News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - setz

Pages: [1]
1
ROM Hacking Discussion / Re: Screenshots
« on: May 04, 2017, 11:01:57 pm »
Started working on a thing


No idea if I'll finish it. Does the first four castles right now, but no saving.

2
ROM Hacking Discussion / Re: Super Mario Bros. MMC1 Assembly
« on: April 08, 2017, 03:43:02 pm »
You're not a jerk at all! This is great to hear. I'm going to be looking into this, thanks.

Edit: For my purposes, it was tested on emu and worked, I don't have a powerpak, all that, haven't needed more CHR, etc. So it's good to hear what's wrong with this, and how it can be improved.

3
ROM Hacking Discussion / Super Mario Bros. MMC1 Assembly
« on: April 08, 2017, 12:34:45 pm »
I recently, as part of another project, I had to convert SMB1's smbdis.asm to use a mapper. I chose MMC1.

I hadn't found it before, and I think it's something that could really help new people wanting to hack SMB, so I uploaded it here.

The init and bankswap routines come off of nesdev, and they're certainly simple compared to games I've worked with in the past, my own project has a few optimizations, but I wanted to keep the hack simple. I covered using them in the readme, also contains build scripts that would need pointed to the correct cc65 binaries.

If the hack is extensive, the hacker will likely have to shuffle some more routines into banks 1 and 2, but its all much easier to do via assembly than via binary, so I'm assuming the people wanting advanced hacks will have knowledge on how to do that.

Hopefully some of you will find this helpful.

4
Personal Projects / Abandoned CV1 Disassembly
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:21:04 am »
 So, this is a project I was working on, a full disassembly of Castlevania, along with accompanying FCEUX symbols. It's somewhere around half done, and I wont be working on it any further, so I wanted to share what I have gotten done, as it might be of use to people who want to hack the game.

https://files.catbox.moe/bksa4u.zip

5
Personal Projects / Re: [GBA] Magical Vacation English Translation
« on: June 09, 2016, 09:11:52 pm »
Ive only ran into one real game breaking bug so far

Talking to this NPC softlocks the game
http://imgur.com/YmYPccj

6
Personal Projects / Re: Romancing Saga 1 translation
« on: July 07, 2015, 03:11:45 pm »
Quote
This is kinda reminiscent of an earlier bug where the hard-coded party count was getting reset to zero (though that bug was my fault). It'd also explain the problem with the bars and picking up even more members.

I hope it didn't mess up your save. :(  Is there any save you can revert back to?
I ruined my save experimenting with the bug, and my backup saves were really far back. It's no big deal though, I never expect to play a saga game only once. I'll just have to be careful not to put myself in this position again.

I was assuming the bartender and other characters looked for a range of 2-6 party members, and that's why they were behaving that way. It was pretty interesting having more party members before the game broke, though.

7
Personal Projects / Re: Romancing Saga 1 translation
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:01:39 pm »
Great work on the translation, I found a bug, and as I understand it's a very buggy game to begin with, so probably not your fault. Wanted to show it off anyway.

Playing as Barbara - I had 6 party members, picked up Albert from the Inn in Valhalla after instructed to by the elder.

Now I have 7 party members, and sometimes all 7 can do things in battle. Also bartenders would view me as alone, also I could pick up as many extra characters as I wanted, it seemed, and still not get rid of them, however, the game began to get very glitchy afterwards.

https://twitter.com/splixel/status/618204381406756864
^ Some tweet with screenshots.

Pages: [1]