News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Emu-X-Station  (Read 13494 times)

DragonRose

• View Profile
Emu-X-Station
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:39:05 am »
Project team:
--DragonRose

Beta tester:
--Specialt1212

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emu-X-Station, is a project developed by me, it has multiple modules the 2 main ones been Cat-X modules and Museum modules, the museum modles tell the history of a console for instance sega cd, from bios boot up videos ot release dates and hardware info. Whilst the Cat-X is a offline games database and emulator front end. It covers 20 consoles so far (psx, sega cd, amiga cd32, snes, etc)

Below ill show the Playstation Cat-X:

• Offline games DB aims to cover each game as in depth as possible with region relations, languages, barcodes, developer/publisher info, supported hardware, players, discs, ESRB rating, game reviews, star rating (based on the average of 4 from different magazines), FAQ's/Cheats and more.

• Games Media manager, allows you to view and add your own media to each game profile such as audio, artwork, pdf's, cbz/cbr's, dexdrive saves, soundtracks etc with a wide range of formats supported (.pdf, .cbz, .cb7, .wav, .mp3, .flac, .midi, .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .txt, .dat, .rtf, .zip, .7z etc)

• Emulator Fronted, currently ePSXe and pSX are supported, you can audit/scan your games folder, then play your games using preset emulator configs or create your own configs easily via the options menu. Games can be played from the raw images or from 7z archives.

• Emulator Patch, shows available patches for the selected game and allows you to patch the game before playing it, either hard patching your original image or by flypatching which makes a copy or the image then patches it, you can even patch a games thats in archive (7z) format.

• The GUI has lots of customization options (2D or 3D cover display, multiple layouts, 7 different screenshot display modes) be sure to check the options menu out on first run to set them up.

Its developed in a mix of .Net, C# and Flash, as such requires the .net 4 framework and the latest adobe flash player (IE Version)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Pictures:

2D Covers:

3D Covers (fully rotatable):

FullShot:

Screenshots tab:

In Depth tab, contain game reviews, region releases, ESRB info etc etc.

Example of a review:

FAQ's Tab:

Media-X Tab:

Video Tab:

Theres loads of Customizatio noptions for the appearance, and an in depth filters sytem for the games list;

The PrePlay menu, this displays prior to playing a game (if enabled) to set teh emulator (ePSXe or pSX) and the config/profile to use, you can also patch your game prior to playiing it.

Check out youtube, search for 'Dragonrose85' to see videos of the cat-x in action.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:36:25 pm by DragonRose »

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
Re: PS-X2 - Project
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:04:48 am »
The interface looks awesome so far :)

JCE3000GT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 11:35:57 pm »
I like it.  Looks really clean. 

Psychlonic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 02:02:15 am »
I like the idea a lot, I'm really OCD about my game collection and like everything neat, organized, and cataloged. Not sure where you intend to go with this 100% but you've caught my interest and I'll certainly be watching out for this in the future. Regards.

Edit: 250 posts/senior member? :( I feel like a nerd...
Just another old and grumpy gamer. Don't mind me.

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:06:12 pm »
I've been testing the beta build and I can say from personal experience that it is a very nice application.

Lleu

• Poop Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 11:53:58 pm »
Is it easy to resize the interface window or run it in multiple resolutions?

DragonRose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:28:34 pm »
@Lleu, in short yes.

The apps default resolution is 1024x768, but it can be maximized to any size and all the different areas (covers, info etc) can be clicked on and re-sized by the user, so it also supports smaller resolutions if needed. Theres also an appearance tab int he options menu, from were every font can be changed to any font installed on the user system, and any size etc
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:23:43 pm by DragonRose »

DragonRose

• View Profile
Re: Emu-X-Station
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 05:48:20 pm »
Update: 1st post redone, Loads of new info added and pics.

OniTenshu

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 11:57:32 pm »
looks promising! ^w^
any news on the progress? as this is a very interesting emulator project, plus I'm getting fed up with pcsx2 and considering buying a ps3 just to settle the immense amount of problems my PC shouldn't have considering that it's a high end gaming PC with 8gb of ram a 1gb memory video card and a quad core CPU!  :banghead:
well anyways if you're looking for people to test out your program i have plenty of free time lately.

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 12:06:30 am »
The interface looks awesome, and the ability to scale down for those of us with crappy monitors is very cool. It just looks so clean, crisp, and shiny!

That said I keep my games on my shelf, so I generally would not use those features, with that out of the way though, this project looks very awesome, ambitious, but awesome; kudos to you.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

DragonRose

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 10:32:17 pm »
*Snip* Phot links went bad.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:24:31 pm by DragonRose »

OniTenshu

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 02:27:01 pm »
keep up the good work! ^w^  :cookie:

DragonRose

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 11:17:09 am »
*Snip* more dead photobucket links >_<
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:25:14 pm by DragonRose »

DragonRose

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 07:26:42 pm »

Psychlonic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 06:15:31 pm »
This is epic badassery. Have you considered some sort of internal PDF viewer so that you can also check out scanned manuals?

You might also be interested in a program called IMANDIX which can generate cool isometric views of your covers to make it look like an actual case sitting there half opened or laying closed at an angle of choice. I used it to showcase the cover I created here: http://i48.tinypic.com/2v3kev9.jpg   You can even create small filesize rotating AVIs of your cover so it will show it spinning slowly, showing it off.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:22:09 pm by Psychlonic »

DragonRose

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 08:30:41 pm »
In the youtube video, at around 30 seconds, you can see a brief category list, which includes 'Manuals' im working on implementing a internal pdf display and a .cbr/.cbz display for the manuals. Ive never heard of IMANDIX  before, just grabbed it from there homepage and going to try it out now, thanks!

Psychlonic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 06:19:03 pm »
Oh nice, I see that now. Seems pretty complete to me, I can't even think of anything else for it.

DragonRose

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 08:53:34 pm »
Update: New video added showing the new 3D covers display.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSplnNWlaaU

DragonRose

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 01:26:03 pm »
Hi all, long time no post, i've just re done the 1st post of the thread with lots of info and new pics, check it out  :)

November 30, 2011, 03:44:10 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Following last nights update to the first post heres some new screenshots:

All the rater bars with in the app are  themeable (30 themes are already included)

Themeable Genre Icons (6themes are already included)

The Titlebar is themeable,

Example with out a theme:

And with a theme:

The layouts engine currently has 24 layouts, ranging from sleek with little info to cramped full of info, some examples:

And a screenie of the Sega CD Museum module:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:44:10 pm by DragonRose »

DragonRose

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 08:05:04 am »
Some new WIP pics: