Haha, it's good to hear there's still a community that cares. Artemis and some other hackers are still active so I feel they hopefully can make best use of it (or just look at it, and improve the design all over).
Okay, I found the last working copy of my code as a SVN repository with all source and visual studio project that should
) compile out-of-the-box. Basically, I separated the entire compendium loading/storing, sprite image/voculabulary decoding in plain C++ that should be portable enough to compile on other compiler vendors/OS's. Only the use of Visual Studio is needed for the GUI part, which is separated from all other code, as designing GUI's in C++ is not the kind of thing one wants to waste time on (all GUI code is in Form1.cpp, which is the only one that is Visual studio specific as it runs in Microsoft's proprietary 'managed' C++.. yuck). It should be easy to separate the rest of the code from the GUI by removing that file. Also in order to support Japanese and glyphs used in other languages more easily I used std::wstring iso std::string to make it a bit easier.
I noticed that currently only the US rom will load, but I do notice that I have implemented optionally recognizing with(out) 200 hex byte header. Once the table in Rom.cpp is filled in for JPN/AUS/NL/GER/ESP the other roms should load too.
Lastly, there's still a lot of unknown/missing parts, such as CM sprites, and handling Reli's IPS relocated version. I think most other ROM hacks use the same offsets, so once the ROM table is extended with his version it should also be able to load those.
SVN repos (version 18, available for 30 days from post): https://ufile.io/v86t9
Exe debug build (available for 30 days from this post): https://ufile.io/mejv9
As said, please use US rom for now. I hope this will run on PC's without Visual Studio installed (untested). There's a small readme included as you might need some additional runtime libraries if not...