Romhacking.net

Romhacking => Personal Projects => Topic started by: Spinner 8 on January 27, 2011, 05:20:12 pm

Title: The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Post by: Spinner 8 on January 27, 2011, 05:20:12 pm
For a long while now I've been bothered by the fact that in my last translation of Nazo no Murasame Jou, I translated the title as Riddle of Murasame Castle, which is the wrongest thing. So I decided to fix it, and InVerse made a new title screen for the game, and I fixed up the castle names and file menus so that more space is available to them, and it all looks lovely.

I've got a lot of crap in the works, and I hate people who just release their stuff on a forum (like I've been doing), so I made a quick little temporary page for all my stuff. You can find the new Murasame Castle translation, and lots more, at:

http://suprise.oddigytitanium.com/tvgp/hey.html

I hope to have everything there moved over to my upcoming website that I've been working on for the past couple years. All in good time!
Title: Re: The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Post by: Gideon Zhi on January 27, 2011, 05:32:57 pm
I've got a lot of crap in the works, and I hate people who just release their stuff on a forum (like I've been doing), so I made a quick little temporary page for all my stuff. You can find the new Murasame Castle translation, and lots more, at:

http://suprise.oddigytitanium.com/tvgp/hey.html

I hope to have everything there moved over to my upcoming website that I've been working on for the past couple years. All in good time!

Dude, Funky Horror Band! You are awesome.
Title: Re: The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Post by: KingMike on January 27, 2011, 09:41:57 pm
I think I already inserted the Super Monkey Adventure text. I just never quite got up the urge to get a working title hack inserted. ... and to actually play through the game.

I could be wrong, but I thought the reason for doing DQ3 was due to its mapper. DQ3 was a 256KB MMC1 game, which is the limit of a normal MMC1 game.
DW3 as well as both DQ4 and DW4 were 512KB, which requires a variant mapper, so I'd guess DQ3 was probably emulated first.
I do remember it was quite awhile before someone figured out DW4 is NOT 1MB, and thus Nesticle, popular emulator of the time, emulated the bad 1MB dump at the expense of the good 512KB dump working.
Title: Re: The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Post by: reyvgm on January 27, 2011, 11:21:48 pm
"Help, and help"

Hahahaha.

Title: Re: The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Post by: Spinner 8 on January 28, 2011, 01:04:37 am
I think I already inserted the Super Monkey Adventure text. I just never quite got up the urge to get a working title hack inserted. ... and to actually play through the game.

WHAT? First Takeshi no Chousenjou, now this? You son of a bitch! Quit translating terrible games that I want to translate!

Quote
I could be wrong, but I thought the reason for doing DQ3 was due to its mapper. DQ3 was a 256KB MMC1 game, which is the limit of a normal MMC1 game.
DW3 as well as both DQ4 and DW4 were 512KB, which requires a variant mapper, so I'd guess DQ3 was probably emulated first.
I do remember it was quite awhile before someone figured out DW4 is NOT 1MB, and thus Nesticle, popular emulator of the time, emulated the bad 1MB dump at the expense of the good 512KB dump working.

Haha, there actually were translations of DQIII and DQIV that never went anywhere before NESticle emulated the U.S. versions. I started my DQIII translation about a year after that, so I really don't have a good excuse in my case. :)