« on: May 18, 2022, 12:05:18 am »
Being a LEGO Battles fan, I think this is actually pretty cool! Maybe someone can use this to give the game some proper balancing, so the aliens don't just outclass every other army.
News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Hello,By SM64 DS, I'd assume that games similar to Mario 64 are what you're looking for as well? There are actually a ton! Here's a few that come immediately to my mind.
Do you know any clones or similar to Super Mario 64 DS on the console of the same name? (Except M & Ms Adventure) With the same kind of star recovery where of the genre and travel through worlds.
Do you mean "why are font characters two tiles wide?"What I mean is... with the NES, graphics are very simple. Whether it's sprites or background, anything you see is represented by a 8x8 tile to some degree. The solitary byte you see is the byte you get. Fire Emblem 1, for example, writes a sequence of tiles to a spot in RAM, and then copies them one-by-one to, uh... somewhere in the PPU where it can show up on the screen.
Because bigger characters make for easier to read kanji.
Or do you mean "why is each tilemap entry two bytes?"
Because tile data uses 2 bytes per tile. I believe it is possible to have 512 tiles in one tileset (or was the max 1024?), depending on graphics mode. That alone necessitates a second byte.
But also, the remaining bits are used for other data such as the palette (SNES doesn't use an Attribute Table, like NES tilemaps do) as well as flipping and priority.
You need to find if there is a tilemap in WRAM (that's 7Exxxx to 7Fxxxx).
Only the first 8KB of WRAM is accessible outside bank 7E/7F (such as 000000-001FFF). 002000+ is memory-mapped I/O, which isn't were you want to look for data.
The remaining 120KB (where a nametable copy is likely to be stored can only be accessed with bank 7E/7F addresses.
However, what that code block you pasted IS telling you that the VRAM DMA parameters are at a block at $000812. Such as that the VRAM tilemap address it is at is stored at $00085E. (It is adding 0x7C00 because VRAM address are in WORDS, which means 7C00 needs to be doubled to get the BYTE address, or that that code wants to write a table to VRAM $F800.
The data itself that is writing has already been copied to $00085A, it looks like.
Can't Repel/Reflect block everything, including Vanish and Doom? So any character can simply cas these two spells on himself and be safe from Locke. That is, if he gets his turn first before Locke does.X-Magic and Reflect Ring. If need be, Locke Vanishes himself which Rflects onto the enemy and allows him to Doom them. Of course, if the enemy doesn't come from his game, do they have to follow the rules of his game? Hmmm...
I speak Spanish but I am not satisfied with my language and I prefer to translate games into EnglishYou know, there are a ton of Japanese games that have English translations and nothing else. I bet native Spanish speakers would think it'd be pretty rockin' to have Spanish options. Localization history suggests that translations turn out the best when you translate into your native tongue. But, do whatever makes you the happiest.
EDIT: Something broke. I don't know how, but Lazy Shell somehow garbled up a huge chunk of text. Still not giving up, but I have to restart from square one, since the only backup I made was of the original ROM. It'll be a while before I start, though. In the meantime, however, I WILL put out a patch that relocalizes characters, items, locations, etc., since I can do that quickly enough, unlike the actual dialogue itself. So.......yeah. Big oof.Can't you just patch a clean ROM with the latest release of your hack, and use that with LazyShell?
So, is there a reason why this doesn't use canonically localized names for characters and places? Especially given that we now have an official localization for the famicom original.Yup, the main point was to avoid the major localization changes that the Switch "translation" and DS port made. Intelligent System is prone to changing the names of characters, items, places, etc. Out of respect for Fire Emblem original's creator Shouzou Kaga, my goal was to preseve as much of the Japanese original intent as possible. This means keeping things like "Social Knights" and Mamkutes. Of course, during my research for this project, the Switch port was surprisingly more accurate than I expected based on the wildly different DS translation. I used as the official terms whenever they were accurate, or found a nice middle ground.
For whatever reason, you put the release date of the translation the same as the game's release date (20 April 1990)Whoops! Guess I'd better fix that. I'll include that when I get around to fixing a few other things. I also recently noticed that I left in one instance of "Rena" instead of "Lena".