(1 to 5) of 5 Results
Star Fox Exploration Showcase v7.19.3
31 March 2021 5:36PM EST - Update by kandowontu
The latest and greatest version has been released. It comes with some bug fixes, as well as 3 new features: Model Test Mode, Super Boost and Freeze/Explore Mode!
Model Test Mode is pretty straightforward; it allows you to view all of the models in the game, rotate them, zoom them in and out, and also “draw” with them.
Super boost in god mode - while boosting with X, hold B to boost even faster! (Speed is 65 by default, 83 for normal boost, 123 for super boost!)
Freeze/Explore mode allows you to stop the ship from moving forward automatically, essentially removing the rails. You can manually move forward and backwards, as well as continue to fire (as the rest of the stage will still be active!)
Fixed a few small bugs, such as the background tilting issue for 2 player mode.
Enjoy, and hoping to always bring big things to the next release!
Full Changelog: 7.19.3
- Model Test Mode: Select on title screen
- B/Y to change the model
- JU/JD/JL/JR to rotate
- L/R to zoom in/out
- Hold A to “draw”, release to “erase”
- Super boost in god mode - while boosting with X, hold B to boost even faster! (Speed is 65 by default, 83 for normal boost, 123 for super boost)
- Freeze + Explore mode! Hold B and press START (and then unpause) to stop the ship dead in its tracks!
- Move forward with X and backwards with B
- Joypad2 camera controls and Joypad1 camera view changes work
- L+R+RIGHTJPAD to get out of frozen mode.
- Enemies and level keeps running!
- Further refined the colors of Fox/Slippy/Falco/Peppy’s ships (low poly+high poly)(Requested by Delta)
- Replaced the training level with one made by CoolK. Thanks CoolK!
- Created unique border limits for training level
- Added 2 new ships to choose from, the car and the bike from 2-6 (Requested by Delta)
- New title screen, removed sprite of team on title screen
- Fix nukes so that pressing A detonates them on command after they are deployed when not in god mode
- Fixed enemy weapon deflection when doing barrel rolls
- Boost/Brake soundfx only plays upon pressing the button, not continuously. (Requested)
Star Fox Exploration Showcase v7.16 Now available!
18 January 2021 12:25PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Exploration Showcase has been in a constant state of development, and now, the wait for the next version is over!
2 Player mode has gone through a lot of revision and modification, and is finally at a point where the full game is playable and fully enjoyable from beginning to end!
Start 2 player mode from the title screen by pressing START2 on the second player’s controller.
- Each player has lives, bombs, life meters, etc.
- If all lives are gone, and the player dies, and the other player finishes the level, the player with no lives gets one more chance in the next level!
If you’ve never played this mod before, it is very important to read the readme file to see the dozens of changes and features this showcase has to offer!
Work will continue to smooth out the rougher things in due time.
Full changelog: 7.16
- Improved on 2 player mode
- Start 2 player mode with START2 on title screen
- God mode codes apply to second player
- Second player has their own bomb count
- Second player firing delay works like player 1 dependant on the weapon
- Second player has much smoother ship movements
- Second player can now angle up/down/left/right and fire past the boundaries
- Removed limitation of movement when in 2 player mode
- Added third auto zoom level for going farther across the screen
- Life bar has been added for second player
- Collision for 2P is now like 1P where you have 7 frames of no collision after damage
- Fixed shadows and floor appearing in space levels
- Slight push off of walls/ceiling/space floors when button is let go to remove arrows
- Player 2 continues the battle when player 1 dies
- Players have independant wire ship lifespans
- Player 2’s bomb count goes down in reverse order
- Multiple other improvements
- Life bars have increased to reflect the new increased health.
- Teammates were not unloading under certain conditions and could loop around the level. Fixed.
- Fixed course 4 level score %, will now give 100% upon completion of each level.
Please visit the discord to report any issues! Looking for interested testers as well.
Star Fox Exploration Showcase 7.00 released!
15 December 2020 4:32PM EST - Update by kandowontu
The latest and greatest update ever can be summed up into 3 points:
- 2 Player Mode!
- Useful Teammates!
- Scoring Mode!
