This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Samus' Weird Left Leg glitch persists in 1.21, in both Nestopia and Fceux. To replicate: Start a new game, wait until Samus fully spawns, look at her legs. One of the legs still uses the Metroid 1 tile.Can't replicate. Are sure that you patched correct rom?
Nice time! There's definitely some competition in getting it as low as possible!I'm really sorry. I say it's impossible for humans get this time. This done with tools for route demonstration for tasvideos. It insanely hard to skip hi jump boots. So for humans the fastest perfect time would be same + time that they loose for getting hi jump boots.
I'm considering adding a player sprite change on the surface and water area to an environmental suit:That's awesome. Always wondering how she breath underwater
Some needlessly difficult spots have been toned down a bit including eliminating the long fall drop shafts in the final area.I like those shafts. It was so nervwrecking to go across them. And if you experienced player you can climb them up. So the last area now is just simple walk to the boss?
jumping is a bit sloppy, there is no rhyme or reason as to why she spins or doesn't spin. sometimes you hold in one direction and she spins (making the next platform more difficult to time) and sometimes she just jumps normally. in a platformer where platforming is a great deal of the gameplay, it would be nice to see jumping made a little tighter.If you hold forward before you press jump - she spins. If you jump and then press d-pad - she jumps normally. Classic metroid mechanic. In RD it works exactly the same as in original metroid.
2. Limit warping in jungle area to Chozo ruins and redesign hive (done).
3. Open up a few locations where players were having difficulty jumping (about 4 locations fixed).
4. Make drop shafts in Metroid hive less brutal (in progress, you won't fall all the way to the bottom anymore ).
5. Seal off a few passagways that may be causing people to go in circles (such as in the under water area).
6. Reduce the loop back in a couple spots in the ruins.
7. Change a few enemies from indestructible to destructible in tight areas.
9. Reduce scope of the secret area and eliminate the warping/scrolling that loops you back.
12. See if I can change the 10 missile doors to 5
13. Remove block in underwater area
Spoiler:the ship's crew ask you to leave the E-tank behind. Even though it doesn't seem like it affects the ending or anything, it really made me think hard about whether I should take it or not. Eventually I decided to leave it for them.