Super Mario Land DX has been updated to v2.0!
21 April 2022 1:20PM EST - Update by ShadowOne333
ROM Hacks News
It’s long overdue, but today is the day, Super Mario Land DX v2.0 is out!
This update brings a lot of new features and bugfixes from the original v1.0, which from toruzz’s own words: “Many people will consider it the real v1.0.”
So, what can you find in the newest update?
- Framerate issues have been addressed. That includes issues in the original game, especially noticeable in 3-2 (hard mode).
- Mario’s sprites have been revamped. They are mostly the same size as the originals.
- Mario’s relative position when jumping has been fixed. This was responsible for the weird collision issues in v1.0 (yeah, it wasn’t the sprites).
- Luigi has been added. He has slightly different physics.
- Old graphics are now an option. Not all graphics are unchanged, as it mostly affects the sprites, but this should be good enough for people who didn’t like the new ones.
- A shortcut to difficult mode has been added.
- New palette for Superball Mario/Luigi.
- New animation for Super Mario/Luigi when looking up.
- New animation for Super Mario/Luigi when entering a pipe.
- Options menu added to accommodate the new options.
- Battery added to permanently save your options, top score and level selection.
- Every single stage’s colors have been tweaked.
- An incompatibility screen for the original Game Boy has been added.
- Hundreds of minor (and not so minor) changes and fixes.
What are you waiting for? Relive the first outing of Mario on the GameBoy with a brand new look and polish!
[ COMMENTS ] Relevant Link - RHDN Project Page
Super Mario Land gets a full colorization!
27 April 2019 8:05AM EST - Update by thepatrickinator
ROM Hacks News
Happy 30th Anniversary, Princess Daisy!
Super Mario Land gets a full colorization hack by toruzz called Super Mario Land DX which changes the original Super Mario Land into a Game Boy Color game. Celebrating Daisy’s 30th Anniversary of her gaming career on Easter Sunday in 2019, a colorized remake of Super Mario Land was made to celebrate the occasion.
The full colorization of this game remakes the 8-bit original with updated graphics for enemies and characters to resemble the modern Mario games.