News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Super Metroid: Redesign OFFICIALLY RELEASED, All related questions HERE.  (Read 105357 times)

SeraphSight

• what.
    • View Profile
    • The Journals Of Miri Yuruko
Re: Super Metroid: Redesign OFFICIALLY RELEASED, All related questions HERE.
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2007, 02:18:52 pm »
I'm starting to see some stuff, and one thing that makes going back to the left not lead to a door, but i am banging my head on a wall now, this is driving me nuts. 

Spoiler:
I can clearly see the stalactites/stalagmites changing, even when they just barely go offscreen, and that when the one is two squares high, i can go left to another intersection, but form that, I've savestated and gone every single direction to no avail.  I even resorted to the X-ray vision to check it out.  I could probably figure this out eventually, but i want to get somewhere with more action and exploration

(( not that i expect that spoiler tag to work, but it's a try...  i have friends who freak out so badly over spoilers ))  Edit: hey cool, it worked.

Edit2: I figured it out!  not at all in a way i thought.  heh, i may have taken the cheap way by
Spoiler:
watching my map every intersection i went through, and savestating -in my map-, and i noticed every time you get reverted back to the first spot, your position on the map moves back to the same place, so even though you can't keep your map, it's still useable.

So i got past that, piddled around, got the gravity suit, yelped for joy and took about 20 minutes running around the water area rejoicing in the fact that HAHA, I'M NOT SLOW ANYMORE!  OUTTA THE WAY FODDER ENEMIES!, and then i wandered into the meridian. 

...knocked the wind out of my sails with those algae walls and sudden appearance of ...
Spoiler:
METROIDS...or..baby ones...or something
, i haven't played the normal super metroid in forever, but they scared the crap out of me!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:52:33 pm by SeraphSight »

Metroidfan212

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2007, 12:14:03 pm »
I'm actually waay ahead of u lot but i've been stuck for about 3 months.

I know drewseph may not read this but i reeeeeeeeaaaaalllyyyyy need his help with this:

I've defeated draygon in maridia and got the screw attack but when i defeated draygon there was rumble but unfortunatly i hit the fastforward button by accident and the rumble kind passed of to quickly. now i dont know what that rumble did.

i actually thought that opened the door behind ridley head in norfair but it's still brown.

i know drewseph doesnt like to cheat but im dyyyyiiiiing here and i cannot figure out what to do next.

i hate it when i complete games it makes me a complete wreck.

So drewseph help a fellow games designer out would ya.

i can't wait to do the 30 minute escape from zebes.

Ps: by the way this hack is really impressive completly flawless for the "i want a challenge" kinda gamer.

Please reply drewseph i cannot bare to keep wandering on this game anymore :(

Metroidfan212

« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2007, 12:17:18 pm »
O and made a few spelling mistakes there:

i meant i hate it when i can't complete games

and:

Ridleys head.

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2007, 01:42:56 pm »
I've defeated draygon in maridia and got the screw attack but when i defeated draygon there was rumble but unfortunatly i hit the fastforward button by accident and the rumble kind passed of to quickly. now i dont know what that rumble did.
I don't really remember what this one does, it either opens up access to one of the Guardians or grants access to the Beam Combo.

i actually thought that opened the door behind ridley head in norfair but it's still brown.
That's the exit, not the entrance. The entrance is in the northeastern area of the map. Enter Norfair from Maridia (right next to Kraid) and you'll be at the entrance. Just gotta find it now. ;)

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

SeraphSight

• what.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2007, 05:58:29 pm »
Actually, haha, since my last post here, I've killed the maridian boss, gotten the beam combo, wandered about down in what i think is ridley's lair (with the gold space pirates that do like 50 damage a hit and take 15 missiles to kill (good lord!), but i can't find any other direction to go down there, in the vertical spot at the beginning, -three- doors are solid/closed and I've gone through and speed-jumped my way back to normal norfair three times now, and wandered about x-raying everything i can remember.

I'm totally lost now, as well, and only slightly ahead of you, Metroidfan212.

