(1 to 7) of 7 Results
Super Mario Bros. 3: The Forgotten Worlds for FDS
29 June 2020 1:11PM EST - Update by szemigi
After 3-month development Super Mario Bros 3.: The Forgotten Worlds has now been released as a Famicom Disk System hack as well! In case somebody doesn’t know it yet, it is an unofficial expansion pack and sequel to Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels including a new character called Kevin (who is Mario’s and Luigi’s dream brother), 9 brand new worlds, new (and 1-2 resurrected) graphics, and many other features never seen in the previous two Super Mario Bros. games.
Big thanks to 4matsy for helping and code supplying, thanks to doppelganger for the SMB2J disassembly! And thanks for Szemigi for his enthusiastic effort that has been put into the project.
Also, this would be the first SMB2J hack that was created with doppelganer’s SMB2J disassembly.
Super Mario Bros. NES - PAL Revision B (unofficial) has finally come
23 March 2019 2:13AM EST - Update by szemigi
Finally, Super Mario Bros. NES european Revision A now receives an unofficial revision, which is called Revision B. This revision contains further bugfixes, improvements, and a few differences. Here they are:
- The Lakitu now throws the Spiny Egg correctly.
- Mario and Luigi have separated fire color palette.
- Except Bowser and the mountain graphic, all the green-colored enemies/items/graphics have darker green color.
- After having more than 9 lives, the counter shows the actual hexadecimal values.
- The edge of the cloud/bush is now fully filled with black line.
- Between ‘THANK YOU’ and ‘MARIO!’ (or ‘LUIGI!’) there is now a comma.
- The exclamation mark and the dot has been resized.
- The original game over music is now replaced with the unused alternative one.
- The musics and the sounds have their original speed again.
- The coin’s sound is different.
- The coin’s counter has 3 digits.
- The “x” graphic at the coin counter has been moved up a little bit.
Thanks for Eden GT for his techincal helps. Thanks for 4matsy for the ASM code that separated Mario’s and Luigi’s fire color palette. Thanks for doppelganger for disassembling SMB NES. Thanks for MrWint for disassembling the PAL version. Thanks for SpiderDave for converting the source code.
What else to say? Enjoy!
Mario's and Luigi's lost brother has arrived
25 February 2019 7:30AM EST - Update by szemigi
Finally, Super Kevin is here!
Kevin (or Super Kevin) is the lost brother of Mario and Luigi. He was once Bowser’s hostage in the castle for many years, but thanks to his special fireball, he has managed to escape from the clutches of the King Koopa. Now it’s time to take revenge!
Features of his abilities:
- jump rise rate: same as Luigi
- jump fall rate: same as Mario
- double fireball shooting at once (during ducking as well; moreover, hold the fireball -shooting button down to keep shooting at a normal rate without having to release the button)
- bounce off of enemies: twice bigger
- skidding: same as Mario
He is compared to SMB2J and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe!
Kevin created by Szemigi and “2x fireball” hack created by teeporage777
'Mortal Kombat 2' NES
18 February 2019 7:04AM EST - Update by szemigi
Here’s Mortal Kombat 2, which recreates the original environment of the home console version(s) of MK2 in a form of a NES hack.
- original palettes for the game
- MK dragon symbol instead of the dot in the top-left/top-right corner of the screen (after winning a round)
- Goro is changed to Kintaro (NOTE: Due to space limits, “KINTARO” has been squished. Thus, Shao Kahn’s name, “SHAO KAHN” has been squished as well to fit the two bosses together.)
- “DIVFICULTY” is now “DIFFICULTY”
And not least, credit goes to RealGaea, who has created the original hack: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4071/
Kaettekita Luigi Bros.
12 February 2019 8:02AM EST - Update by szemigi
*** LUIGI BROS. RETURNED! ***
From now, this unlockable minigame from Super Mario 3D World is available as a Famicom Disk System hack, too! Just like in the original minigame, both characters are Luigi: P1 is the modern Luigi (replacing Mario) and P2 is the original Luigi. In favour of him, there are little changes on the short cut-scene advertisements as well.
Super Mario Bros. 3: The Forgotten Worlds PAL
03 August 2017 9:51PM EST - Update by szemigi
Greetings again, everybody!
Super Mario Bros. 3: The Forgotten Worlds is now available in 10 languages: English, Hungarian, German, French, Finnish, Estonian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Italian. The poster has also been updated as well.
NOTE: Extremely sorry for making any grammar mistakes in any languages. Those are mostly due to the less text spaces.
Super Mario Bros. 3: The Forgotten Worlds has completely been fixed
10 July 2017 7:49AM EST - Update by szemigi
Super Mario Bros. 3: The Forgotten Worlds is now 100% tested and fixed. As a bonus, a poster has been attached, where you can read the fully worked out and improved plot.
As for those, who has downloaded and played this game, once again, sorry for having 4 worlds in the game. The SMB2J clone hack patch allowed only 4 worlds regularly and the idea/plan was 4 worlds originally, too.