Yeah, I'm not too sure how good it'll work on the CD version. The Dvd version will definetely be less buggy, especially since it already includes the patches as far as I remember.
Ah, good to know, thanks. Will have to acquire the superior version.
Ok, not really sure what you tried, but here's a step-by-step using XVI32 http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm
- Open XVI32.exe and open ArcExe.exe inside it (try using the one you got from Helly)
- Click Address > Goto ... (Ctrl + G)
- In the dialog box, set "Go to" to hexadecimal and "Go mode" to absolute, then type $35A1B in the input field and click OK
- Now you should see "55" highlighted in blue in the hex view on the left (click it). The hex sequence will read 55 8B EC 81 EC E0, and you should change it to B8 01 00 00 00 C3
- Simply type the following on your keyboard to overwrite the bytes: b801000000c3
After that you just need to click File > Save, and you're good to go.
Thank you very much for the step by step instructions (and your patience with my noobishness, haha).