This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
- new HTML documentation
- full tileset, BG palette, and sprite palette editing
- editing of "stage clear" and star switch reveal areas on overworlds
- some text changes ("level" replaced with "room" or "stage" when appropriate)
- allow pasting beyond 64 tiles in either direction; this was a limitation that managed
to survive being copied from KDCEditor without being updated for the real maximum
height/width of Kirby's Adventure maps (thanks DarkMatt)
- more new icons (by Reimu)
- sprites and exits outside of level bounds are no longer shown, saved, or editable
- tile edit window displays tile numbers in hex
- opening non-Kirby's Adventure ROMs now displays an error instead of continuing
AFAIK it is wrong to expect that Squaresoft's games are all masterly programmed (just because they are masterly concepted).
Nope, peepholes optimizers are supposed to remove this kind of things.
Although bad code produced by a (badly configured ?) compiler could be a valid explaination.
The rom size value in the cartridge header is completely ignored by actual cartridges and SNES hardware, and is in fact inaccurate in a few commercial titles. (I can't name any off the top of my head, but I know who to ask to find out...) If it's being polled by a flashcart, then that's a flaw in the flashcart's read logic and isn't a problem with the translation patch.
That said, MMC3 was not the upper limits of storage. The largest game to use an official mapper was Metal Slader Glory for the Famicom, which maxed out the MMC5 with a 512 KB PRG and a 512 KB CHR.
Results of last Sunday's romhacking stream:
- fixed the limit on # of exits being too high, easily leading to corruption
(due to some incorrect info on datacrystal)
this was capable of affecting boss battle info (for the "next world" doors) which
can now be edited as part of the normal exit data, as well as part of the tileset
data, which the editor will now repair automatically until the actual tileset editor
is added (soon, hopefully.)
- added the ability to change boss battle locations when editing a door with type 0x1F
(the "next" overworld doors)
- fixed a bug where the music track and "no return on death" settings in the level
properties dialog didn't take effect unless other settings were also changed
- new "edit exits" and "level properties" menu/window icons (made by Reimu)
- only write some tileset info for ingame tilesets, not every single one.
this was causing crashes as of v0.83 (thanks again J^P)
once again, this update will automatically repair any ROM damage caused by v0.83
- fixed double size mode leaving sprites/exits in the wrong place