(1631 to 1640) of 1679 Results
18 January 2006 5:09PM EST - Update by creaothceann
vSNES 2.51 has been released. Changes:
- GUI: added some cartridge buttons to the main window
- SRC: changed SceneViewer updating from “brute-force” to “structured”
- SRC: changed rendering engine to use normal rendering for H-512 mode
- SRC: (hopefully) fixed some file link issues of the main window menus
- SRC: fixed stupid oversight in HDMA direction detection
Breath of Fire II - enhancement patch/translation progress
18 January 2006 5:11PM EST - Update by FloBo
D4S updated his blog about his enhancement/(re-)translation patch for Breath of Fire II recently.
Whilst the complete script has been translated into german tongue, about one third of script polishing of the german translation has been done up to now.
About the english retranslation of the script: PKGingo, the guy who works over the english script, reported that he’s about 85% through it!!! If that’s no nice news^^
For further information, feedback, etc. go to http://bof2.blogspot.com/!
Newbie ROMhacking Tutorial
19 January 2006 9:30PM EST - Update by Aeris130
This is little project I’ve been working on for some time (well, not that long…). It’s more or less an online tutorial regarding the basics in romhacking.
But unlike most tutorials, this one was written for noobs (not newbies, there’s a difference), with the purpose of providing an option for those who simply can’t make heads or tails out of the many docs that one usually refers to when someone asks how to edit text etc. An example would be the hexedit chapter, using images and nearly 800 words just to describe how to edit the hexadecimal “25″ to “35″.
I don’t know if it’ll be of any use or not, but I’ve had it in the back of my head ever since I started romhacking myself. Enjoy.
This is a nice site. I have contacted the author of this site and we have made this site our first official affiliate.
I’d like to take this opportunity to remind everybody that we also have a ‘Getting Started’ section right here on ROMhacking.net aimed at the exact same purpose. We’re trying our best to teach the newest of new and prepare them to be able to utilize all of the main documents in our archive.
So, take a look and remember to voice your suggestions, willingness to contribute, or your opinion on our message board.
Between our two sites, if you don’t learn anything, perhaps you need a new hobby! )
Akazukin Cha Cha translation is Back on Track
17 January 2006 10:03AM EST - Update by Ender
I’ve started working on Akazukin Cha Cha again, and the project should be flowing smoothly soon. We’ll keep you updated on the progress.
CTj Retranslation Begins
17 January 2006 10:02AM EST - Update by Zeality
After spending several months working on extracting the Japanese script, JLukas successfully ripped it in January. It’s been released here and is organized by the text box listings in the game. Accordingly, the Compendium’s started its own CT Japanese Retranslation project to present a clearer version of the game (without NOA’s censoring or the occasionally flubs in the official translation) to fans. Right now, it has about 6 regular volunteers for translating, and more fans with a good skill in Japanese are encouraged to assist (here). After it is complete, a special edition ROM hack may be made with the new retranslation and some other new features, such as the Coliseum or areas from the Prerelease.
Funk the 9 Ball complete patch
14 January 2006 4:37PM EST - Update by Philip Reuben
I finished translating Funk the 9 Ball, a GBC game about billiards. Patch version 1.00 is available at my site (see the link below). In short, all the text that wasn’t translated in the last version (mainly the item and Tamappii descriptions) now is, and I have gone through all the other text in the game and improved accuracy and clarity where appropriate.
This marks PR Translations’ first completed project. (And it only took me about 5 years or so =)
13 January 2006 7:21AM EST - Update by creaothceann
vSNES version 2.5 is finished!
- GUI: new HexEditor code and interface
- GUI: added decoder option to MemViewer for displaying EXTBG colors correctly
- GUI: added code to make use of the “brightness info” checkbox in SceneViewer
- GUI: added custom drawing code to the menus in the main window
- GUI: changed behavior of the buttons in the “screen configuration” box slightly
- GUI: changed the checkboxes in options to be checked by default
- GUI: changed format of the SceneViewer’s “info” page a bit
- GUI: changed all “fixed color” references to “color constant”
- GUI: changed CartViewer’s minimum height back to 464 pixels
- GUI: removed the need to restore the main window to obtain its position and size
- SRC: massive restructuring to make the program parts less interconnected
- SRC: rewrote the HDMA code according to the latest docs
- SRC: added a new internal messaging system
- SRC: rewrote the ListEditor code, and changed the GUI slightly
- SRC: changed format of the “type” column in SNES.txt
- SRC: replaced default INI solution with my own INI code no more delay on some systems
- SRC: added workaround for what seems to be zLib’s inability to handle long filenames
There might be still some problems with file references in that case just edit vSNES.ini to remove them manually.
You can download the executable or source from ROM Hacking dot net database, or from the link below.
SMB3 Map Editor BETA Release
11 January 2006 10:31AM EST - Update by Beneficii
Here is the official release of the BETA version, succeeding the ALPHA version, of the SMB3 Map Editor. You can now press Escape to change the font and you can now preview the Start Spaces and Pipes by pressing Backspace.
Comeback Courtroom 3 deliciousness
08 January 2006 7:19PM EST - Update by Dais
A wonderful, wonderful man name Broco has released a “demo” translation for Comeback Courtroom 3 (nÃ©e Gyakuten Saiban), the third GBA game in that series that is more well known in the US thanks to Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and why everyone on the internet was screaming “OBJECTION!” in the middle of otherwise bearable conversations.
While this is the third game in the series, this patch covers through the first chapter, which takes place -before- any previous game. So, not a lot of spoilers. Well, some, but not for game #2. Anyway, Broco is awesome!
Delightful sexual tension visually captured by Persona-sama.
Grab it here.
Cross Hermit Translation Project
08 January 2006 9:28PM EST - Update by chrrox
This is a website for the translation of the SRPG Cross Hermit. The author is currently looking for any translators interested in joining the project. The first patch was released yesterday.
Available here as well.