(1 to 2) of 2 Results
Secret of Mana: Relocalized v1.6! Now with Mixed Case Naming!
18 March 2019 11:10PM EST - Update by Timbo
Secret of Mana: Relocalized just got better!
That’s right, the hack that updated FuSoYa’s beloved VWF hack and uncensored everyone’s favorite Murderbot, was just updated to version 1.6 and has now added a major quality of life improvement: Mixed Case Naming!
Additionally, this update includes:
- Revised spell descriptions with Statistical Data like MP Cost and Spell Power.
- Some spell, status, and item names were updated for improved conciseness, comprehension, or modernized to match the Seiken Densetsu series’ current nomenclature.
- Reversion to the punctuated message system used in all versions prior to v1.5.
- Removal of non-canon references to Popoi’s gender during the Sandship scene.
Want to download the new update? Click “Relevant Link” below.
Want to discuss it? Click “RHDN Project Page” above.
Secret of Mana: Relocalized With 100% More Chainsaw!
12 February 2019 8:05AM EST - Update by Timbo
Secret of Mana: Relocalized now features more than just uncensored and relocalized text and dialogue. Thanks to its new contributor Queue, Relocalized now features restored and uncensored graphics and gameplay elements as well.
Here are some of the major features:
- Death Machine: AKA Kettle Kin gets restored to its full uncensored chainsaw wielding glory. Not only is this a graphical hack, it also rewrites the its AI to perform just as it did in the original Japanese release.
- Teleportation Circles: When Square released this game in 1993 Nintendo of America had strict policies against religious imagery appearing in its titles. The six-pointed stars in the teleportation circles were reduced to triangles. This hack restores them to their original appearance.
- Title Screen Background: When Square ported this game over to English, they butchered the original background image. Because of some graphical problems they cropped the image of the full Mana Tree at its roots and expanded it. The result is a blurry pixelated mess. Relocalized restores the original image.
- Opening Text Crawl: Relocalized updates the opening text crawl to that of the superior HD version.
- Relocalization: The titular feature. This hack takes the game’s outdated, awkward, and inaccurate text and script elements and localizes them differently. Just like with FuSoYa’s hack before it, Relocalized holds true to the style of beloved 90’s Squaresoft translator, Ted Woolsey.