In the latest update, you can start 2 player mode with Y+Select. Your teammate is controlled with 2p joypad, can fire, fly, barrel roll, fire bombs, and can change weapons with R+X. The border is dynamically resizing, and the screen is in a static position. Have fun with your friends and try a new twist on an old classic!
Your teammates are also actually useful. They used to come out and fire 6 shots straight when you save them and then disappear. Now, they actively hunt down targets and will fire 60 times before going away. Want more? Summon one any time with X and Select!
Like Star Fox Scored Edition’s scoring mode? Well enable it in SFES with X+Y on the title screen! It has the same changes as SF:SE as far as exploitable point patching and endlessly looping levels un-looped. Compete for a high score!
- Two player mode! (Hold Y and press Select) to spawn a ship for your friend!
- Dynamically adjusting frame/zoom level dependant on the ships’ locations
- Still just a WIP/test, but ship idle hover, movement pivot, center chase, z rotation, barrel rolls, firing and bombs are implemented. HP, smoother movements, death not implemented yet.
- Imported scoring system from Star Fox: Scored Edition 1.25:
- Enable by holding Y and pressing X on the title screen (you will hear a sound and the whale will be replaced with an Andross Cube)
- While enabled, Black hole always exits at the third exit if you haven’t exited yet, Titania always does the weather change, Space Armada forces you into the ships and continues whether or not you have destroyed the core.
- See the included Scored Edition Changes.txt for additional information about the scoring system.
- Added Weapon 98, just like Weapon 99 but without object removal. Soft-lock free.
- Reduced fire rate of Weapon 99. Soft-lock free(?)
- Weapon selection no longer resets on each level.
- Moved sound test to title screen, cycle through with A and B.
- Added ability to use planet select cheat even after beating a level.
- Planet Skip cheat can access 2 new “courses”, which just go to OOTD and Black Hole.
- Teammates are actually useful and help out for a little while after saving them.
- Teammates have some unique colors and show them in all scenes.
- Teammate assistant can be spawned by (Hold X and Press SELECT) (Repeat to despawn).
- You can now restart the game after the credits are completed by hitting START.
- Sorry Titania, your weather changer is broken. The weather changes by itself now.
- Fixed helperballs not spawning on Venom.
- Adjusted Professor Hangar (2-3 boss) - only 3 fish spawn instead of 5 while he is recharging.
- Disable switching into isometric/drunk view in tunnels
- Disable view changes during cutscenes/no control sections
Thank you for playing, and see you for the next update! Bigger and better things are always on the way!
Star Fox Exploration Showcase Update
20 November 2020 1:41PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Exploration Showcase has had some updates recently, but none as big as this!
- Fixed 1-4 Meteor (Spider) Boss lockup
- Fixed ending sequence lockup
- Changed Shipnum counter to Shape name
- Readded Titania to the BOSS BGM test. Sorry Prof Hangar, you’re always having problems!
- Out of this Dimension planet icon is always on the screen (requested)
- Out of this Dimension now leads to black hole when complete, no more bad ending! (requested)
- Bombs in god mode can now be throw consecutively, and they each go off by themselves (requested)
- Added 14 new weapons including the God Gun #99 which oneshot kills everything and some objects as well.
- Added single and dual shots for the new weapons, toggle with (Hold R+Press SELECT)
- Added ship name to on-screen display
- Added key shortcut to turn off on-screen display (Hold B+Press X)
- Readded HUD elements
- Added “God Nukes” - only while in god mode, (Hold R+press A) use to kill everything on screen (requested)
- Added Quick Ending to levels, press start during fanfare to skip to the end of it. (requested)
If you haven’t tried this hack out yet, what are you waiting for?
Star Fox Exploration Showcase
05 November 2020 10:34AM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Exploration Showcase has been released for the public! This is the first Star Fox hack done with the source code. This is over 3 months of hard work, 5 days a week, doing any and everything possible by modifying the source code. All done by someone with no ASM experience!
Experience new camera angles thanks to Starxxon, full camera control, new weapons, new ships, a new course, an endurance run (normal and course 4), a level features code to activate special things added to each level, a god mode code to enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and explore, and much, much more!
This project is still being worked on, squashing bugs and adding new features.
Check the readme file out, and keep it handy! It has all of the key shortcuts to activate the new features.