Good to know exactly how many bytes do we have free.
I haven't checked if I have the same amount or not, but should be the close to that too.
That promo sure looks interesting.
I might give it a try just for the kicks of it haha.
Also, now that you mention it, the Pause + Select button combo doesn't seem to work as you said.
I tried all possible button combos to try to make that work but I couldn't do it.
I don't know where the subroutine for it is, if there even is one. XD
Anyway, here's the updated patch:
This patch includes:
- Inclusion of the removed crosses whenever they were noted. (Backgrounds, Gravestones, Coffins, etc)
- Changed the Green goop palette for the pools of blood palette taken directly from Akumajou Dracula. Same goes for the falling drop bloods and the animated palettes for the blood falling out of the tubes.
- Stained glass changed to that of the Japanese release.
- Introduction sequence also had the crosses restored and the tilemap modified
- Stage Select Screen translated
- Font changed to that of the Japanese release
Things still left to do and out of my league:
- Restore the blood dripping from the title screen
- Whip sounds from the Japanese release
Thank you so much!
This is incredible!
As far as the Japanese Sound for the chain, Eh, I personally liked the USA Version better.
Blood on title screen, Eh, That too I always considered Japan Proprietary.
Cool ideas but no pressure, As far as I am concerned in my opinion this is solid GOLD!
I do have a thought about that Promo however,
I think it's that Video where the Unused Boss shows up, Kinda like Medusa but not. Almost Alien Queen like from Aliens.
Could be a cool idea to patch that creature in, Or for advanced coding, To install another stage between the normal stages with that boss based on the Promo.