I've made a Riivolution patch for MarkAss's Captain Rainbow translation from 10/30/2017. I read some people were having trouble using his scripts, so I hope this helps get people playing the game! This does not use/require the Homebrew Channel.
What you need:
- An original Captain Rainbow Wii game disc (this method WILL NOT work with copies, etc.)
- My Riivolution patch, downloadable here: https://gofile.io/?c=q1GMfH (approx 75 MB zipped, just under 100 MB unzipped. it includes the latest version of Riivolution as boot.elf)
- An SD card to use with your Wii
- An exploit to run Riivolution - Letterbomb is the easiest for a Wii updated to version 4.3, and is used in my example steps below. Read about Letterbomb here: http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/LetterBomb (you do not need HackMii!)
Steps to use:
- Unzip the contents of my Riivolution patch and copy them to the root of your SD card.
- Replace the private/ folder from the patch contents (which is empty) with your Letterbomb private/ folder.
- Insert the SD card into your Wii.
- Power on your Wii and insert your Captain Rainbow disc.
- Run Letterbomb (see instructions on the WiiBrew page linked above) to execute Riivolution.
- When Riivolution runs, I recommend that you choose "Install" to install it as a channel on your Wii. You can uninstall it later at anytime.
- The "Translation" option in Riivolution should default to "Enabled", and if so just click "Launch" to play the game.
NOTE: if you choose to install the Riivolution channel, you no longer need to use Letterbomb and can delete your Letterbomb private/ folder from the SD card. Also, although I have used Riivolution to play several games and have never had any issues, remember that anytime you use homebrew you are doing so at your own risk. I think Letterbomb as an exploit is pretty innocuous (the same for SmashStack, which I've also used), but I cannot speak for anything else.
Please let me know how things go, so I can edit my instructions to make things more clear if needed! And like MarkAss said, his translation is a work-in-progress, so while the game is fully playable (and beatable - I beat it just the other day), there is still a good bit of text still in Japanese.
Hey, that link doesn't work. I tried downloading it and it said not found.