So, yea, the rumble opened the beam combo, and i can't figure if it got anything else open.  I guess I'll crawl around the norfair spot and hope i notice something i didn't before. 

UpdateEdit: OH MY GOD RIDLEY IS EATING ME LIKE A CORNCHIP.   7 energy tanks and 2 reserve tanks are only acting like a stick of butter to his lava covered knife!  not to mention all the missiles i flung at him didn't even make him turn noticably red!  D:   This is madness! (in before "this is sparta")  but good lord he's tough.

Another Update Edit: RIDLEY IS DOWN!  Plasma beam aquired!  Now i have no idea where i need to go...   4 more chozo guardian statues ...  i have absolutely no idea where to find them.  This might take awhile.  :|
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 03:25:23 pm by SeraphSight »

Metroidfan212

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2007, 12:41:04 pm »
But how do you get the ridley head door open.

IT'S STILL LOCKED!!!

PLEEEAAASE Tell me how to unlock the ridley head door PLEEEEAAAAASE!!!

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2007, 01:53:46 pm »
That's Lower Norfair's exit. The only way it opens is to find the entrance and kill Ridley. I already told you where to look, but you obviously aren't reading.

Start from where I am on the map. That's all I'm giving you.

Another Update Edit: RIDLEY IS DOWN!  Plasma beam aquired!  Now i have no idea where i need to go...   4 more chozo guardian statues ...  i have absolutely no idea where to find them.  This might take awhile.  :|
Start with the ones you have found. I can give you some vauge hints:

Crateria:
  • one out in the open, in the direction of the bombs.
  • One near the entrance to Maridia.
  • One near your ship when you land.
Brinstar:
  • One in "green" Brinstar, need to find the Ostrich-looking bird to get to it.
  • One in "red" Brinstar, need Gravity Suit.
  • One in "red" Brinstar, keep looking when you find some missiles. ;)
Norfair:
  • One in Lower Norfair, must kill Ridley to find.
  • One in Upper Norfair, west side. Kinda near Croc and the Wave Beam.
  • One in Upper Norfair, east side. Need Wave Beam.
Maridia:
  • Yes, all of that and you get more than Power Bombs.
  • Right next to a broken tube.

Hmmm, I can't seem to remember the location of the other one. Sorry. :banghead:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:02:27 pm by Lenophis »

Metroidfan212

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2007, 10:35:39 am »
No no i read i just replyed without reading and i have now found it.

didnt take me long to beat ridley but now i've just got to find that last 2 chozo statues.

Quick question: where is plasma beam.

and are the final 2 statues in lower norfair?

i did find a very well hidden one in maridia if you would like to know where it is it's behind the 2 room with the wall where your wave beam cannot pass through the walls. not that room the room after the next one.

once you enter that room don't go down go up through the phantom wall it right there.

hope that helkps :)

SeraphSight

• what.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2007, 04:56:04 pm »

Start with the ones you have found. I can give you some vauge hints:

Crateria:
  • one out in the open, in the direction of the bombs.
-=[ Check
  • One near the entrance to Maridia.
-=[ Check
  • One near your ship when you land.
-=[ Check
Brinstar:
  • One in "green" Brinstar, need to find the Ostrich-looking bird to get to it.
-=[ Check (this was the most recent one i got)
-=[ Check (i think, through a bit of a spiketunnel?)
-=[  THIS one i need help with, I've x-rayed and randomly bombed anything remotely odd around any missiles or other powerups i found in all of 'red' brinstar, and i can't find diddly.  :(
Norfair:  -=[ Didn't check all of these, but i have 3 down here
  • One in Lower Norfair, must kill Ridley to find.
  • One in Upper Norfair, west side. Kinda near Croc and the Wave Beam.
  • One in Upper Norfair, east side. Need Wave Beam.
Maridia: -=[ Didn't check these either, but i have 2 down here
  • Right next to a broken tube.

Hmmm, I can't seem to remember the location of the other one. Sorry. :banghead:

This means for me there's -three- more, counting the one in 'red' brinstar i need to find.  D:  are you missing noting a few here? 

