Mega Man X1 and X2 "Hadouken & Shoryuken" gameplay tweaks
A tweak for a more balanced, practical Hadouken & Shoryuken -
additionally a backport for X's iconic vertical dash (introduced in X3) to the previous two games
To be hones: both secret moves are way to cool to be late game, one time use gimmick only.
- removal of the 1 hit kill property for both of them, less damage is more fun = more practical to use through the game
- no full health restriction
- accessible from the start without obtaining any capsule upgrade
- cutting Shoryuken attack height / vertical range in half
- removal of the silly high pitched voice sample from the Hadouken in X1
- reworking hadouken to make it visually more interesting (larger, red?!)
- back port the Shoryken to X1 and the Hadou to X2 additionally if it can be done
- back porting vertical dash (from X3) to both previous games, no capsule upgrades needed
- knock back or stun property to Hadou and Shoryu for a more fun experience
- a small start up invincibility window for vertical dash, Hadou and Shory
* Shoryuken (for sure) and Hadouken might be having sprite problems because they were never intended to be usable from the start because they're end game content. X would probably be in his full armor during the whole attack cycle.
My very quick solution for this would be to make both more like a nova strike from the ultimate armor (yellow ex versions of the moves during animations) to cover up the fact he's in full armor as a quick fix?!
These game play tweaks would make X1 & X2 feel fresh again.
A more practical approach to both secret attacks would be a blast. As a fghting game fan, I would really enjoy these two.
Additionally a better version of the 'high jump' aka the vertical jump (upgrade for X3) right from the start would be a very fun new move to open up more play styles in the previous x games