Romhacking.net

Romhacking => Personal Projects => Topic started by: TheSecretOne on June 29, 2022, 01:11:21 AM

Title: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: TheSecretOne on June 29, 2022, 01:11:21 AM
Hello peeps. So lately I've been making an ooa hack using lynnalab and I wanted to make a project thread for it. This hack will have all new dungeons, new overworlds, new features, imported gfx and music from seasons, and more!

Heres a video of level 1 + some other stuff!

https://youtu.be/zafHfI893rk

Here's a video of level two + other stuff
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ti6eiVdrbEk


I'll post more content and progress updates as I make it!
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: PowerPanda on June 29, 2022, 06:12:39 PM
This looks really interesting, with some great dungeon design. 2 quick thoughts:

1. The VERY FIRST LINE in the game is something that Nintendo would never put in their game ("What the crap?") If you want someone to look over your text script and edit it to be stylistically Zelda, I can probably help with that.

2. There were 1 or 2 puzzles it the footage where they only made sense if you already knew where to go. One of the rules of good puzzle design is to either make the path super clear, or give players a preview of the goal/destination ahead of time. One of the puzzles that stood out was the room full of pushable blocks in a checkerboard pattern. Obviously you can't show that whole room in 1 scene, but you could make an "island" in the middle of the room that players aim for in order to see the rest of the room. That island could either be space where they can stand, or a wall that makes it clear that "you have to go around this".

Other than those minor things, it looks great!
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: T92 on June 29, 2022, 06:46:02 PM
Quote from: PowerPanda on June 29, 2022, 06:12:39 PM1. The VERY FIRST LINE in the game is something that Nintendo would never put in their game ("What the crap?")
J2E momment.
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: T92 on June 29, 2022, 06:47:47 PM
Quote from: TheSecretOne on June 29, 2022, 01:11:21 AMHello peeps. So lately I've been making an ooa hack using lynnalab and I wanted to make a project thread for it. Heres a video of level 1 + some other stuff!

https://youtu.be/zafHfI893rk

I'll post more content and progress updates as I make it!
Seems nice, but as PowerPanda said, the first line it's something nintendo would never put to one of their games.
I hope to play the hack when it's finished however.  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: TheSecretOne on June 29, 2022, 10:32:18 PM
Quote from: PowerPanda on June 29, 2022, 06:12:39 PMThis looks really interesting, with some great dungeon design. 2 quick thoughts:

1. The VERY FIRST LINE in the game is something that Nintendo would never put in their game ("What the crap?") If you want someone to look over your text script and edit it to be stylistically Zelda, I can probably help with that.

2. There were 1 or 2 puzzles it the footage where they only made sense if you already knew where to go. One of the rules of good puzzle design is to either make the path super clear, or give players a preview of the goal/destination ahead of time. One of the puzzles that stood out was the room full of pushable blocks in a checkerboard pattern. Obviously you can't show that whole room in 1 scene, but you could make an "island" in the middle of the room that players aim for in order to see the rest of the room. That island could either be space where they can stand, or a wall that makes it clear that "you have to go around this".

Other than those minor things, it looks great!
Thanks for the info. Grammar is not my strong point and I could use some help with that possibly. Thanks for the comments guys. I'm working on a new island and should have a new video out today or tomorrow!
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: Ok Impala! on June 30, 2022, 10:23:06 AM
One day I'd like to make an Oracle hack myself. This looks super cool and promising. I hope you keep at it!  :)
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: TheSecretOne on June 30, 2022, 05:07:36 PM
Quote from: Ok Impala! on June 30, 2022, 10:23:06 AMOne day I'd like to make an Oracle hack myself. This looks super cool and promising. I hope you keep at it!  :)
Thank you, I plan to keep at it until its a complete hack! I've updated some Info in the first post!
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: TheSecretOne on July 03, 2022, 12:33:31 AM
sneak peek of what im currently working on (https://imgur.com/a/U9Jb6Zf)
Imported some gfx from seasons!
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: TheSecretOne on July 04, 2022, 02:56:15 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ti6eiVdrbEk

Here's level two + some other stuff!
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: Red Soul on July 04, 2022, 04:19:17 AM
Nice to see a hack like this. I love the graphics in the Oracle games and I wish someone redid ALttP in this graphical style.
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: TheSecretOne on July 04, 2022, 06:06:33 PM
Quote from: Red Soul on July 04, 2022, 04:19:17 AMNice to see a hack like this. I love the graphics in the Oracle games and I wish someone redid ALttP in this graphical style.
thanks! I think level 3 will be inspired by level two from Alttp with multiple entrances!
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: TheSecretOne on July 10, 2022, 01:01:33 AM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/524409050834796544/995547655197433856/Untitled.png (https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/524409050834796544/995547655197433856/Untitled.png) starting to add custom gfx!

Image won't show on here for some reason will have to click the link.
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: Lin on July 20, 2022, 09:57:24 PM
Really looking forward to this. Is there a demo download?
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: T92 on July 28, 2022, 12:30:50 PM
Quote from: TheSecretOne on July 10, 2022, 01:01:33 AM starting to add custom gfx!

Image won't show on here for some reason will have to click the link.
 (https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/524409050834796544/995547655197433856/Untitled.png%5B/url)
Nice.
Also, for the image to show, you have to write "[img]{paste the url}[/img]
(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/524409050834796544/995547655197433856/Untitled.png)

 :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: Ok Impala! on July 28, 2022, 03:14:26 PM
Quote from: TheSecretOne on July 10, 2022, 01:01:33 AMhttps://media.discordapp.net/attachments/524409050834796544/995547655197433856/Untitled.png (https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/524409050834796544/995547655197433856/Untitled.png) starting to add custom gfx!

Image won't show on here for some reason will have to click the link.

Oh wow! Looking good!  :thumbsup:
Title: Re: Oracle of mystery (ooa hack)
Post by: RyanD on July 28, 2022, 06:48:17 PM
looks great! I just started playing the oracle games again, they're so good!