News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - nesssnightmare

Pages: [1]
Personal Projects / Re: Secret of Mana, Turbo - Beta 200716
« on: July 18, 2020, 03:17:50 pm »
Long tine lurker here. I finally got around to trying this patch and its fantastic. Thanks so much for the work you've done. The .zps format makes for a really intuitive way to add/remove mods, effectively making this the definitive SoM romhack.

A little off-topic but has there been any talk of doing something similar for SoM sister-game Secret of Evermore? It would be great to see some quality of life mods for reducing weapon/magic level grinding, removing stamina countdown, streamlining charge attacks, etc. as seen here in SoM Turbo but without adding unnecessary increased difficulty as seen in the SoE Improvements patch.

I'm translating a game for Wii that installs to the system as a channel. It can't be played straight from the disc. I've been running it on Dolphin Emulator during translation.

The files are installed to the simulated Wii File System inside the Dolphin Emulator/WFS/title folder. Once I access them there they can be edited for translation.

The files number in the 100,000+ and are well over 8gb in size once installed. Not a big deal until you want to try to share the hack.

The translation is going fine and is somewhere around 70-75% finished but is there any way to create an .ips file or similar to distribute the translation without distributing the actual files themselves?

Or any other method I might not be aware of...?

Any ideas...?

Thanks in advance.

ROM Hacking Discussion / Re: The Curse of Holy Diver
« on: May 14, 2020, 03:54:42 pm »
This game can't be translated.

It's been down too long in the midnight sea.

ROM Hacking Discussion / X
« on: April 08, 2020, 01:06:11 pm »

Newcomer's Board / Translating Dragon Quest XI 3ds
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:45:35 am »
Hi guys. New member but long time lurker. I've done some minor rom editing for personal use in the past but nothing major. I've taken an interest in hacking and possibly translating DQXI for 3ds.

I read through the beginners guide posted here as well as a couple other tutorials for translating. They described opening a rom, choosing a line or word of dialogue, doing a relative search to make a table file and then redrawing the font graphics in English and creating another table file for English then using both table files in order to begin translating.

So far all of this makes sense to me. The progress that i've made so far is to dump the script files, of which there are many, and begin opening them up in crystaltile to try to run relative searches. Thats where I am getting stuck. I can run the search but it doesn't find anything despite trying many different words.

I have tried the same relative searches on multiple of the script (.pack) files but they turn up empty as well. Some of the files are named fieldcom.pack, syscom.pack, battlecom.pack. I have spent most of my time fiddling with these because the file names seem to point to menu content, which I want to focus on translating first, and because all of the other script files are named with letter/number combinations (such as b101-1a.pack) which doesn't provide any indication which part of the script they may be.

I'm trying to make table files for DQXI 3ds to start translating the menus but I cant find anything with my relative searches.

Pages: [1]