News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.4 & Source Code Released)  (Read 484528 times)

Opensuser

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X3 - Fully Playable Zero WIP
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2010, 06:09:54 pm »
@ justin3009 : Just check back the capsule location of megaman x3 on youtube. You right. We need the leg to take the arm part.

I play this game long time before so i don't remember it. Sorry about that ><. Then you just leave it a side then ^^

blacksniper

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2010, 09:21:11 pm »
My dialogue:

Dr.Light: Zero... we meet again.

Zero: Ironic isn't it that the tests you set for X are instead being completed by me?

Dr.Light: Perhaps... In any case, please download this arm upgrade.

Zero: What does it do?

Dr.Light: (explanation of the upgrade)

Zero:  I can tell you feel a lot rests on X's shoulders. Too much, perhaps.

Dr.Light: In him lies the possibility of my life's dream coming true, a world where humans and thinking machines can live together peacefully.

Zero: I... I don't think that will ever happen. They fear us far too much because of the Mavericks.

Dr.Light: I feared a time of crisis would come, and it did. I pray that X and you are able to help these Reploids.

Zero: I follow X, his goals are mine.

Dr.Light: A variant compatible with your system will be uploaded as well Zero. Please, continue to support X.

Zero: Good, Dr. Cain wasn't quite able to repair me to full functionality. I owe X my life, there is nothing in this world that could stop me helping X.

There's my 2 cent's on the dialogue.

EDIT: removed some redundant dialogue, expanded on some ideas.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:41:29 pm by blacksniper »
---
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2010, 11:36:24 am »
I posted this area on the Mega Man X9 forums and someone gave the actually good idea of having the "X" button be used for Buster for Zero, while the other button would be for the Sabre.  And vice versa for Mega Man as well.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2010, 11:40:22 am »
I posted this area on the Mega Man X9 forums and someone gave the actually good idea of having the "X" button be used for Buster for Zero, while the other button would be for the Sabre.  And vice versa for Mega Man as well.

You'd better disable button remapping in the options then.  Though considering that people can map their buttons on an emulator and there's no reason for mono sound support any more, the options screen is fairly useless, so that shouldn't be an issue.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2010, 01:12:47 pm »
Hm..I might have to do that.  Or at least remove the ability to change any button to the X button.  If not that, maybe add an option where you can change that to.

Also, here's some updated dialogue that Mac at the MMX9 forums revised:

PS: The areas in bold are areas I slightly changed.  They originally read:

1. ...capsules, Doc.
2. More firepower, huh? What...
3. ...humans and machines, reploids, can...

I'm not sure if they're exactly necessary to have.  I do kind of like the first one though as it gives Zero more personality.  The second one I'm not so sure, and the third seemed unnecessary to have, but I'll take it up with you guys.

Dr: Light: We meet again, Zero.

Zero: You sure made a lot of these capsules.

Dr. Light: That I did. In any case, download this buster upgrade for X

Zero: A buster upgrade? What can it do?

Dr: Light: It will increase X's offensive capabilities by allowing for stronger charged shots as well as a combination shot.

Zero: I see you place a lot of faith in X.

Dr. Light: I believe he is the the key to unlocking a world where humans and reploids can peacefully coexist.

Zero: It sounds like a wonderful world, but I doubt it'll ever exist. Not yet anyway.

Dr. Light: My greatest fear was a world that is now reality. It's hard to accept, but it's the reason I left these capsules. Please continue to support X and if you can, utilize this upgrade as well.

Zero: Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Don't worry about X, you can count on me.

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

slidelljohn

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2010, 02:06:12 pm »
I like it exsept for this line "Zero: A buster upgrade? What can it do?". It just seems like Zero is interrupting Dr. Light.

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2010, 02:12:14 pm »
I like it exsept for this line "Zero: A buster upgrade? What can it do?". It just seems like Zero is interrupting Dr. Light.

Agreed.  Also, what happens if you get the first capsule with X and then get the second one with Zero?  Will the text change?

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2010, 02:51:20 pm »
Right now, the text doesn't change.  I'll be adding in another check in memory to dictate whether Zero got the first capsule, 2nd etc..or not.

Would you guys be upset if I removed that "Zero: A buster upgrade?" line?  It cuts down on more space used and I think that'll make it flow better actually.

