News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - SilverBullet

Pages: [1]
1
Personal Projects / Re: Detective Conan: GB games hacking/translations
« on: October 13, 2021, 03:39:12 pm »
Some news :
  • I got a space extension hack. Before I was rewriting the translated script in place. Now the translated script is appended at the end of the rom. Previously the script needed to fit in the original rom but now this difficulty is removed
  • I am experimenting with fonts, I have a font with both cases and diacritics (in the same tile, not above). Previously the original font in uppercase only was used.
  • I looked into the next game and I already found a new difficulty : graphics are compressed. So that's a new challenge of mine.
@thiagosimoes
I am actively working on that but I can offer no promises. I found people interested in making other translations and I'm preparing graphics and menu for them. There's only 2 months, it's feasible but I won't pressure anybody to rush a translation to match the date.

2
Personal Projects / Re: Detective Conan: GB games hacking/translations
« on: October 05, 2021, 06:24:44 pm »
Hey! Sorry I have been quiet, I thought I lost my password but it turns out it was saved in my other browser all along!

So, long story short, I have been working hard on this project and I can proudly announce that the game is 100% translated to french8)

But, I decided to hold the release until the 27 of December, date of the 25th anniversary of the game release in Japan. I announced this news to multiple french detective conan communities on discord.

I made a compilation of screenshots to illustrate the game and the patch.



Next steps for me is to read about how to release, and eventually adding more hacks.
I'm thinking about adding french diacritics.

Really sorry for my long time to answer,
@USC Thanks but I managed to sort it out myself, it was a lot of fun  ;)
@RadioTails I think it's an excellent idea but I was not confident on my hacking skills for that. I decided to stay and adapt the text for 3 lines only, thinking that if I find enough motivation for that, I would use the extra space for the french diacritics.

If anyone is seriously interested in translating this game from Japanese or French to an other language, please message me. Warning tho: my script file is really ugly looking

Thanks for reading!

3
Personal Projects / Detective Conan: GB games hacking/translations
« on: July 31, 2021, 12:57:14 pm »
Greetings,


I'm getting started into romhacking and decided to try translating the first detective conan game for gameboy :
Meitantei Conan: Chika Yuuenchi Satsujin Jiken (名探偵コナン 地下遊園地殺人事件, lit. Detective Conan: The Underground Amusement Park Murder Case)
(c.f. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Case_Closed_video_games)
AFAIK there's no one working on translating this game.

My original goal is to translate it to french in better than nothing quality. I'm working on it since a week.

So far, what I got now :
  • Text speed patch, original text speed was far too slow
  • Python script for decompressing/script dump but there's still some unreliability I need to fix.
  • Python script for recompressing,reinserting the script.


The text limitations are painful right now, the text box is 3 lines of 12 chars and I need to make the text compressable so it fits back in the rom. That is a major risk for this hobby project of mine because it makes the translating cost higher than I expected.





Until I'm confident that I have explored all what I could to the best of my ability to make the translating sustainable for me, I am not starting the actual translating.
If someone is interested in translating it from Japanese to English (or French) that would be great for me. I would rather focus on rom hacking if possible.

I am making this topic to report progress on this and in case someone would be interested in participating in any way, or translating it in English.

I got my proof of concept done, my next step is to dump the full script and solve all of my decompression unreliabilities left.


Thanks for reading !

Pages: [1]