when the shots come out seems to differ.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 01, 2010, 08:19:51 am »
It'd be a lot faster in game of course since we can set whatever amount of time to use for them.  I might just leave these totally out, not sure.  I think I'll study them a bit more to figure out how the pieces are being loaded

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2010, 02:56:16 pm »
I think you should definitely add them if you can.

deehoC

« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2010, 01:03:56 am »
Great work you've done so far Justin and John, I'm really looking forward to the final release of this project.