Thanatos-Zero

• NES Graphic Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2010, 11:34:47 am »
You can let that line go. You know certainly what the best is for Zero.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2010, 01:48:29 pm »
Little status update:

I've located where the option menu button text is located and their memory values that set them.  So visibly I'll be able to add a "Alternate Weapon" text with the button shown, but it won't be changeable quite yet.  So we are getting closer :D

This is becoming a lot more fun :3

Edit: I'm almost curious if a VWF routine would be logical for this hack..But it may look too cluttered if that's ever put in, hm..
- It'd look something like that for a mock-up, but I don't really like it :|  It'd save a lot of room but it'd be really cluttered and ugly I think.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:08:18 am by justin3009 »

MutantBuster

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2010, 11:06:48 am »
huh? I don't see the change justin? Whatever it is it must be too small to notice.

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2010, 12:17:07 pm »
I'm a total newbie here, but I love that someone else out there thought X3 would be better if Zero were playable -all the time- . I really hope the person with this idea is still working on it and if a patch is available I would love to play test it. As for the bit about disabling Button Remapping, and making the X button the permanent "Buster" button I would like to add one thing... if you disable remapping please make sure that "R" is the dash button, when I played the first Megaman X I found that having it set that way is far more practical and comfortable than always having to "d-pad double tap" as you can Dash with R then Jump with B and gain momentum (for jumping to far ledges, or doing longer jumps from a Wall Slide) while still being able to shoot with Y (or in this case, use the Z Saber). Also, how will the Saber function in this game? I'm hoping it will be like a quick slash as it is in X4 and in the Zero games on GBA.

Hm..I might have to do that.  Or at least remove the ability to change any button to the X button.  If not that, maybe add an option where you can change that to.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2010, 12:32:13 pm »
In the version after the playable Zero one, the Remastered version, The quick slash from X4 will be implemented.  When that starts working, the X button will be mapped for the Buster FOR Zero, but the main button would be for his Sabre.  Vice Versa for X, the Buster will be the main, but the Sabre will be the X button.

And yes, this is still being worked on.  It's a fresh project in the idea of romhacking.

blacksniper

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 24, 2010, 01:57:56 pm »
I'd actually like to see the X button used as a weapon change button that only changes to the buster. If possible make the usual weapon switching buttons not able to cycle to it so they wouldn't interfere with the X button. If you made X fire the buster I can promise I wouldn't use it because the way I hold the controller simply doesn't allow me to easily press that button. Maybe I'm weird but I loved the button layout of the X games.

My thumb rested over B and Y allowing for easy jumping and firing and the side of my index finger was used to press A for dash. The middle finger was used for pressing R and the left hand was used the normal way. I play the X series like a ninja, but the Zero series remapped the buttons and didn't allow for my layout and it took me ages to get up to a skill level I didn't hate to see myself playing at.

Doesn't really matter to me... but maybe a poll is in order? Or would it be possible to easily implement both?
---
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 24, 2010, 02:14:12 pm »
Well you can map the "X" button to whatever you want via the options menu for players once it's ready.  So there shouldn't be too many complaints on how one's hand is positioned since they have the power to change it to what they want.

metallicat65

• It's HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2010, 03:41:32 pm »
So technically you can set both characters to the same button config right?  When using X, its hard to charge up a shot and dash jump at the same time without pressing the x button.  If the x button does something, it will cancel the charge shot. Will there be any 'blank buttons' that can be assigned to the x button?
"Now let it work.  Mischief, thou art afoot.  Take thou what coarse thou wilt."

--Mark Antony, Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare

andrewclunn

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2010, 04:10:23 pm »
Considering that there are two cycle buttons (1 for cycle forward, on for cycle back) you can just set one of the to a button you won't use then just use the other for changing weapons.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2010, 04:43:17 pm »
The only other blank button besides "X" is "Select"  So you could technically use that if you wanted.

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2010, 12:08:36 pm »
My thumb rested over B and Y allowing for easy jumping and firing and the side of my index finger was used to press A for dash.

Ugh, like in Rockman & Forte, I always hated that you didn't get an options screen where you could change Forte's dash to R instead.... I tried positioning my fingers in the way you described, wow is that ever uncomfortable. Atleast with R as the Dash I can press that with my index finger while still having the tip of my thumb over Y and the butt of my thumb over B. Give it a shot, you'll like it especially for that wall jump at the end of X3 where you're trying to climb away from Sigma's floating green vector head. Easier to get momentum off walls and get past those little bits that overhang above your head keeping you from being able to get higher without some space between you and the wall.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:46:57 pm by WeebeeGeebee »

slidelljohn

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2010, 12:19:13 pm »
Since we got on the topic of the buttons. I personally think the best way to play the megaman x
games is to have your index finger on Y, your middle finger on B, and your ring finger on A.
That is the only snes game that I hold my fingers like that. I just think you can dash, jump, and
fire your gun a lot easier that way.