News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

The BIG list of randomizers!!

Started by SmashManiac, August 27, 2016, 09:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murphmario

I noticed the version of the Hollow Knight randomizer listed is outdated. Here's the github link for the new one:
https://github.com/homothetyhk/RandomizerMod

It also uses a new mod loader called Scarab, it's releases can be found here:
https://github.com/fifty-six/Scarab/releases

SmashManiac

Thanks for the heads up Murphmario!

### Added randomizers

- Elden Ring (Summon Randomizer)
- Fallen Enchantress
- Factorio (Official Mod Portal - Randomizers)
- Fallout 4 (Randomized Enemy Weapons)
- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (Door Randomizer)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (ddmlink's)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Randomized Birthstones)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (karafruit's)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Overworld Randomizer)

### Other changes

- Removed Rogue Legacy from Archipelago, and put it as its own independent entry.
- Added The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest to Archipelago.
- Replaced Hollow Knight Randomizer 3 with Randomizer 4, including the multiplayer add-on and the recommended mod manager.
- Removed The Elder Scrolls random start mods.

UPDATE 2022-05-18

### Added randomizers

- Crystal Project
- Final Fantasy V (pixel remaster)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (WoL Randomizer)

### Other changes

- Complete overhaul of Archipelago's entry, including adding Slay the Spire, Risk of Rain 2, VVVVVV, Raft, Super Mario 64 and Meritous as randomized games.
- Updated link to the Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Door Randomizer to one with documentation.

UPDATE 2022-05-23

### Added randomizers

- Dark Cloud (Chest Randomizer + Enemy Randomizer)
- Dark Cloud 2
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix (Birth-by-Sleep-Randomizer)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii

### Other changes

- Marked pk3DS as obsolete.
- Minor link update to Universal Pokemon Randomizer ZX.

UPDATE 2022-05-29

### Added randomizers

- Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (wildham's)

### Other changes

- Added The Witness, Sonic Adventure 2 and StarCraft II to Archipelago, and clarified compatibility with other randomizers on the list.
- Fixed dead link to SHFFL, which became drewlith's Super Smash Bros. Melee Randomizer.
- Added link to the source code of karafruit's fork of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past randomizer.
- Clarified that randomizers located behind paywalls will not be added to the list for the foreseeable future.

SmashManiac

I have added the randomizer name, or the primary creators' names if the former is too generic, for every single randomizer in the list instead of only a subset. Let me know if any correction is required.

### Added randomizers

- Berwick Saga: Lazberia Chronicle Chapter 174 (Editor & Randomizer)
- Diablo II (Mod generator)
- Final Fantasy XIII (Steam) / Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Steam) (Bartz24's 2021)
- Final Fantasy Tactics (Rumble: Chaos: >>The Crashdown<< REMAKE)- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Randomizer Custom Build)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Randomizer Custom Build)
- Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Kalieum's)
- Kirby Star Allies (firubii's)

### Other changes

- Added Chex Quest 3 (fangame) / Hacx / Harmony (fangame) / Strife to OBSIDIAN.
- Fixed links to FERandomizer and Ephraim's Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade randomizer. Special thanks to Klokinator for the re-uploads!
- Added Total War: Rome Remastered compatibility with the Rome: Total War randomizer.
- Updated entries in the Ori series.
- Marked the original Final Fantasy Tactics Rumble Chaos Crashdown as obsolete.
- Clarified download link locations of randomizers hosted on speedrun.com.
- Minor URL changes for some GitHub links.

UPDATED 2022-06-20

### Added randomizers

- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (part of Bartz24's 2021 randomizers)

### Other changes

- Added officially-supported mods for the Deus Ex randomizer.
- Added sub-series grouping for select series.
- Added Generation acronyms for core Pokémon games.
- Added Fire Emblem game numbering.
- Clarified game versions for the Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, Pokémon Red/Blue Version and Tetris NES randomizers.
- Added note that a Discord account is required to set up Bartz24's 2021 Final Fantasy XIII randomizers.
- Minor change to the ordering of entries within a series.

UPDATED 2022-06-21

- Added all games currently supported by the Pokémon Type Chart Randomizer, now covering Gen I, Gen II and most of Gen III.
- Fixed Pokémon Crystal Version not correctly labeled for Gen II.
- Updated instructions on how to get Pokémon Speedchoice releases.

UPDATED 2022-06-22

- Added Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen Version compatibility to the Pokémon Type Chart Randomizer.
- Minor cosmetic change when explaining acronyms in the Pokémon section.

treos

"Final Fantasy XIII (Steam) / Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Steam) / Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Steam) (Bartz24's 2021) - Discord account required to download the required Nova Chrysalia mod manager"

just thought i'd check to see if there were any new randomizers and saw this which makes me feel a need to request an alternative download source because discord servers are not, and should not be used as, a file hosting service.

game devs and modders alike both seriously need to STOP doing this.

there's a limit to how many servers a person can join on discord and people should not need to join a discord server in order to download something like this.

SmashManiac

I sooo agree with you treos. The sad part is that Nova Chrysalia was fully public on Nexus Mods for a while, but it got delisted. Meanwhile I can provide a direct link to it from Discord (direct links to uploaded files require no authentication) but I would need to update it every time a new version is released, which is too much work for me (and shouldn't be my responsibility to begin with).

Video game preservation is hard. Preservation of fan-made mods and tools is even harder. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do so myself.

treos

Quote from: SmashManiac on June 22, 2022, 02:35:54 PM
I sooo agree with you treos. The sad part is that Nova Chrysalia was fully public on Nexus Mods for a while, but it got delisted. Meanwhile I can provide a direct link to it from Discord (direct links to uploaded files require no authentication) but I would need to update it every time a new version is released, which is too much work for me (and shouldn't be my responsibility to begin with).

Video game preservation is hard. Preservation of fan-made mods and tools is even harder. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do so myself.

understandable and i also just spotted another issue though nothing so potentially serious as the above one.

https://github.com/mapron/d2modgen

i was going to give this a try but then i stopped to read the menus and stuff and this randomizer was actually made for Diablo II: Resurrected, not Diablo II (the original game).

SmashManiac

### Added randomizers

- Baldur's Gate / Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition / Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn / Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (Enemy Randomizer)
- Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Metroid The Threat Never Ends (fangame) (DodoBirby's)
- PlantsVsZombies.NET (Plants vs. Zombies unofficial PC port) (Andree's)
- Terraria (Flag Randomizer)
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (mracsys's)
- Tunic (Item Randomizer)
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Genesis) (Zombies Ate My Roguelike)

### Other changes

- Added game/mod compatibility for the Baldur's Gate series entries Item Randomiser and Sword Coast Stratagems.
- Fixed the Diablo II mod generator entry incorrectly stating compatibility with the original game instead of Diablo II: Resurrected. (Thanks treos for the correction!)
- Removed Fire Emblem Awakening's Class-Skill-Randomizer by Nyaaaa2314 due to it being deleted with no known backups.
- Minor fix to the D2 Mod Maker entry.

FlamePurge

Check out and discuss my projects

SmashManiac

Thanks FlamePurge, but that Tomb Raider II randomizer is already on the list. ;)

### Added randomizers

- Broforce (Alex Neargarder's)
- Digimon World 2 (GlorySeeker & acemon33's)
- Final Fantasy II (Fast Food Tour Randomizer)
- Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem (Raddomizer)
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Toranix's)
- Mega Man 2 (Randomizer 2)
- Mega Man 7 (Endless / Rainbow Session Randomizer)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition / The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (ToxiRandomizer)
- The Sims 4 (NPC Skill Randomizer)

### Other changes

- Clarified the location of the Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga randomizer
- Added link to a partial source code of RainbowSprinklez's Donkey Kong randomizers
- Marked duckfist's Mega Man 2 randomizer as obsolete.

treos

please adjust the Digimon World 2 discord invite link please.

the current link asks you to create a new discord account instead of simply joining the server with your current account as it should.

i already have a discord account. i don't need to make another one to join a server.

also, that's yet another developer on the list of devs using discord to likely host their releases which shouldn't be done. -_-

edit: or maybe my mistake. i seem to have overlooked the "already have an account?" link on the page there.