Also I'd like to ask about the diagonal speed-boost-block-filled spot in green brinstar, is that just another missile/bomb power-up or is that important?  it feels like another of those hard to get into spots that only has a tiny power-up.  :/

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2007, 06:07:38 pm »
Well, there's only 12 guardians, or at least the last time I played this game there were 12 guardians. Is my memory bad? There could be more, but there aren't any other areas where they could be stuck.

This means for me there's -three- more, counting the one in 'red' brinstar i need to find.  D:  are you missing noting a few here?
The one that says you have more to unlock is not one of the guardians. You most likely already knew this, but if you didn't before, now you do. :happy:

I'd suggest going to all of the guardians you do have, and try to activate them again. Just in case. On my second playthrough I had all the guardians discovered, and I was certain all were activated. But I had 1 left to go, so it was annoying to try and figure out which one I forgot. And of all of them, it was the one near the ship that I overlooked. :-\

-=[ Check (i think, through a bit of a spiketunnel?)
Yeah, that's the one.

-=[  THIS one i need help with, I've x-rayed and randomly bombed anything remotely odd around any missiles or other powerups i found in all of 'red' brinstar, and i can't find diddly. :(
Ok, I'll give you a hint. The missiles are on the right side of the screen. For example, say you are in an enclosed 4x4 room, the missiles would be as far right as you could go in that room. It doesn't help that Drew decided to make the X-Ray scope's existence pointless so you can't rely on it to find the guardian.

Also I'd like to ask about the diagonal speed-boost-block-filled spot in green brinstar, is that just another missile/bomb power-up or is that important?  it feels like another of those hard to get into spots that only has a tiny power-up.  :/
Drew put in a lot of these to hide things, but to be honest I'm not really sure what you are referring to. A screenshot would help.

SeraphSight

• what.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2007, 07:48:40 pm »
Here's the spot I'm talking about being diagonally filled with speed-blocks.

I'll update this post when i check each guardian.

Quick edit: I was wrong, I did miss the one by the ostritch bird, i forgot i was unable to find how to bring down the ribbed column blocking the way.  Found it out, I'm down to 2 statues to find.

I also just experienced an odd glitch in the part of the maridian where you have to machball to pass through a 1-block high spot of speedblocks for supermissiles, i was screw-attack/spacejumping through the lower part of the room when i just passed right through the bottom of the running are without destroying any blocks.  Just thought i should mention it.

Here are screenshots of every one i have (in a hopefully working spoiler tag

Spoiler:

The final one leading to the tourian still says i must find and disarm 2 more guardians.  :/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:57:55 pm by SeraphSight »

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2007, 10:09:12 pm »
Here's the spot I'm talking about being diagonally filled with speed-blocks.

Ahhh, ok. At the bottom of this room is a long runway. When you get a spark built up, angle up to the right from that runway. You should be able to get through the whole thing. :happy:

I also just experienced an odd glitch in the part of the maridian where you have to machball to pass through a 1-block high spot of speedblocks for supermissiles, i was screw-attack/spacejumping through the lower part of the room when i just passed right through the bottom of the running are without destroying any blocks.  Just thought i should mention it.
Behold one of many areas where you need to use glitches to get everything. I believe this is the only mockball requirement, though I'm not certain on it.

Here are screenshots of every one i have (in a hopefully working spoiler tag

Spoiler:

The final one leading to the tourian still says i must find and disarm 2 more guardians.  :/

Ok, I know which two you are missing.

Brinstar:
Maridia:

The Brinstar one is northwest of the Gravity Suit guardian.

As for the final Maridia, there's a pretty large room on the eastern side of the map. The way the map looks, its as though the game is giving you the bird. I don't know how else to explain it, and unfortunately I don't have a save file in that area so I can't show you. :banghead: The description may also be inaccurate, but it's a fairly large room on the eastern side of Maridia. :-\

SeraphSight

• what.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2007, 01:13:36 am »
Wow the brinstar one is throwing me for a loop.  I know there's a tunnel from the mid-point of a rising hallway to the maridian entrance to the door not much farther up and i can't find a reason that it's there, would that be where i should be looking?

