Very interesting! Do you know if it's possible to fix the music volume being too low in MM9? Or the sounds that get cancelled by others when they shouldn't?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Ok, I understand that your main goal is to reproduce Protoman from MM9-10. My only concern, when playing, was that sometimes I felt it was a graphical hack, not a gameplay hack, because the changes are very specific: Proto Dash isn't used for half the game, and then from time to time, and the deflective shield isn't the easiest to use during jump - but that may be because I'm to used to playing the game normally and therefore find it more efficient. This is the reason why I asked myself how to differentiate Protoman from Megaman in a more radical way (making Protoman more frail and more defensive). Maybe no shield jump, only on the ground, if it would be more easier, therefore more often used ?
So you fixed it nonetheless !
Love this romhack! Any chance of allowing the Proto Dash to be used in the air though? Would make it much easier to hit Gravity Man and the Wily Capsule.
v1.1: August 28 2017
- Fixed game freezing when Darkman 4 deflects a deflected shot.
- Fixed falling crystal gimmick in Crystal Man stage not respawning if destroyed by Protoman's shield.
- Fixed hit detection of the first frame of Wave Man's wave attack (only in original game version, not an issue in Second Strike).
- Changed the S.Arrow palette to use Protoman's default palette, since in the original game it would use MM's default palette as well.
Zero can NO LONGER charge sub-weapons. This might be a huge controversial change but if something isn't done then he's basically just a power house throughout the whole game. This was actually intended even from the alpha version of the original project, it's about time it gets implemented.
4. X's buster is back to what it was in the previous versions.
- bug: in Crystal Man stage, if you destroy the falling crystals with the shield, they do not respawn
- maybe there should be a "P" instead of Protoman face, à la Megaman X, before going to the forteress: the art is not that great (at least the colors), and it creates confusion with the face of the fake Protoman (someone playing for the first time would not understand it's the access to the forteress)
- the colors for Star Arrow, P Coil and P Jet are so close to the default one, maybe it should simply be the default one
- how much the game would be broken if the shield was used everytime we're not moving? Maybe with 2x damages (no choice here), it could help differentiate a Megaman vs a Protoman playthrough?
- something that would be really cool would be to have in the same game the choice between Megaman and Protoman. If the password is a problem, Protoman could be chosen on the title screen before entering it (like you did for the damage multiplier)
I did encounter one lockup: During Darkman 4, it appears if you reflect one of his shots and then he reflects it, the game can sometimes lockup?
For those interested in making a repro cart, I had to expand the WRAM to 32kB
It's 1MB ROM, 32kB WRAM MBC5 now.