News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: ZOLE 4 and ZOLE Live (Update 12/10/11)  (Read 31251 times)

Asylum

• View Profile
Re: Zelda Oracles X (ZOLE Released!)
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 02:38:21 pm »
Hmmm...Any work going on with this, Lin?

September 26, 2010, 03:06:37 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And here's the text editor!

http://zeldahacking.ulmb.com/index.php?topic=55.0
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:06:37 pm by Asylum »

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 09:03:08 pm »
I just thought I'd let everyone know ZOLE is still in progress, and I'm currently working on ZOSE (Zelda Oracles Script Editor). Still, Seasons compatibility is really low and will be for a while. The current ZOLE version is 1.11 (which just came out) and has a lot more features than the one listed on this site.

But anyway, it turns out (Thanks to Jigglysaint), the game has a frequently-used scripting engine that instead of what I thought (Being used for only some things), it's used for almost every interaction (or so it seems). They all still point to assembly code, but with a little emulation involved, ZOSE can detect if the interaction has a script and easily decompile/edit it. Here's a screenshot of it:

That's the creation of the miniboss portal, or in a technical explanation, when the boss is killed and the miniboss defeated flag has not been set before entering, it creates an interaction (type 2, but it's actually type 1 in the entrance room) with the ID of 7E00, which creates the portal. When bit 7 of the room flag (Bit 7 I'm guessing a special flag since not only the miniboss room uses it) is set on room entrance, the miniboss portal is created based on the portal data so there's no need to go through this again. Honestly, I have no idea what the loadsetf6f5 does, other than loads a value from (baseaddress + the 5 in F5) and writes it to the interaction's address + 6 (Dx40 + 6, aka Dx46). Maybe it creates a fairy, I'm not sure.

Asylum

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 09:36:57 pm »
Making sure this gets back to the first page.

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:36 pm »
Big bump for a major update that took quite a few days. A tileset editor! Everything is uncompressed and one can edit the tile data, block formation, and palette data - basically everything except the collision.

Pretty big but it's sexy! The download link has changed for now, but download ZOLE 1.14.3 at: http://www.mediafire.com/?6eocwo0s9mjl0s0

Left click on everything is pretty straight-forward. On the tileset, it sets the tile with the selected tile and palette. Middle-clicking the tileset sets that tile's palette. Right-clicking on the tileset copies that tile's information for editing to the right.

It has been tested for bugs by me, but I'm still awaiting feedback from others. Make sure to back up before using it, as always, because 10 new assembly procedures are added.

EDIT: Get 1.14.1 instead. It has a bug fix and undo/redo has been added to the tileset editor. http://www.mediafire.com/?889lrrozhlolbzg

EDIT 2: Get 1.14.2. Another bug fix.

EDIT 3: Get 1.14.3. More bug fixes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:24:34 am by Lin »

Xenesis

• Syogun Changer
    • View Profile
    • Wars World News
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 08:15:35 pm »
This is quite the amazing project. Been watching this for a while, good to see that it's getting somewhere seriously.

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 08:58:32 pm »
I've released ZOLE 1.16, and even though I missed a few update postings here, I decided to post this one because it has full Seasons loading.

http://zeldahacking.ulmb.com/ZOLE%204.zip

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:56:44 pm by Lin »

Zeemis

• ジーミス
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 07:13:27 am »
Since this is turning out to be a rather serious project, I thought I'd give you an optional logo.
Here are two logos you could use if you felt like it. The zip contains these PNG's and PSD's, a photoshop file. If the image is to large for the program you're making, I (or you)can edit the photoshop file.
www.FF6Hacking.com/ZoleLogo.zip

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 12:31:05 pm »
Since this is turning out to be a rather serious project, I thought I'd give you an optional logo.
Here are two logos you could use if you felt like it. The zip contains these PNG's and PSD's, a photoshop file. If the image is to large for the program you're making, I (or you)can edit the photoshop file.
www.FF6Hacking.com/ZoleLogo.zip

Those look pretty good. I'll probably get around to using them eventually. Thanks.

EDIT: The first full Seasons maps to be edited! ZOLE can now edit Seasons maps freely, and each season has its own data!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:33:37 pm by Lin »

Zeemis

• ジーミス
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 04:52:09 am »
Does this thread contain the new version that you talk above in your last post?

RetroHelix

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 08:53:59 am »
Those look pretty good. I'll probably get around to using them eventually. Thanks.

EDIT: The first full Seasons maps to be edited! ZOLE can now edit Seasons maps freely, and each season has its own data!

