This is a new Fanslation-Project forItadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary
[ENG Translation] [PSVITA]
My name is Chris, I'm from Germany and I love to mod Games and Code (coding code to fund fun).
I enjoy playing Fortune Street - Games a lot and I'm also a big fan of Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy!
I stumbled upon a GBATemp Thread
of a Translation Project which unfortunately is over two years old and not really maintained anymore.
Because I really want to enjoy the Game on the PSVita (maybe even on a modded PS4, too?!), I started to take this translation project into my own hands!As you will see, I already come prepared! This Project will not start from Zero!
Already overcome hurdles:
- The byte-limit of 256 bytes per message
- Editing the Games code
- Different Message-Formats
Current Progress / What's done already:
- Prepared a "Tool" (Unity Project) to translate and rebuild Message-Files.
- Found a way to reliably modify the Games code (+ building a new MonoAssembliesPSP2.suprx)
- By modifing the Games Code, the Game now first tries to load the translated Files instead of the Original Files.
- Found a way to get rid of the byte-limit of 256 bytes per Message (currently working on a better implementation to have variable message sizes without limits)
Preview of Modified Game Files:
Custom Singleton-Class that gets loaded at GameStart (can be modified, currently acts as Loader for modded files):
The Games original ParamFileManager with modified Code (using my Loader to look for translation-files. Loads them when existing, uses original files if translation does not exist):
The "Translation Tool". A CustomEditor for ScriptableObjects called "MessageHolder" (which contains the extracted Text strings).
This Tool can build .translation-files which can be loaded by the Game (Stored in GAME/StreamingAssets/Translations/.
Proof of Concept, Photo taken from Game running with the translation files as well as the active Singleton:
Plans for the future:
- Porting the translation Project over to PS4 (need to check if I'll be able to cross-compile the game code for PS4, too)
What I am looking for:
There's not much to do anymore besides translating the Texts!
I know a bit of Japanese (still learning) but for me alone, it would be way too much to translate alone.
That's why I'm looking for help with the Translation now!
I plan to open a Discord Server so working together would be way easier if we're able to establish a small team!
Of course I'll provide an Archive containing the Files we need to translate as well as the toolset to translate them!
If you're interested, please leave a message here or add me on Discord: Cellenseres#0001I've added the decompiled TextFiles as PlainText to Github for everyone to contribute!
If you want to help us out, here's your chance!https://github.com/Cellenseres/ItadakiPSVita_FanslationProject/