News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X3 - Zero Project (V4.4 & Source Code Released)  (Read 485530 times)

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X3 - Fully Playable Zero WIP
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2010, 09:29:02 am »
Why even bother having 2 Blast Hornets or 2 of any other Maverick?
If it's for a difficulty boost I wouldn't recommend it in general because it is a very cheesy way to go about it.
Good games/hacks don't rely on cheap gimmicks.

odditude

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2010, 09:57:00 am »
Also, here's a video link of 2x Blast Hornet testing.  Two words, never again.  The lag is horrendous (Wish we could stop it from lagging D: ) and the graphics are effed up.  I'm guessing the graphics are pre-loaded so it's scrambling whatever it can together to make the enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrhs2Wjr2vw
try it again on the right map, ideally in the boss room.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2010, 10:31:54 am »
It was for a test to show that we've found where the enemies are.  Didn't expect people to honestly think I'd be doing that.

I've said at least 3 times so far that I'm not changing anything at all right now for difficulty, enemies, nothing until AFTER the "Fully Playable Zero" project.  After that's set, then you'll see some changes.  I put on the front page in bold, underlined and italicized that the difficulty won't be changed until after this project.

Anyhow, enough ranting, some more updates.  I'm working on labeling all events per say, items and enemies in Blast Hornets level.  So far I've gotten every enemy up to the Mid-Boss and event except for a couple Headgunners.  I don't understand where the data is found for those and it's just not there.  I'll probably run into later but right now, it's MIA.  John's working on the introduction level labeling so we should have everything labeled in the introduction level and the events and stuff at least done for Blast Hornet.

Edit: Something I forgot to mention.  You know the event where if you go to a Mid-Boss door or any door in general and it forcefully swaps Zero out?  Well apparently that's a small little item hidden just before the door to make sure it's him.  I tested this by removing what I thought would be the check and voila, Zero was able to fly right through the door no problem.  I guess I took a shortcut by NOPing out a command to check if it's Zero, but we can probably have that event be something else now if we wanted :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:15:21 pm by justin3009 »
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2010, 04:17:45 pm »
You say Zero will have the X4 "multi-slash" motions, can that really be done? Also, I think that it would be cool if Zero still had a charge for the beam sabre, and after releasing that charge the beam would jet out much much further than usual. Or maybe have it be like a throw attack like Death Scythe in Gundam Wing Endless Duel or Luke in Super Star Wars: Return of The Jedi

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:50:34 pm by WeebeeGeebee »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2010, 04:48:34 pm »
I'm pretty sure it can be done, it's just more complicated to setup.  I'm sure we'll figure it out.

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2010, 06:03:12 pm »
I'm aware you're interested in inserting new graphics, but how are you going to make it so that the X4 palette fits into the SNES's? 

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2010, 06:23:41 pm »
X4 palette?  I'm using the X3 palette still, just recreating the X4 sprites into X3 form.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2010, 07:37:17 pm »
I'm glad.
X3 has such a unique style compared to x4s 16 bit stuff.

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2010, 04:46:54 am »
justin, are you familiar with JKB's Mega Man X Corrupted project? I wonder if the JKB team would let you borrow their slash animation sprites for this mod?

I recall that there was a Megaman X fangame from a very long time ago (circa 2001, maybe) that had a full three-slash sequence for Megaman X3 Zero, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me now.
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:43 am »
Yea, I was thinking of that but I already created a 3 slash combo along with a bunch of other animations.  I'd rather have our own work than use someone else's for such a project like this.

- 3 slash combo
- Aerial slash.  I was hesitant to post these on here wayyyyy back where I showed the victory one, but I guess it's okay.
- Victory

FaustWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 04, 2010, 06:11:35 pm »
Oh, wow. It'll be really interesting to see what kind of ASM work you'll have to do to implement this. Will you be removing Zero's Z-buster, either to make room for whatever coding is involved to generate the new attack scheme or to stay true to his Megaman X4 moveset?
Verve Fanworks: We shall shew thee here the force of our arms!

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2010, 06:30:48 pm »
Oh, wow. It'll be really interesting to see what kind of ASM work you'll have to do to implement this. Will you be removing Zero's Z-buster, either to make room for whatever coding is involved to generate the new attack scheme or to stay true to his Megaman X4 moveset?
He said that he plans on making X do the saber, and Y do the buster, and to let you have control over mapping them to whatever you want if you don't like that, IIRC.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2010, 06:47:03 pm »
The alternative right now that I like the most is MMZ style where if you press X, it switches your main weapon.  So I'll probably have that be it right now.

And nope, the Z-Buster will still be there.  It'll just be included as another "Sub-Weapon" that you automatically start with.

Piotyr

• I'm useful, honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2010, 06:54:15 pm »
Careful or you may start wanting to add the new weapons from x7 and 8! The Z knuckles, The spear thing, the throwing daggers hahaha! Heck I wouldn't mind a mod for x 5 and 6 giving those.

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2010, 07:11:18 pm »
Wait a sec... that's a FLASH game? Daaaaayuuuum.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2010, 07:23:46 pm »
I'm actually tempted to do that Piotyr but it won't happen.  I do have an idea for something later that relates to X5 in a way.

WeebeeGeebee

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 04, 2010, 08:56:23 pm »
I'd be content if you managed to do the sabre swipes and the weapon switcher button. You being able to pull that off on SNES would be enough, lol.

Vanya

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2010, 12:55:52 pm »
Yea, I was thinking of that but I already created a 3 slash combo along with a bunch of other animations.  I'd rather have our own work than use someone else's for such a project like this.

- 3 slash combo
- Aerial slash.  I was hesitant to post these on here wayyyyy back where I showed the victory one, but I guess it's okay.
- Victory

Just wanted to say these look great & and I agree that using the main weapon switch like in MMZ is the most intuitive way to do it.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2010, 01:36:43 pm »
More updates.  Was working on some RAM Mapping and ended up finding other things on accident.  Found out the attack type of all types of weapons in the game and the charge level of each weapon as well.  Strangely enough, there's an one or two extra bytes after the attack type/everything else almost implicating there was going to be more, but doubtful.  Either case, if those are completely unused, that's going to make implementing the Z-Saber/X-Buster icon in the menu SOO much easier.

Also on the animations, the Victory is bugged because of how the saber completely flips sides.  3-Slash Combo was updated awhile ago by fixing some graphical errors and something else I'm not revealing yet.  Aerial Slash has been fixed up a little as well.  For now, I'll only post the fixed Victory.

slidelljohn

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2010, 07:54:57 pm »
The position of the saber in the victory animation does look a lot better. :thumbsup: