Here are some images:
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
So for anyone who has played this, is there any really bad made-up translations in this one? Like personal translator rants masquerading as translations?
And if so, is it an isolated bit or does it take a good percentage of the in-game text?
As long as its a reasonable facsimile of the intended dialogue, I will be happy. It seems like this one is more of a proper translation, so I'll probably check it out and look forward to further D-D translations of the same or even better quality.
On a somewhat related note, this does beg the question--why did none of the Sailor Moon video games ever come to Western shores in an official capacity? I think the arcade game and Sailor Moon Drops are the only ones.
Sweet! FYI: This prompted me to actually take a look a Guest's tools. I got the script insertion working with the built-in font (plus a couple tweeks). I'm currently writing-up and inserting the script using those tools.
(Note: You need to add two copies of the dumped ROM, one called specifically "Copy of Battle Golfer Yui (J) [c][!].bin", and the other "Battle Golfer Yui (J) [c][!].bin". I also had to make one of the directories manually. "text" I think? It should give you an error, and you just need to make the dir.)
I wasn't able to figure out much with dumping images though. I tried what it said, but I didn't get anything I could figure out how to work with.
I'm also not sure about the menu text. There's a menu table file but I'm not sure if the text dumps with the script or not.
EDIT: Also here's my table file and notes: http://mattsmessyroom.com/uploads/wip_battle_golfer_yui.7z
Here are some screens so far:
Yep, 2 bytes for the pattern data offset and 2 for the delay, for every single individual character in the script. Guess the programmer really didn't want to deal with non-word-aligned opcode arguments and managed to get away with it. Made it a bit of a trick to get text rips that preserve all the speed data while remaining readable.
If this project goes through, I might take a look at the SNES version. Pretty wacky that it made it to France but nowhere else.