News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

I'd like to update DeJap's Star Ocean Translation

Started by the_grobe, January 25, 2022, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_grobe

Just a quick update:

We've got the subtitles and script replaced, though there's still a bit of cleaning up to do on both fronts.

The dialogue between the captain and first mate is color coded (i don't believe these bits were subtitled at all in the japanese release):

KingMike

Nope, DeJap didn't subtitle them, I recall the readme was just like "go look up a FAQ if you can't hear what they're saying". :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

the_grobe

Quote from: KingMike on February 05, 2022, 01:51:02 AM
Nope, DeJap didn't subtitle them, I recall the readme was just like "go look up a FAQ if you can't hear what they're saying". :P

lol.  and it's IMPOSSIBLE to hear what they're saying.  especially the "captain."  I had to listen to the intro 100 times to write out the subs.

the_grobe

Quote from: Felipefpl on January 25, 2022, 05:07:18 PM
Honestly, if you made a simple hack replacing the ugly font used in the game i'd be happy.  :thumbsup:

We will be providing an optional patch to change the ugly 8x8 font into something more readable.

Original by DeJap:

Felipefpl

QuoteWe will be providing an optional patch to change the ugly 8x8 font into something more readable.

Original by DeJap:

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for this, it's much better to look at Star Ocean now, this font's patch should be embedded in your update of dejap's translation. This is also shown in the abilities' window am i correct?
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

SkullChronos

Is this dead in the water, or are you still releasing this?

RedScorpion

hi,
no the project is not death, but the script needs a complete check before release. I'm not a native speaker and that is the reason why i dont continue my work. The_Grobe want test the beta, but so far i got no feedback from him.

If anyone want support these work, please PM me.

thanks

red

Felipefpl

Quote from: RedScorpion on July 04, 2022, 04:48:48 AMhi, no the project is not death, but the script needs a complete check before release. I'm not a native speaker and that is the reason why i dont continue my work. The_Grobe want test the beta, but so far i got no feedback from him.

Good to know the project isnt dead, take all the time you need to finish it, after all it's always good to be sure there wont be any problems around.  :thumbsup:
Core i7 Celeron Sandy Bridge G460 1.8 Ghz - 4 GB RAM - Win7 x64 - Intel HD Graphics 2000

SkullChronos

Quote from: RedScorpion on July 04, 2022, 04:48:48 AMhi,
no the project is not death, but the script needs a complete check before release. I'm not a native speaker and that is the reason why i dont continue my work. The_Grobe want test the beta, but so far i got no feedback from him.

thanks

red

He hasn't contacted you for five months? Is he good?

JKPhage

Still no word from the_grobe? I'm starting to be concerned for his health.