I think i have the one in the maridian you're talking about, i kind-of see the map flipping me off in a way.... unless there's two on that side of the map.

Also, i've noticed the x-ray being annoyingly useless at times, completely missing tunnels and blocks. 

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2007, 02:32:41 am »
Ok, since you're struggling.

Spoiler:

Get here, then go up. I leave the rest to you.

SeraphSight

• what.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2007, 04:55:43 am »
oh good lord I'm such a dip.  I should have seen that with all the rest of this I've been through.  I think it was the fact so much else around there looks suspicious that that one spot, right under my nose, was unnoticed.  :|

Now to wander around the maridian...  lol.

Edit: Ok, I've Blasted, Ran, Balled, Screw-attacked, Missiled, Shot, Climbed, Jumped, X-ray'd, Swung, Bombed, Pushed, and basically drove myself nuts trying to find this thing. 

I need help.  Here's screenshots of the two in the maridian i have, not counting the tourian entrance one (which is the one that tells me to go find another)

Spoiler:

I can't wait to get my fight on with the metroids and mother brain, and all i need is the one last chozo guardian.  :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 02:58:58 am by SeraphSight »

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2007, 03:28:43 am »
You went right past it and never knew it.

Spoiler:

Thanks to you, I am able to show you the finger that Drew designed. :P The final Guardian you seek is in that room.

SeraphSight

• what.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2007, 09:20:31 pm »
OHHHHHHH   ROFJERGJAERK  I actually had found the spot that leads to him, but when i noticed i went up into that particular place, i tried to do it again, and it acted like i couldn't, and i thought i saw a glitch or somthing, but it was that very spot.  The fact i thought i saw a glitch and couldn't do it again made me completely dismiss it!

But yay, now i can finally get into the tourian and be on my way to completing this!

HOLY FREAKIN CRAP I BEAT IT.

This man is a sadist!  The escape from tourian is more frustrating then anything I have ever played!  I can't believe it took me down to under ten minutes left on the timer.  I've got to get my friends to play this hack, trying to get through this with no help would take an extreme masochist.  I'm glad you helped me lenophis, or i'd never have gotten through this thing. (or at least, my time for the game would have been exponentially longer than the 27 hours it was.)

This hack is awfully sneaky, confusing, and downright conniving.  It had me cussing myself out, and using more savestates than i've ever used before.  I LOVE IT.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 03:01:46 pm by SeraphSight »

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
I really really hate to bring up a year old topic but i'm in need of assistance.

Okay, I downloaded the Super Metroid (JU) rom that it says it needs, kay got it.  I download the header IPS patch, kay got it.  This is where it gets weird.

I apply the patch but it corrupts the rom and I know the rom is header cause I checked it.  Then, when I rename the IPS to the name of the SMC, the game runs correctly.  Why the hell would it do that?

My friend and I want to play this via netplay and flip flop turns a bit and it worked okay on the space colony, get into crateria and the graphics is a mind f***.  We're forced to use ZSNES 1.42 so we can paly it netplay but I think this version is to old to support the Auto Patch things correctly...Is there really anyway to allow it to patch correctly so we can play it WITHOUT autopatching? =[
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
My friend and I want to play this via netplay and flip flop turns a bit and it worked okay on the space colony, get into crateria and the graphics is a mind f***.  We're forced to use ZSNES 1.42 so we can paly it netplay but I think this version is to old to support the Auto Patch things correctly...Is there really anyway to allow it to patch correctly so we can play it WITHOUT autopatching? =[
Part of the problem is Zsnes. Redesign chokes in v1.4x, so you have to use v1.3x for it to run correctly. If it's running in v1.42, then it's probably patched correctly. Honestly, I think Drew never made a headered patch correctly, so I'm not sure that's not your problem. Try the unheadered patch and see if that works.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
It was the version of ZSNES...grr...It works in 1.51 w/e it is.  God damn you unstable ZSNES..There's 1 game down the drain...You can't netplay via 1.3x because it crashes.  This is so lame =[ :thumbsup:
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'