(1 to 6) of 6 Results
IPS Peek Version 0.6.0 Released
12 February 2015 11:19PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS patch analysis tool, has been updated to version 0.6.0.
This is really the last version that requires downloading a zip in order to update. From now on, notifications of new versions will be shown from within the application. Automatic updating is also now supported.
The bug that existed in version 0.5.0 causing patch report exporting to fail has also been fixed.
- Fixed exporting regression.
- Changed configuration to use JSON.
- Added application updating support.
IPS Peek Version 0.5.0 Released
23 November 2014 11:51PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS patch analysis tool, has been updated to version 0.5.0.
This version adds the following new features:
- Selective patching of a target ROM: this allows patch records to be enabled or disabled when a target ROM file is loaded. The changes are reflected in the Data View’s hex viewer in real time.
- Emulator launching (with selected patch records): this allows you to test a ROM with the selected patch records.
Other minor changes are included (view the “CHANGES.txt” file for more).
IPS Peek Version 0.4.0 Released
27 June 2014 5:40PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS (International Patching System) patch viewer, has been updated to version 0.4.0. This is the most significant update IPS Peek has received since it was originally introduced.
The following notable features have been added (among others):
- File linking (with patched file difference highlighting): open a patch as normal, then click the “Link File” icon in the “Data View” toolbar to link a file. This will enable a special mode, where the patched data is applied to the linked file and highlighted (color-coded) data changes are shown. In this mode, yellow highlights indicate new data applied by a patch record. Red highlights signify when the patch record expands the ROM before writing (if you see red, then something may be wrong with the compatibility of the patch and the file.) Gray highlights represent data that is cut off by the Lunar IPS truncate extension (CHS). Clicking a patch record in the list will jump to and select the corresponding patched data.
- IPS Peek now supports two layouts: vertical or horizontal (available in the “View” menu.)
- IPS Peek can now be used as a basic hex viewer for any file.
See the full changelog included with IPS Peek (CHANGES.txt) for a more detailed list of changes. Look out for more great stuff coming in the future!
IPS Peek Version 0.3.0 Released
01 May 2014 11:18PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS (International Patching System) patch viewer, has been updated to version 0.3.0.
This version focuses on improving the Data View features. You will now find a Data View toolbar that contains standard hex editing features such as the following:
- Goto Offset
- Select All
- Copy/Copy Hex
- Find/Find Next/Find Previous
See the changelog for information on other minor changes.
This is just the beginning of many new features coming in the future. Keep a lookout for updates.
IPS Peek Version 0.2.0
06 April 2014 7:37PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS (International Patching System) patch viewer, has been updated to version 0.2.0.
This version adds some nice new features such as:
- ‘Modified’ appears in status bar.
- Added ‘Go To Row’ and ‘Copy Row’ menu items.
- Added ‘Size (Hex)’, ‘#’ (row number) and ‘IPS Size (Hex)’ columns.
- ‘Size’ and ‘IPS Size’ columns now display in decimal.
- Columns can be reordered and hidden (by right clicking the column headers.)
- Exporting only exports visible columns.
- Export file format improved.
- ‘Data View’ bytes are no longer fixed to 16 per row.
- ‘Data View’ height is no longer fixed when window is resized.
- ‘Data View’ contains line and column information.
This is just the start of several new releases in the coming months, so keep a look out for updates.
IPS Peek 0.1.0.0 (Beta) Released
07 February 2014 6:19PM EST - Update by vectorman
The first release (version 0.1.0.0 beta) of IPS Peek is ready for download. IPS Peek is a tool used to look inside of IPS (International Patching System) patches.
- Shows patch records, record sizes, offsets and more!
- Shows Lunar IPS truncate extension (CHS).
- Shows data (in a hex view) written by a patch record.
- Shows total size of all modified data.
- Allows exporting of patch information to a text file for later use.
- Filtering support.
IPS Peek is currently in beta, so any feedback or suggestions are welcome.