(1 to 10) of 37 Results
Submission Reviewers Needed
28 May 2019 11:53AM EST - Update by ROMhacking.net Staff
ROMhacking.net is looking to recruit new volunteer Submission Reviewer staff members. The ideal candidate will have an established submission history and familiarity with site submission forms, policies, and practices. Submission Reviewers are responsible for handling up to several hundred submissions per month, so candidates must also have adequate time to devote and visit the site daily whenever possible. Submission Reviewers also answer Contact Staff inquiries, participate in staff discussion, and help shape the future of the site!
Anyone interested in the job and making a difference should respond via the Contact Staff Form.
TransCorp Releases 'Angelic' Tenshi No Uta English Translation!
14 October 2018 12:33PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
Rejoice once more! News has come from Nightcrawler’s Translation Corporation! The Song of the Angel English translation has been released! This is a milestone in the fan translation community as it is the first introduction of the Tenshi No Uta series to English audiences. Fans of Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean will be happy to know the game shares many of the same developers known as the ‘Wolf Team’, as well as sharing the main musical composer too! As a result, Song of the Angel is a very charming game with a great soundtrack. The atmosphere will certainly feel familiar.
Nightcrawler made every effort to ensure the hacking work is amongst the best seen on the SNES platform. Nearly everything was expanded and proportional font deployed throughout all dialog and menus. The result ensures the dialog was uncompromised, and menus are up to standards set on future generation consoles. As an added bonus, a number of original game bugs were fixed too! Liana of Metal Max Returns fame did the translation work. So, you can expect to experience a well written translation to convey the aforementioned charm of the original game.
For those not familiar with the game, Song of the Angel is a love story at its core. It blends together a tale of love, angels, demons, and even Satan himself! Gameplay is typical 1994 RPG fare with the addition of a Parley negotiation system. You’ll meet a wide cast of characters including old friends, new friends, a tyrannical count, a soothsayer, and more. You will walk, teleport, sail, and fly by the time your adventure concludes.
Some further details are available in the readme file for those of you interested in more about the project and game. For the rest of you in a hurry to get things done, go start playing!
Help Save ROMhacking.net and Data Crystal
29 July 2017 11:06AM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
We are at the end of the line and we need your help! We are out of funds and have no source of income. Yet, you ask us to keep going, keep providing new features, keep maintaining your favorite themes, keep processing submissions, and keep your home here updated and functional year after year. All of this as the site grows larger every single day! We can’t do this without you. Help us help YOU! We’ve set up a Patreon with more details below. Please give it a look for the benefit of all. Recent forum changes are of course related to Patreon tiers.
Secondly, thanks for all of your feedback on RHDN 3.0. We’ve heard you, and we know what we have to do to fix it. Going forward we will outsource site design and layout to the professionals. There are no designers on staff, nor any community volunteers. We have done our best to get by for free, but that has not been enough. To fund this (if Patreon does not work out exceptionally well), our primary task will be finding sponsors for the site (appropriate Patreon tiers would be exempt from advertising). If you have any recommendations for your favorite design firm, or web consultant, please contact the staff! Also, if you have recommendations for sponsors that you think would be a good fit (or if you happen to be a sponsor yourself), contact us!
RHDN 3.0 Site Refresh Launched!
23 June 2017 6:06PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
ROMhacking.net has refreshed its look for the modern age! Our new theme (RHDN Boss) and layout focuses on two fronts. First, we have provided mobile and tablet friendly viewing with a new responsive design. This new design covers both site and forum. We’ve moved to HTML5/CSS3 with jQuery which will allow us to make many further enhancements going forward such as enhancing our forms, adding AJAX capabilities, search as you type, and more.
The second focus of the refresh was increasing the visibility of the many great works in our database. We have added several new widgets to enhance visibility of new material, as well as existing material. Visibility will also see a boost with our entry into social media. We have added tweet and share buttons to all of our entry pages to get the word out on your favorite works. We are currently considering additional solutions to further increase visibility internally such as RHDN likes, favorites, or recommendations.
Follow Us On Social Media:
- Official Twitter: @romhackingnet
- Official Facebook: Romhacking.net
- Official Discord Chat: Chat with us on Discord
This has been a year of infrastructure improvements for the future and our front-end was not left out. More great things are yet to come!
