Romhacking.net

General Category => News Submissions => Topic started by: RHDNBot on August 22, 2009, 11:51:50 pm

Title: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: RHDNBot on August 22, 2009, 11:51:50 pm
(http://www.romhacking.net/newsimages/newsimage828a.png) (http://www.romhacking.net/newsimages/newsimage828b.png)

Update By: Pennywise

A few days ago aishsha released a complete patch for Shinsenden for the NES, so be sure to give it a whirl.

aishsha also  released a patch for the first GeGeGe no Kitaro game on NES, which was released in the US in an altered form as Ninja Kid.

RHDN Project Page - Shinsenden (http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1420/)

RHDN Project Page - Spooky Kitaro (http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1421/)

Relevant Link: (http://aishsha.blogspot.com/)
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: saito on August 23, 2009, 12:50:51 pm
Good job,it seems you make it through all the battle ram errors.That's great :P

I'll try it once I have some free time D:
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: aishsha on August 23, 2009, 01:19:43 pm
Good job,it seems you make it through all the battle ram errors.That's great :P

I'll try it once I have some free time D:
Bro, you've disapppeared once again :) As for translations - Shinsenden is a collaborative effort - I would never finished that crap by myself.
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: Cless on August 23, 2009, 01:35:36 pm
Haha. This was my first project. I remember working with (wraith) to expand the command menu. Wasn't long until I stopped in favor of other things, though. Cool to see that it's been done.
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: Gil Galad on August 23, 2009, 03:36:40 pm
I'm glad to hear that this project is finished. When I get home I'm going to play it and check the game out.

And oh yeah, if anyone is interested, I ripped the NSF for this game a few months ago. So, that's the soundtrack.
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: aishsha on August 23, 2009, 03:54:19 pm
Quote
I remember working with (wraith) to expand the command menu. Wasn't long until I stopped in favor of other things, though. Cool to see that it's been done.
It was just a minor barrier, trust me :) The game's printing routine was (and is) something totally out of this world.
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: noneother on August 23, 2009, 07:38:04 pm
So I tried changing the battle speed against the readme's warning to see what kind of apocalypse it would bring, but in my short time playing I didn't notice any problem. What's supposed to happen?
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: aishsha on August 23, 2009, 08:06:46 pm
It breaks the whole routine. Some letters disappear and the lines turn into mess - tested in FCEUD. So leave the text speed at 4 (I think, that was the starting value). Just forget about those speeds at all - the game is rather fast-paced without them :)
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: Aquillion on August 25, 2009, 08:58:22 pm
The Shinsenden patch doesn't seem to be working for me.  I applied it to every version of the ROM I could find using LunarIPS, and every time there was no change; it simply remained in Japanese.
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: aishsha on August 26, 2009, 01:14:06 am
I'll check that mistake im a day or so. Something really strange going on to my web space :(

UPDATE: fixed version is in my blog already and should be here in a day or so.
Title: Re: Translations: Completed Translations by aishsha
Post by: Aquillion on August 26, 2009, 11:10:07 pm
Awesome, thanks.  I was worried I was doing something wrong.