This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
doubling damage taken would also do wonders for balance (and would be consistent with how protoman was nerfed in 9 and 10). in addition, you could make it so the armor upgrade only reduces knockback without reducing damage.
This is a very fun hack, and I hope that the creator continues to release updates on this patch. Though I also hope that in future releases, Protoman's buster is toned down in terms of power. My ideal changes are as follows:
1) Buster Shots are changed to Level 1 Charged Shots (the green ones). If possible, make it to where Protoman can only fire up to two of these at a time. The reason for this is in that Mega Man 9 and 10, one difference between Megaman and Protoman is that Protoman can only have 2 shots on the screen at a time, while Megaman can have up to 3.
2) Level 1 Charged Shots is changed to Level 2 Charged Shots.
3) Level 2 Charged Shots is changed to Level 3 Charged Shots.
4) Level 3 Charged Shots is changed to Charged Rolling Shield weapon. Unlike the regular charged Rolling Shield, Protoman is still currently able to fire while this shield is up, making it more effective than the actual rolling shield. This is actually very powerful in most circumstances within the game, even against bosses. So having it as a Level 3 Charged Shot would be much better for it.
5) Charged Chameleon Sting weapon is removed from Protoman's normal buster, as it allows him to pretty much beat the game effortlessly. For me, beating any game effortlessly isn't a very fun experience.
Thank you for making this awesome hack. Your spriting of Protoman in particular is fantastic. Hopefully the buster is toned down a bit in the next patch, though.
Is there a patch for this?
Aaaaaaaaand you forgot to mention to require unheader too. I test header and it wont work. So I remove the header and it work. So please edit your post to add Unheader.
Btw, are you going to edit him some more, like adding super armor or giving him his shield? Also, could I suggest making his scarf a little more animated esp. when running?
And pardon me, but you missed fixing Protoman's head when climbing ladders.