TransCorp versus Heracles Results in Glorious English Translation!
26 December 2016 8:44PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
Rejoice! The news from Nightcrawler’s Translation Corporation is in! The Glory of Heracles IV: Gift from the Gods English translation has been released! This is a milestone in the fan translation community as it completes the last entry in the Glory of Heracles series. The entire series is now available in English for your enjoyment! Fans of Glory of Heracles III will be happy to know that nansahi also did the translation for the fourth game too! So, you can expect established styles and conventions to carry over. It is a rare treat to be able to do this for multiple fan translated games in the same series.
The bar is set high these days and Nightcrawler made every effort to ensure the hacking work met every expectation, and hopefully even raised the bar higher yet in some areas. ‘Making the impossible possible’ was a mantra often used during several trials of the project. The over 200 possible submenus that needed translation and adjustments that you can access in-game will surely attest to that!
For those not familiar with the game, Glory of Heracles IV is a blend of Greek mythology, the story of Pandora’s Box, and the quest for eternal life. Although Heracles is in the title of the game, he is not the principle character. The game is actually the story about some other characters, with Heracles as a secondary intertwined quest. Although it shares some Dragon Quest similarities, this is not a Dragon Quest clone. The gameplay and story are head and shoulders beyond what you’d find in a Dragon Quest game.
Some further details are available in the readme file for those of you interested in a second helping of project and game details. For the rest of you in a hurry to get things done, on to playing!
RHDN 2.6 - Homebrew, Scratchpad, Enhancements, and More!
05 June 2014 10:12PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
Good news is upon us! RHDN has been gifted with an upgrade bringing new sections, features, and goodies!
We have opened a new Homebrew section dedicated to archiving all your homebrew games, tech demos, and hardware tests. Nowhere else on the net can bring together a central repository for all types of homebrew, across all platforms, like RHDN can! Add your favorite homebrew (if available for distribution) or share your own creations with all! Emulator authors and ROM hackers alike will benefit!
Making submissions to RHDN just got easier! We have launched The Scratchpad, our own file hosting service for exclusive use on RHDN submissions. No longer do you need dropbox, imageshack, or other hosting service to submit files if you don’t have web space of your own. Now, go make those submissions you’ve been holding back on!
We’ve also added submission history pages to each entry, including removed items! No longer do you need to question what happened to certain entries. In case that isn’t enough, we also have an advanced submission search so you can stay up to date with all that has been changing at RHDN.
The full list includes:
- Homebrew Section (Sections - Homebrew)
- The Scratchpad (Submissions - The Scratchpad)
- Enhanced image browsing for Hacks, Translation, and Homebrew entries.
- Item History Pages (Click last modified date on entry page.)
- Advanced Submission Search (Changes - Advanced Search)
- New public maintenance options including invalid screenshot resolutions
- Higher Resolution News Images supported.
