I've just tried repatching the game for SSF Beta R3/R4 and it plays just fine. Meguessing - it's the image stuff. I've also left an extended response to you at the other place you posted this. Maybe paul_met will shed some light on this as well.
That and the ending music is the issues for both original and translation for almost every Saturn emulator existing now. For example, mednafen simply crashes when trying to exit to the world map.
PS: I'm also interested if anyone tried this on the console yet as I heard of some issues but it plays just great on my card-reading saturn usual grey version.
Thanks for your reply, I have gotten the intro music to finally play in SSF with my Japanese ripped copy, to fix that issue I had to delete "LINKLE LIVER STORY.bin" inside the folder "CDIndex", however, the same thing happens once I try patching the game with the english translation, once it's patched then the music won't play anymore. I believe the issue are errors from my part because if you got it working then there's something that I'm obviously doing wrong. I will explain my patching process, hopefully you can help me from there:
My unpatched folder has 3 files in it with these extensions: .ccd, .img and .sub, now I open PPF-O-MATIC v3.0 and select the file .img and the .ppf file and patch the .img file. What comes next is what I'm probably doing wrong, you see, the .img file is in english now, however, the other 2 files ".ccd" and ".sub" is not compatible with the new patched ".img" file anymore, and hence, opening the .ccd file from Daemon Tools is not working anymore, opening that .ccd in Yaba Sanshiro is not working anymore either so I have to select the .img file directly in both Daemon Tools or Yaba Sanshiro, once I do this the game works but the music won't play in the intro screen anymore. I believe I need to open the .ccd file somehow and edit it with the new information of the patched .img file to get it to work.
Hopefully you have a better idea of what I'm doing wrong and guide me from there. Thanks.
Note: I already posted this in the translation website but other peoples might have the same issue I'm having so I'm posting this here as well.