(1 to 10) of 14 Results
IPS Peek Version 0.6.0 Released
12 February 2015 11:19PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS patch analysis tool, has been updated to version 0.6.0.
This is really the last version that requires downloading a zip in order to update. From now on, notifications of new versions will be shown from within the application. Automatic updating is also now supported.
The bug that existed in version 0.5.0 causing patch report exporting to fail has also been fixed.
- Fixed exporting regression.
- Changed configuration to use JSON.
- Added application updating support.
IPS Peek Version 0.5.0 Released
23 November 2014 11:51PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS patch analysis tool, has been updated to version 0.5.0.
This version adds the following new features:
- Selective patching of a target ROM: this allows patch records to be enabled or disabled when a target ROM file is loaded. The changes are reflected in the Data View’s hex viewer in real time.
- Emulator launching (with selected patch records): this allows you to test a ROM with the selected patch records.
Other minor changes are included (view the “CHANGES.txt” file for more).
LiteIPS v0.1.0.4 Beta: Command-Line IPS Patcher
27 July 2014 4:47AM EST - Update by vectorman
The first beta release of LiteIPS is now available. LiteIPS is a lightweight command-line IPS (International Patching System) patcher for Windows, Linux and Mac.
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5/Mono 2.10.9.
- File patching.
- Patching to a copy of a file (so that the original is not modified.)
- Patching using an IPS patch located online.
- If patching fails with an error, then no files will be modified.
- Single application that runs on all major operating systems.
- Small application file size.
IPS Peek Version 0.4.0 Released
27 June 2014 5:40PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS (International Patching System) patch viewer, has been updated to version 0.4.0. This is the most significant update IPS Peek has received since it was originally introduced.
The following notable features have been added (among others):
- File linking (with patched file difference highlighting): open a patch as normal, then click the “Link File” icon in the “Data View” toolbar to link a file. This will enable a special mode, where the patched data is applied to the linked file and highlighted (color-coded) data changes are shown. In this mode, yellow highlights indicate new data applied by a patch record. Red highlights signify when the patch record expands the ROM before writing (if you see red, then something may be wrong with the compatibility of the patch and the file.) Gray highlights represent data that is cut off by the Lunar IPS truncate extension (CHS). Clicking a patch record in the list will jump to and select the corresponding patched data.
- IPS Peek now supports two layouts: vertical or horizontal (available in the “View” menu.)
- IPS Peek can now be used as a basic hex viewer for any file.
See the full changelog included with IPS Peek (CHANGES.txt) for a more detailed list of changes. Look out for more great stuff coming in the future!
IPS Peek Version 0.3.0 Released
01 May 2014 11:18PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS (International Patching System) patch viewer, has been updated to version 0.3.0.
This version focuses on improving the Data View features. You will now find a Data View toolbar that contains standard hex editing features such as the following:
- Goto Offset
- Select All
- Copy/Copy Hex
- Find/Find Next/Find Previous
See the changelog for information on other minor changes.
This is just the beginning of many new features coming in the future. Keep a lookout for updates.
IPS Peek Version 0.2.0
06 April 2014 7:37PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS (International Patching System) patch viewer, has been updated to version 0.2.0.
This version adds some nice new features such as:
- ‘Modified’ appears in status bar.
- Added ‘Go To Row’ and ‘Copy Row’ menu items.
- Added ‘Size (Hex)’, ‘#’ (row number) and ‘IPS Size (Hex)’ columns.
- ‘Size’ and ‘IPS Size’ columns now display in decimal.
- Columns can be reordered and hidden (by right clicking the column headers.)
- Exporting only exports visible columns.
- Export file format improved.
- ‘Data View’ bytes are no longer fixed to 16 per row.
- ‘Data View’ height is no longer fixed when window is resized.
- ‘Data View’ contains line and column information.
This is just the start of several new releases in the coming months, so keep a look out for updates.
IPS Info 0.1.0.0 (Beta) Released
15 March 2014 10:38PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Info 0.1.0.0 (beta) is now available.
IPS Info is a command line utility that lists IPS (International Patching System) patch records and other patch information. It shows elements of an IPS patch such as: offset, patch type, patch size, resize information (for Lunar IPS patches), and more!
IPS Info is essentially the export portion of IPS Peek, contained in a small, easy to use application.
IPS Info runs on Windows, Linux and Mac (with Mono or .NET).
IPS Peek 0.1.0.0 (Beta) Released
07 February 2014 6:19PM EST - Update by vectorman
The first release (version 0.1.0.0 beta) of IPS Peek is ready for download. IPS Peek is a tool used to look inside of IPS (International Patching System) patches.
- Shows patch records, record sizes, offsets and more!
- Shows Lunar IPS truncate extension (CHS).
- Shows data (in a hex view) written by a patch record.
- Shows total size of all modified data.
- Allows exporting of patch information to a text file for later use.
- Filtering support.
IPS Peek is currently in beta, so any feedback or suggestions are welcome.
SBWin 3.2.0 Released
08 December 2013 11:50AM EST - Update by vectorman
SBWin, the SEGA Genesis ROM converter for Windows, has been updated to version 3.2.0.
This new version contains a number of changes and bug fixes. Here is partial list of what’s new:
- Zip compression bugs fixed
- The conversion setting is now selected using radio buttons instead of a combo box
- Fixed issue where some MGD files could not be added
- Combined compression was removed due to a design decision (but individual compression is still included)
- Some menu options were renamed or removed to make the interface a bit cleaner.
More changes are coming in the future (including an eventual rewrite of the application).
SBWin 3 RC1 Released
09 April 2011 2:03AM EST - Update by vectorman
The first release candidate of SBWin 3.0, the SEGA Genesis (Megadrive) ROM conversion utility, has been released. This version will probably be the last before version 3.0 stable. The following features were added:
- Options screen (various options can be turned on or off)
- Path column for conversion queue
- Settings are stored in a configuration file
- Scheduled update checking
Along with these new features, every issue found in the previous release has been fixed. Please report any issues you may find with SBWin on the official bug tracker here: http://projects.codeisle.com/smd-bin-win (click ‘New Ticket’).
Grab a copy now on the RHDN Project Page or at my download section here: http://www.codeisle.com/downloads/?did=6