- HTTPS file URL link support
- Random Images added to RHDNBot reports
Lastly, as a reminder to those who may not know, the site is accepting materials in all sections for:
- Xbox 360
New Hacks Added to the Database
13 February 2014 9:04PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Final Fantasy V - Legend of the Crystals (Addendum)(Final Fantasy V)(SNES)
- Rockman 4 - Rase Fail of Wily (Complete)(Mega Man IV)(NES)
- Rockman 5 - Darkness of Shaow World (Complete)(Mega Man V)(NES)
- Rockman 5 - Dood in Gate (Complete)(Mega Man V)(NES)
- Rockman 5 - Haze Stars (Complete)(Mega Man V)(NES)
- Rockman 5 - Killer to Hell (Complete)(Mega Man V)(NES)
- Wet Dream - TROM’s Edition (Complete)(Super Metroid)(SNES)
- Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: All monsters (Improvement)(Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi’s Journey)(GB)
- Rockman III - KBON (Complete)(Mega Man III)(NES)
- FInal Fantasy IX ATB Gauge SpeedUp (Improvement)(Final Fantasy IX)(PSX)
- Final Fantasy III coop 2 player hack (Improvement)(Final Fantasy III)(NES)
- Cantina Shootout (Improvement)(Gauntlet II)(NES)
- Superman (Improvement)(Sunman)(NES)
- Spiderman 2 (Improvement)(Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom)(NES)
- Rockman 6 - Skype (Complete)(Mega Man VI)(NES)
- Mega Man VI - Showdown (Complete)(Mega Man VI)(NES)
- Van-1 (Improvement)(TwinBee)(NES)
- Sochi 2014 (Complete)(Blades of Steel)(NES)
- Bomber City (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Tank Duel (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Tank Duel 2 (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Trauma Center Under the Knife 2 Wii Controls Hack (Improvement)(Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2)(NDS)
- Protoman - The New Adventures (Complete)(Mega Man)(NES)
- Arkanoid 11 (Complete)(Arkanoid)(NES)
- Taan Hak Fung Wan King Tank (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Back From The Source (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Battle City - New Years Edition (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Sea War 2000 (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Smile Rage (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Battle City by GhostDog (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Future Tank (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Spider Wars (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- China 2008 (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Battle City Extreme (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Battle City Mirrored (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Random City (Complete)(Battle City)(NES)
- Mortal Kombat Revelations (Complete)(Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3)(GEN)
- Super Mario Kart - Metakarting (Complete)(Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Double Dragon II Controller Fix (Improvement)(Double Dragon II: The Revenge)(NES)
- Hunt (Complete)(Duck Hunt)(NES)
- Shoot Out (Complete)(Duck Hunt)(NES)
- Shoot UFO (Complete)(Duck Hunt)(NES)
- Snowfield Shoot (Complete)(Duck Hunt)(NES)
- Space 2050 (Complete)(Duck Hunt)(NES)
- Surprise (Complete)(Duck Hunt)(NES)
- Rad Skiing (Complete)(Rad Racer)(NES)
- Risker (Improvement)(Excitebike)(NES)
- Rush’n Attack - 2008 Edition (Complete)(Rush’n Attack)(NES)
- Nintendo Vs. Capcom (Complete)(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game)(NES)
- Surface Fire (Improvement)(Millipede)(NES)
- Dark Sound The Hedgehog (Complete)(Sonic the Hedgehog)(GEN)
- ChimpoQ! (Complete)(Sonic the Hedgehog)(GEN)
- New New New New Mario Bros (Improvement)(Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Roge Brer (Improvement)(Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Zero Tolerance - Snake (Complete)(Zero Tolerance)(GEN)
- Zero Tolerance - Labyrinth Death (Complete)(Zero Tolerance)(GEN)
- Beyond Zero Tolerance - Zero Tolerance Levels 1.1 (Complete)(Zero Tolerance - Beyond Zero Tolerance)(GEN)
- Sonic With Fries (Complete)(Sonic the Hedgehog)(GEN)
- Turtle Soup Mod (Complete)(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game)(NES)
- Easy Weapons Change Hack (Improvement)(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project)(NES)
- Hellfire (Spoof)(Batman)(NES)
- Silk 2 (Spoof)(Silkworm)(NES)
- Bicycle Race (Complete)(F-1 Race)(NES)
- Hassle (Improvement)(Front Line)(NES)
- Boat-Race (Complete)(F-1 Race)(NES)
- New Zebes (Complete)(Super Metroid)(SNES)
- Dinosaur Bale (Complete)(Hogan’s Alley)(NES)
- Forest Guard (Complete)(Hogan’s Alley)(NES)
- Rapid Gunnery (Complete)(Hogan’s Alley)(NES)
- Shooter (Complete)(Hogan’s Alley)(NES)
- Cobra Of The Sky (Complete)(Raid on Bungeling Bay)(NES)
- Road Fighter - Boat Race (Complete)(Road Fighter)(NES)
- Even Gauge (Improvement)(Final Fantasy VI)(SNES)
RHDN Pro and Jazzy Themes
25 January 2013 10:45AM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
After quite a few years, ROMhacking.net has gotten a fresh new default layout and theme!
It aims to balance the following:
- Create a more professional, modernized look for our site.
- Improve visibility of features, functionality, and useability.
- Retain some of the character of the existing site that made RHDN unique.
- Revised layout to be ready for intended future features and additions.
