News:

11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Main Menu

Final Fantasy IV - Ultima

Started by 8.bit.fan, August 17, 2018, 03:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGuyOverThere

Quote from: 8.bit.fan on June 24, 2022, 10:13:22 PM
I have not tried it. However, feel free to try it out and let us know the result!
No plans for that at the moment. :)
[/quote

It seems to work so far, but I'm only a short way in, so that could change.

I like using msu-1 if a game can support it and I like the soundtrack used - it makes the game stupid huge, but the atmosphere added by the music being real instead of a sequence of bleeps makes it worth it.

nanashi89

Any chance of adding a "Press and Hold B to Dash" feature in future revisions?

chillyfeez

Quote from: nanashi89 on July 16, 2022, 09:27:57 PMAny chance of adding a "Press and Hold B to Dash" feature in future revisions?
It has that already, except it's Y, not B.
Ongoing project: "Final Fantasy IV: A Threat From Within"

Latest Demo

RubyEyeShabranigdu

Hi!!!
No more "Revision in Title" patch!?  :(
(rev 18)
Every being is responsible for his own destiny!

8.bit.fan

Quote from: ThatGuyOverThere on June 25, 2022, 10:17:27 AM
Quote from: 8.bit.fan on June 24, 2022, 10:13:22 PMI have not tried it. However, feel free to try it out and let us know the result!
No plans for that at the moment. :)
[/quote

It seems to work so far, but I'm only a short way in, so that could change.

I like using msu-1 if a game can support it and I like the soundtrack used - it makes the game stupid huge, but the atmosphere added by the music being real instead of a sequence of bleeps makes it worth it.
Hi ThatGuyOverThere!

That's good to know. Thanks for letting us know!  :thumbsup:
Quote from: RubyEyeShabranigdu on July 28, 2022, 04:07:25 PMHi!!!
No more "Revision in Title" patch!?  :(
(rev 18)
Hi RubyEyeShabranigdu!

Sorry about that. I was in a hurry when I uploaded it. I'll update the download tonight to include the patch.

Cheers!! :thumbsup:  :beer:

8.bit.fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/
FF4 Ultima Discord: https://discord.gg/4MqjwJt

ThatGuyOverThere

Okay, just stop.

Just.

STOP.

You're updating the thing bi-weekly now, and you've been doing this sice 2018.

Find an end point and stick a cork in it already.

chillyfeez

Quote from: ThatGuyOverThere on September 19, 2022, 04:47:28 PMOkay, just stop.

Just.

STOP.

NO RETREAT! NO SURRENDER!

Latest Demo

Nintenja

Willy Wanka,"There is no way of knowing which direction we are going"

lexluthermiester

Quote from: ThatGuyOverThere on September 19, 2022, 04:47:28 PMOkay, just stop.

Just.

STOP.

I'm with you on this one. These endless refinements make me want to not play until they stop. And I'm losing interest in ever playing it again..

@8.bit.fan
Come on man, wrap up the remaining loose ends(if any) and call it a day. These endless updates are seriously irritating.

8.bit.fan

Fine fine. No more updates until further notice.  :thumbsup:
You can consider this the 'final' version for the time being. Cheers!!  :beer:

One caveat, if bugs are discovered, the team and I will need to fix those.

Vanya

Dang. That's a first.
Never seen a hack's fan base demand a stop to updates before. :)

chillyfeez

I don't understand the world anymore...

Latest Demo

Nintenja

Quote from: 8.bit.fan on September 23, 2022, 09:59:04 PMFine fine. No more updates until further notice.  :thumbsup:
You can consider this the 'final' version for the time being. Cheers!!  :beer:

One caveat, if bugs are discovered, the team and I will need to fix those.

Honestly..this project is incredible..the name is fitting..there are a lot of updates yes..but youve added in awesome stuff tho. If this is the final version for a bit maybe patch in msu1 compatibility to it? I kmow there is a merged patch already on zeldix for msu1 ff4 ultima.. https://www.zeldix.net/t2482-final-fantasy-iv-ultima?highlight=final+fantasy+iv. However seems like an older version as thr update is from july 3,2022.

8.bit.fan

Quote from: Vanya on September 23, 2022, 10:13:25 PMDang. That's a first.
:)
Quote from: chillyfeez on September 23, 2022, 11:13:05 PMI don't understand the world anymore...
;D
Quote from: Nintenja on September 24, 2022, 07:45:50 AMHonestly..this project is incredible..the name is fitting..there are a lot of updates yes..but youve added in awesome stuff tho. If this is the final version for a bit maybe patch in msu1 compatibility to it? I kmow there is a merged patch already on zeldix for msu1 ff4 ultima.. https://www.zeldix.net/t2482-final-fantasy-iv-ultima?highlight=final+fantasy+iv. However seems like an older version as thr update is from july 3,2022.
Hi Nintenja!
Thanks for the kind words! Interesting to know about the MSU1 patch. Perhaps they'll update it to be compatible with the latest revision? Hope it works out!  :thumbsup:

Cheers!! :beer:

8.bit.fan

Nintenja

Quote from: 8.bit.fan on September 24, 2022, 10:15:39 AM:) ;D Hi Nintenja!
Thanks for the kind words! Interesting to know about the MSU1 patch. Perhaps they'll update it to be compatible with the latest revision? Hope it works out!  :thumbsup:

Cheers!! :beer:

8.bit.fan

Thanks for the reply.
The asm should be available for it you guys would be interested in doing it,or no one else is able to do it. Conn is retiring, hes one of the msu1 og legends,, but maybe he might be willing to do it since this is closer to a final version? Or maybe brutapode is another guy who seems to do a lot of msu1 work.hes in these forums alot. I've also worked with msu1 as well with ffv-pixel freemaster (its up to v3.0)but this ff iv ultima project has a lot changes going on..lol..I can get you the .asm probably if you guys are interested for the msu1.. there is an amazing Pixel Remaster msu1 ost pack available.

lexluthermiester

Quote from: Vanya on September 23, 2022, 10:13:25 PMDang. That's a first.
Quote from: chillyfeez on September 23, 2022, 11:13:05 PMI don't understand the world anymore...
It's one thing to release fixes to solve existing problems, but it's another when a project is constantly making changes. It makes actually playing through a tedious affair.

Quote from: Nintenja on September 24, 2022, 07:45:50 AMHonestly..this project is incredible..the name is fitting..there are a lot of updates yes..but youve added in awesome stuff tho.
Agreed! Make no mistake, I love this project and the work 8.bit.fan and crew have done! However, I decided to shelve this one until the updates ended and is considered finished..

nanashi89

I think I'll just call it game over until the last update is here. And when I say "The Last," I mean "The Last."

BTW, any chance of implementing the "Infinite Arrows" patch that was recently released?

chillyfeez

Guys - they are all just bug fixes. There hasn't been a significant change since v2022 was released in May (or whenever), and there won't be one for quite a while. That's why everything has been "v2022 rev [something]." saves have been 100% compatible since rev 4, and the only incompatibility of revisions prior to that was related to a character being unable to learn a spell if you had progressed to a particular point before updating.

As has been previously stated, there's a lot going on in Ultima. We have an active discord community with a fair number of enthusiastic players and we regularly find bugs that need to be fixed. That's what all these revisions are. The most recent revision was pushed out because we found a bug in the vanilla HP regen code (the ability that originally belonged to FuSoYa but belongs to Rosa in Ultima). It was a bug that actually could not manifest in the vanilla game but was significant enough in Ultima that it warranted a patch to fix. It so happened that gedankenschild had been independently working on a 4bpp monster patch that finished right as 8-bit was about to release that patch, so it was packaged as an optional patch with the latest revision. But you can choose to update or not to update with all of these revisions and the overall experience will be largely the same.

Latest Demo

lexluthermiester

Quote from: chillyfeez on September 24, 2022, 11:15:52 PMGuys - they are all just bug fixes. There hasn't been a significant change since v2022 was released in May (or whenever), and there won't be one for quite a while. That's why everything has been "v2022 rev [something]." saves have been 100% compatible since rev 4, and the only incompatibility of revisions prior to that was related to a character being unable to learn a spell if you had progressed to a particular point before updating.

As has been previously stated, there's a lot going on in Ultima. We have an active discord community with a fair number of enthusiastic players and we regularly find bugs that need to be fixed. That's what all these revisions are. The most recent revision was pushed out because we found a bug in the vanilla HP regen code (the ability that originally belonged to FuSoYa but belongs to Rosa in Ultima). It was a bug that actually could not manifest in the vanilla game but was significant enough in Ultima that it warranted a patch to fix. It so happened that gedankenschild had been independently working on a 4bpp monster patch that finished right as 8-bit was about to release that patch, so it was packaged as an optional patch with the latest revision. But you can choose to update or not to update with all of these revisions and the overall experience will be largely the same.
Fair enough.

8.bit.fan

Quote from: Nintenja on September 24, 2022, 10:40:37 AMThanks for the reply.
The asm should be available for it you guys would be interested in doing it,or no one else is able to do it. Conn is retiring, hes one of the msu1 og legends,, but maybe he might be willing to do it since this is closer to a final version? Or maybe brutapode is another guy who seems to do a lot of msu1 work.hes in these forums alot. I've also worked with msu1 as well with ffv-pixel freemaster (its up to v3.0)but this ff iv ultima project has a lot changes going on..lol..I can get you the .asm probably if you guys are interested for the msu1.. there is an amazing Pixel Remaster msu1 ost pack available.
Hi Nintenja!

That sounds great! If you could email that to me that'd be awesome! The team and I will take a look  :thumbsup:
This is something that's been discussed among us so any info would be very helpful!

Thanks again and cheers!! :beer:
8.bit.fan
Quote from: nanashi89 on September 24, 2022, 10:43:38 PMI think I'll just call it game over until the last update is here. And when I say "The Last," I mean "The Last."

BTW, any chance of implementing the "Infinite Arrows" patch that was recently released?
Hi nanashi89!

The Infinite Arrows patch should be compatible. Feel free to try it out and let us know!

Cheers! :beer:
8.bit.fan