News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Topics - Rai

Pages: [1]
1
Script Help and Language Discussion / Scripts with a lot of control codes.
« on: November 12, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »
I'm making a lot of progress towards dumping Goemon 3's script. However, one of the problems with Goemon 3 is that it has a lot of control codes.

A script with a lot of control codes might be difficult to work with for a translator.

Here's an example of some text dumped from Goemon 3:
Spoiler:
おみつ  「[RedText]ものしりじいさん[BlueText]が [RedText]ゴエモン・いんぱくと[BlueText]の[LineEnd]
[Spacing]ざんがいを りようして こしらえた[LineEnd]
[Spacing][RedText]はぐれまち[BlueText] と [RedText]にんじゃやしき[BlueText] を いきき[LineEnd]
[Spacing]できる きかいの ことよ!![LineEnd]
[0xB4] 。」[LineEnd]

So what do you guys think would be the best way to deal with a script with a lot of control codes?

2
Personal Projects / Goemon 3 (SNES) translation project
« on: October 27, 2016, 10:31:23 pm »
4 years ago, I started working on my Goemon 3 translation project. Recently, I've made a lot of progress on hacking Goemon 3 and perfecting the compression tools. In this thread, you can check the progress of Goemon 3 translation project.

Most of the work done so far has been hacking and tool related. I've programmed a decompressor and a compressor for the graphics. Hacking wise, lately I've been working on perfecting my VWF code. Once I complete the text tools, I'll begin looking for a translator.

Hacking progress:
VWF: 90%

Tool progress:
Graphics Decompressor:90%
Graphics Recompressor:90%
Text Dumper/Decompressor:75%
Text Inserter/Compressor:0%

Screenshots:

3
Personal Projects / [PS2] Super Robot Wars MX translation project
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:05:08 pm »
For the past week I've been working on hacking Super Robot Wars MX for the PS2. This will be the thread for the Super Robot Wars MX English translation project.

Most of the work done so far has been ASM related. Over the past week I've been able to add ascii support and a VWF to the game.

Team:
Lead Hacker: Rai
Translator: Greenrose

Screenshots:





ASM Hacking Progress:
AsciiHack:100%
VWF:80%

Translation Progress:
Menus:30%
Story:0%
Graphics:0%

Project Recruitment:
The project is looking for new  team members who can fill the following positions:
-Proofreader
-Graphics Editor
-

Pages: [1]