And, I found this error in your patch.
I hope you don't annoy, I adding your improvements in next update to my translation.
fantastic job, anyway
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
First, I just want to say thank you for this awesome hack! I played through a few stages with the new 4.0 patch applied (Along with the MSU-1 patch meant for the Zero Project; still works with the 4.0 update!) and haven't run into any crashes or game breaking bugs. However, I did notice two oddities:This patch,think is compatible with patch msu normal versión.
1.) When playing the intro stage as Zero, X's animation to take down the...whatever that giant bug ship thing is, seems off. It looks like the sprites used were his Z Saber sprites with the Z Saber removed. Not sure if this was intentional or not.
2.) When I beat Acid Seahorse with Zero, the "Weapon Get" screen that followed showed Zero's background sprite with what looks like an incorrect color palette applied. I used the version of the patch that doesn't change his palette when he equips sub-weapons, however, so I'm not sure what's going on here. Maybe the MSU-1 patch I applied could be screwing things up? Here's a screenshot of what it looks like, too:
Again, thanks for all your hard work! I realize the first of those two points may be a bit nitpicky, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of this hack one bit.
I have been talking with the translation maker and this is literally what he answer to me:The rom Megaman X was extracted from Megaman X Collection Ps2.
I don't know if the answer can be relevant for you, but maybe some one with better skills than me can translate to english...
Rom addresses for the D in ready in mmx v1.1 romThanks very much, I'd almost given up hope.
$8D:FCD1 top of D, the value is 0x05
$8D:FCB5 bottom of D, the value is 0x05
Open up a hex editor and change the value at
$8D:FCB5 to 0x02. 0x02 is the bottom of E.
You may need lunar address to convert the rom
address to pc address. Hope that helps with your
With a bit of work it could probably be done. You'd have to expand the animation data if you wanted to use all the RM&B frames though, not to mention Mega Man would be out of style sprite-wise.I can live with it.
The utility is not complete yet, I got sick (severe chronic migraines) and had to halt all hacking activities for quite awhile. I'm just starting to feel up to working on my projects again.
Neo Ragsuku has a MM7 tool on his download page. Use google translate.
"An application that aims at editors. Is it already enough for the viewer?"
Not sure what it does, couldn't get it to work myself but I didn't try very hard. Maybe it can help.
Since I happen to have a working copy of this, I went ahead and modified the patch to use the USA No-Intro rom, so that should hopefully solve any patching errors people are having. Get it here.Can share utility?
As falchion22 has stated, I've sort of taken over this project and I hope to greatly improve upon it. It started out as simple graphics replacement and has moved onto assembly hacking.
I've already rewritten several loading routines to enable the game to load data from any bank (in this case objects with uncompressed gfx). MM7 has the annoying habit of hard coding data to certain banks, making it hard to move/expand data in an already full rom. Fortunately, rom expansion is a thing, meaning it's just a matter of modifying the code to allow use of it. Expanding animation data will have to happen at some point if I'm going to add Bass's usual abilities.
I've also written a utility to make exporting and importing uncompressed sprites much easier. It currently only supports Mega Man and the Super Adapter, but that should change in the future.
ROM => Export => Import
This means Bass can now use his normal sprites, rather than "squished" ones that were used to replace Mega Man's. Of course sprite OAM needs to be completely rewritten (unfortunately my GUI programming is quite limited, so that will be quite tedious without one).
No promises, but it is my goal to program his usual abilities in. Examining Bass's code from RM&B should help in that regard.
I should also mention the script is very rough atm, and a good portion of it will need rewritten to fix things like out-of-character lines and such. I've been working on figuring out the control codes (there's 18 of them) and have managed to dump the script with Cartographer.
While falchion22 says the patch is 95% done, that only refers to his version of it. With all the improvements I'm working on/planning, I'd say that brings it down to ~10% done.
In case you didn't notice, this is a 3+ yeard old thread
To be honest, I didn't get very far, all I could release was a patch to replace the intro movies.
In the thread for that release, I received very clear tips on how to proceed, but honestly I don't have the time or interest to work on this at the moment. The good news is, far more capable more people than me are working on tools and improvements for the PS1 Mega Man games. You may be interested to check this, and this.
Besides, the user Miles_V (who posted on this thread long ago) pretty much did what you're aiming to do... an spanish translation with japanese voices, for the PC version of X4. So maybe you could contact him for tips, or check his project (I think you can find it easily by googling "Mega Man X4 español voces japones", as he said himself. It was originally posted on a site called gratisjuegos.)
I'd close this thread if I could, to avoid confusion. This is a very old thread that got necroed, I'm not currently working on this.