The Definitive 16-bit NBA Jam is Here!
09 January 2021 12:17PM EST - Update by eskayelle
ALL. 30. NBA. TEAMS. No “Others” mash-ups. Backed by the Mattrizzle Player Engine, v2.0 of NBA Jam 2K21 TE not only provides access to each of the 30 NBA teams but unlockable All-Stars and Legends, plus revamped court and uniform colors to better align with today’s teams. Plus, the campaign’s been enhanced. No longer must you battle 27 opponents to take the title of Grand Champion; you’ve got to conquer all 30. With custom code established by Mattrizzle to consolidate campaign order, roster setups, and player attributes, and supported by phonymike’s portrait inserter, the sky’s the limit for SNES NBA Jam romhacks!
What started as a simple roster update became a monster! A monster jam, that is!
11 December 2020 5:49PM EST - Update by eskayelle
Eskayelle / Double Z’s next iteration in the 2Kxx series goes beyond portrait and roster revisions. Armed with the tutelage of heavy hitters phonymike and Mattrizzle, 2K21 is packed with the following features:
- Title screen edited to reflect 2K21.
- Team roll call screen and center court edited to reflect 2K21 in NBA Jam TE logo.
- Various roster updates.
- Various player replacements.
- Various portrait updates.
- Various sound replacements.
- New banners.
- Attract mode text edits (”ATTENTION NBA FANS” screen and features screens).
- Ending text and end credits text edits.
- New secret players.
- Expanded secret player table AND allowance for record saving and campaign mode play.
- Team select screen allows backward cycling through player combinations.
- Update to play full/longer announcer sound clips.
- Team campaign order revised for 2019-20 season.
- Play as Benny the Bull in all his red glory!
- End of quarter/game shoe and tile dimming bugfix.
- Options menu color bug fix.
- Remapping of campaign mode difficulty increments from individual players to teams.
- Sound clip added when successfully entering a Konami code on the Start menu.
Plus, don’t forget all the previous features from NBA Jam 2K20 TE!