Features of Note:
- Brand new design for all sectional sub-pages.
- Horizontal site navigation drop-down menu.
- Refreshed look of every page on the site to some degree varying from minor to major.
- New forum template and theme (All SMF 2.0 features now work)
- Improved site maintenance buttons over the old links
We are also pleased to release a second new site theme dubbed ‘Jazzy’. This theme was designed by forum member Jazz and later finished off by myself. It’s very dark, slick, and a number of our staff enjoy it. Be sure to give it a try, it just might be for you!
- As a result of these underlying changes, your theme settings have been reset.
- Please manually refresh or clear your cache for all changes to take effect.
- Most old themes remain as they were.
- Old theme fogel (Blue Gradient w/Dragons) has been removed.
- Old theme ‘RPGd Site Tribute’ has been removed.
Lucky Number 7
24 December 2012 6:05PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
RHDN is now 7 years old! The milestones continue to pile up:
- Over 50 million unique visits
- Near 11,000 community submissions
- 500+ documents
- 800+ utilities
- 900+ Hacks
- 1000 complete translations
We’re home to the largest and most talented global group of ROM hackers ever assembled! We have had representation on our forums from over 30 different countries! It’s hard for one place to contain all that intellect and not explode! I’m glad we haven’t, because the collective international talent here is by far our greatest strength. It’s unmatched anywhere else.
We’ve re-shaped ourselves over the past two years or so and grown into a more mature and stable community compared to some of our earlier days. I’m very happy with the site today and am proud to have created and grown the site into what it has become. I could not have done it without the help and contributions from all of our staff and community members. RHDN is a ship. Like any ship, it needs a well oiled crew to navigate the wild seas. Thanks goes out to all our RHDN sailors whom have helped me steer this ship straight and true to where we are today. Give yourselves a hand. Well done! *applauds*
Site development efforts this year were focused heavily on improving the user interface and quality of submissions. A new form engine, more uniform layouts, rewritten guidelines, improved validation, and inline errors have gone a long way in simplifying the submission (and approval) process. As a result, we have seen a marked improvement in the quality of output from from both staff and members. We also deployed a new caching engine that has continued to keep the site speedy and light on resources. We are always looking for ways to ‘do more with less’ to keep costs down. We will continue to improve as time allows in year 8. Some possibilities include AJAX search results, enhanced entry pages, in-line error improvements, and site layout changes. Time is our only limit.
Does it get any better than this? You bet it does! We continue to grow daily and become even more valuable as the greatest ROM hacking resource on the planet. Cheers to another great year!
Announcement: Credit List
19 June 2012 4:54PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
Today we’re making an announcement about a new Credit List feature we deployed recently on the site. It has been several years in the making. It was originally an idea from Satsu on how to better facilitate proper crediting of people in our database. There were many technical hurdles to overcome at the time. Allowing multiple author selection was a good stop-gap solution over nothing, but it still fell very short.
Let’s say Aeon Genesis just released a new translation. That’s great, but just who was under that umbrella for this release? Who did the stellar job translating that script? Who did the programming? What about that guy who made that custom decompressor utility? There are many important people involved in our hacking projects that deserve formal community recognition. Simply cramming all those names in the author list is not an elegant solution at all.
A credit list is not a difficult concept, but it can be very difficult to try to shoehorn into a database with roots dating back many years, containing a haphazard mix of people and groups, and entries assigned in various different ways. How do you do this without having to reset all entries, or lose all of our existing valuable associations? It was not an easy question and it took a long time to implement a viable solution.
We finally came up with something that works after some additional input from Spinner 8. All existing data and associations are preserved, and we have added the ability to properly fix and credit any entries going forward. Both old and corrected entries will operate. It is unlikely that all old entries will ever be corrected, so it is imperative that both old and new work.
The current ‘Author’ field for hacks and translations will be used as the ‘Released By’ field in all entry and search pages. In the case of a group project, only the group name should go here. All people belonging to a group for that project shall go to the Credit List. In the case of an individual project, only the primary individual/s to be credited for the release belong. All others involved should be added to the new Credit List attached to the entry. Additional information can be found on the Credit List submission page, and you may see the following examples for reference: