This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
I have no talent in programming, but I have a few good ideas/requests:
1. Jeopardy 25th Anniversary Edition: Hack to add new questions/answers into this old NES game
2. Wheel of Fortune: Hack to add new puzzles into this old game
3. Mega Man: Add Oil Man and Time Man into Mega Man 1, with no other changes
4. Mega Man 9 and 10 as NES ROMs
5. Mega Man Ultimate: All boss levels from MM 1-6 with all the powers (slide, power up megabuster, etc) and Rush modes available; if possible, add 8-way weapon firing for all weapons, not just metal man's weapon. And special mode to halve enemy weapon strength and double mega buster strength.
6. Megaman X 1-4: as NES ROMs
7. Super Mario Land 2: colorized as an NES ROM
8. GB Megaman games colorized and as NES ROMs
9. SMB with Mario 2, Mario 3, Mario Land 2 graphics
10. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening as an NES ROM
11. Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, and Link's Awakening with SNES graphics
12. Megaman 1-6, 9, 10 with SNES graphics
13. Donkey Kong Land games as NES ROMs
14. Metroid II colorized as an NES ROM
15. Tecmo (Super) Bowl: hack to add the 2018 teams and players, like the Jaguars
16. Megaman X (any), Mario RPG, Link to the Past, Mario All Stars, Super Metroid on Genesis
17. Megaman 1-6, 9, 10; Metroid; Zelda 1/2, SMB 1, 2, 3 on Master System
18. Castlevania 1, 2, 3: hack to add 8-way whip attack like on SNES
19. Castlevania 1, 2, 3: SNES rom version
20. Pokemon red, blue, yellow as NES Roms in color
21. Sonic from Master System in NES, SNES, Genesis ROMs
22. Sonic from Genesis on SNES ROMs
23. Blaster Master 2 on SNES
I have an NES Classic, and SNES classic, and will be getting the Genesis classic soon. That's why I posted this. If anyone has the time/interest to do any of these, I'd be very appreciative. The first two should be the easiest.
Castlevania - Dracula X
Yes, it's a sloppy remake of Castlevania - Rondo Of Blood. But here's a few simple things that if fixed, could make it seem a lot more polished.
Richter's walk animation: So they took his walk and stair climbing animation from Rondo, then cut out half the frames. The side effect is, he animates twice as fast. There's probably no way to add the missing frames, but would it be simple to just slow the animation down?
First stage boss: Why does a three headed dog sound like a mountain lion?
Sixth stage boss: This is the Death fight. In Rondo Of Blood, it takes place on top of a ship with a wide open background. Death descends in the background with a smaller sprite, rises past the top of the screen, then swoops back down with his larger sprite - right over Richter.
But for some reason, they tried to do the same in this game, despite the background being only 2 feet behind Richter. So it looks like a mini death turns into a big death. It looks dumb.
Final stage background: Before entering the stage, we see a map screen indicating where Richter is on the castle. Then the stage begins, and we see the exact same castle in the distant background. No. Just no.
Third stage boss: Dullahan's death animation shows background tiles from Rondo that don't exist in this game. On second thought, maybe it's best to leave that in. It's funny, and who would notice anyway?
So it's been 13 years since anyone's done a hack for this game. Anyone more skilled than me up for it?
Now that the SNES port of Wolfenstein 3D will be uncensored soon, I would like to see someone decensor Duke Nukem 64.
More GBA hacks in general. For some reason, I'm not a huge fan of the SNES but I love the GBA. It drives me crazy to see all those hacks for F-Zero, Super Mario Kart and the Mario games but so few for the GBA equivalents!
Mario Kart Super Circuit is a better game (IMHO) than SMK, F-Zero: MV is a better game (IMHO) than F-Zero and, well, Mario is Mario, I suppose.
So, get to it guys. Port your levels and tracks over to the little machine that could
PS: Full Disclosure: This post isn't entirely serious. I, personally, wouldn't even know where to begin!
8.Alright, I just thought it would be cooler for the King of Hyrule to have his FDS tomb than the one they made in the NES port, but you don't have to restore it if you don't want to, it's no big deal.
There's no reason to visit his tomb, the one thing to fix in his NES tomb is change the text "THIS IS KINGS TOMB" to "THIS IS THE KING'S TOMB".
-Super mario bros deluxe release on nes with no screen crunch
-battletoads mode B added to the game
-castlevania symphony of the night with saturn extras on the ps1 version( also fast transitions for the game over screen)