News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Mega Man ZX Prequel

Started by PowerPanda, July 27, 2022, 09:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kuja killer

Oh crap he's going to use this "game maker studio 2" thing now all of a sudden ?? What was the original megaman ZX 1.14 made in ??

I googled "does maker studio 2 work with win XP" ..and found a topic that this version "2" uses direct X 11 apparently... highest XP got is direct X 9

So...if it's true he's redoing the whole game all over in this "studio 2" then yea...i cant try it out then....so then screw it. The original 1.14 bootleg whatever by sousou, worked "except" music that i mentioned before... what program was THAT made in ?? im just only wondering.

PowerPanda

The original and the bootleg were both made in GMS1. He is using GMS2 to try to increase compatibility and resolve other bugs.

Windows XP has been past it's service for like, a decade. Don't know what to tell you.

kuja killer

oh okay.. well thats it then. i'll not reply to this anymore then. Sorry. :(
And i have no intention on ever using win 7+ for my own personal reasons.

Operator0G

well, can't wait until the 2.0 and zx zeta. will you post on here when they both get released?

Cris1997XX

Quote from: kuja killer on August 08, 2022, 03:18:09 AMoh okay.. well thats it then. i'll not reply to this anymore then. Sorry. :(
Then unless you switch to Linux you'll always stay behind. Sorry for breaking the news to you, but Windows 10 ain't so bad as long as you run it from an SSD. W11 is when shit hits the fan lol

PowerPanda

Quote from: Operator0G on August 09, 2022, 06:08:03 PMwell, can't wait until the 2.0 and zx zeta. will you post on here when they both get released?

Of course! I'm as much of a fan as anyone here.

Quote from: kuja killer on August 08, 2022, 03:18:09 AMoh okay.. well thats it then. i'll not reply to this anymore then. Sorry. :(

My father-in-law refuses to get a cell phone or a social media account, and spends his days sad that nobody ever remembers to include him on anything. I understand and respect his decisions, but have pointed out to him that if he puts the burden of communication on others, he cannot be surprised when people decide not to take up that burden. I guess I'm saying the same thing here? XP ended service in 2014. I walked my team at work through ending XP support on our software a good 5 years ago. I can't think of anything coming out these days that supports it*. If you're happy playing roms, romhacks, and retro PC games, then you've got the setup you need. If you want to play newer games, or anything being made in the Indie scene, then you can't put the burden of supporting your setup on other people and then be surprised when they don't take up that burden. You'll need to find a solution that works for you. :beer:

*Wait. Just remembered that 30XX claims XP support. You can get your Megaman fix there!

Jorpho

I wouldn't be surprised if someone has made some sort of DirectX wrapper for the express purpose of running Game Maker 2 games under Windows XP. I wouldn't know where to start looking, though.
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devisut by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

Operator0G

any update on the translation of the 2.0 version?

PowerPanda

Hunger Z obviously did not meet his July 30th target for releasing the game. In order to aid in the translation, he's working on a new system of handling text, so that I don't have to do a character count to make sure things aren't spilling over the side or bottom of the box (much appreciated). Once he finishes that, he's going to revise the Chinese text to take advantage of the new system. So all of that to say that aside from menus, the actual translation hasn't begun in earnest yet.

Systemeth

PowerPanda

I got an update from Hunger Z last night. He's still hard at work. Part of the delay is that he's allowing other people to help upgrade the game, like creating better sprites for the original characters of Hyperion, Erebus, and Brasso, and he cannot dictate their schedule. I do not have an ETA, but I know it will be worth the wait.

Dinah

So, I played the mtl translation years ago, and even with all the bugs and abysmal translation, I personally loved ZX prequel. Recently, I felt like replaying the ZX games again, which in turn made me wanna replay ZX prequel, so I look up to download and found this. I didn't know Rockman Labs had removed most of the actual creator's credit, that's sleazy! This Hunger-Z made this cool fangame and shared it with the community without waiting anything in return, the least people can do is give him his rightful credit :(

In any case, It's wonderful that another sequel is in the works AND an actual debugged English translation is gonna be eventually released, even going as far as localizing it! Thank you so much to both Hunger-Z for his thoughtfulness with English speaking Rockman fans, he really doesn't have any obligation or reason to do this, that's extremely kind of him, and thank you PowerPanda for working with the localization, I've localized translations before, it is a heavier than just translating, but the results are worth it!

Take the time you need, this isn't an official game with funds and budgets and a deadline, these are fan projects where you guys put your free time and effort out of your love of this franchise. I will be ecstatic to play it, no matter when it's released.