Awesome! I most likely will never use this but just seeing - I always get a sentimental feeling seeing the Zelda graphics- what you have done and what others can do now makes me happy.  :thumbsup:

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 07:32:30 pm »
Does this thread contain the new version that you talk above in your last post?
The download link for ZOLE, unless otherwise specified, will always be http://zeldahacking.ulmb.com/ZOLE%204.zip, and yes, that links to ZOLE 1.17 which contains the ability to edit Seasons maps. A map in Level 6 is bugged in-game in that version, however, and is fixed in ZOLE 1.18, which isn't out yet. 1.18 will also include warps and interactions, which MIGHT be out tonight. We'll see.

Awesome! I most likely will never use this but just seeing - I always get a sentimental feeling seeing the Zelda graphics- what you have done and what others can do now makes me happy.  :thumbsup:
Oh well, and cool :D

Zeemis

• ジーミス
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 12:13:32 pm »
I know ressuructing an old topic is frowned upon, but I'm curious to the status of this project? I put *some* work into this project with those titles I made and am curious if they will be used?

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 01:58:52 am »
I know ressuructing an old topic is frowned upon, but I'm curious to the status of this project? I put *some* work into this project with those titles I made and am curious if they will be used?
Maybe when I eventually get around to it.

ZOLE has been updated quite a few times since the last post. The latest version is 1.22, with the same link as before. Here's the update log since 1.18:

1.19 - Added a palette editor, miniboss portal editor, gale seed editor, start editor, dungeon room arranger, and patch to remove the beginning locks (All Seasons). Also added the ability to re-set assembly patches. Fixed an issue with adding interactions dealing with space and renamed the type 5 interaction. Also updated ZOCF (included) to support Seasons and fixed a bug dealing with the second group of unmapped maps.

1.20 - Fixed a bug with map clearing, did a minor change with how interactions are saved, and added 2 new Seasons patches. Also included the ZOSE documentation.

1.21 - Added some interaction adding protection. Also some big updates for ZOSE, including new opcodes, more memory addresses in documentation, and some file stuff.

1.21.1 - Fixed something for the interaction fix.

1.21.2 - Added even more protection to fully squash the interaction flooding bug. Also fixed an issue where space finding was one byte short.

1.21.3 - Actually made package 1.21 include the latest version of ZOSE instead of 1.01. Also fixed a bug with saving side warps.

1.22 - Fixed a bug with chest loading left over from very before ZOLE 1.03, added sign editing to Ages, and updated the credits.

The project is pretty dead right now, as the only near goals in mind are to add a dungeon minimap editor and fix the unknown opcodes bug ZOSE brought along, which will probably only be fixed with assembly recoding.

Vanisle

• View Profile
Re: ZOLE Live - ZOLE with Online Editing (Like Google Docs)
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:59 pm »
As if the projects dead, it's more full of life than its ever been. I love the idea of online editing with your friends, it will pretty much make ZOLE the greatest editor ever, and maybe other people will learn from it and in cooperate things like it. Looking forward to the ZOLE Live beta :D

Zeemis

• ジーミス
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 12:37:50 pm »
Yep, it's very active and very enjoyable.
I find the online co-op level editor that Lin's working on to be the most enjoyable.
Shun me for saying this, but it feels a lot like Mine Craft, except you're working towards a productive goal instead of building nonsense.

The best part about ZOLE Live is not necessarily it's features, but the fact that it's going open source.
This is just a small topic stating that the server will be open-source. This will allow users who know how to program in C# add features to the server they want, like certain read-only maps, security, permissions, etc... This is only because I want there to be customizable servers because I won't be adding full-on security and permissions.

~Lin

The following screenshots were made together with a series of people.
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4480/live1i.png
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4258/rolling.png
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/6928/awesomeg.png

Done in ZOLE, non-live.
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/580/thatthing.png

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 04:32:24 pm »
It has been a long time since this project has seen any life, but ZOLE 1.26, ZOSE 1.1, and ZOCF 1.0.0.1 are now out. No more in-game assembly bugs or jump3bytes being limited to 72 interactions, and everything is more organized. I call it the stress-free update since so many problems have been fixed and Ages hacking should be good to go for real now. The download links are all the same if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the support everybody.

sephiroth2009

• View Profile
Re: ZOLE 4 and ZOLE Live (Update 12/10/11)
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 05:08:15 pm »
Can I edit texts and events without programming ?

Lin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »
Can I edit texts and events without programming ?
It comes with ZOTE (Zelda Oracles Text Editor) and ZOSE (Zelda Oracles Script Editor), although ZOSE is mainly for creating events and not editing them, although it can do both. Like 98% of Oracle of Nature was made with the tools you see in the ZOLE 4.zip archive.

sephiroth2009

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2011, 06:00:35 pm »
Where are the links?

EDIT: Nevermind.