(41 to 50) of 737 Results
Final Fantasy IV: Ultima v20k NG+ Edition
20 December 2020 7:53AM EST - Update by Ace_Aileron
Final Fantasy IV: Ultima is considered to be the apex of the FFIV rom-hacking genre and with the introduction of a New Game Plus feature, it once again has pushed the boundaries of what’s possible within the FFIV universe.
While many editions use the foundation of Final Fantasy IV “Vanilla” to bring a new experience (e.g. story, characters, randomization), Ultima provides a perfect amalgamation of everything loved about the original, as well as the components of the subsequent editions that made them unique: new dungeons, equipment and party swapping in FFIV: Advanced and a host of new abilities from the DS version. Additionally, Ultima has introduced players to things never thought possible for this game: enhanced items and equipment, magically-infused weapons, a host of new “super bosses”, and the pinnacle of the game; a boss rush where players get to challenge all the bosses they’ve previously conquered with a host of new surprises.
Each new release of FFIV: Ultima has brought a host of new content that makes every playthrough its own unique experience. While some releases had been originally flagged as the “final version” because there was simply no way to add additional content, the development team continues to shock the RHDN community by pushing the envelope, which speaks to the tenacity of those behind the curtains. With version 12, players once again found themselves experiencing new dungeons, items, and bosses but nothing would prepare the community for what would come next…a “New Game Plus” (NG+) mode – a feature that has been sought after since the game’s original release.
Not content with just bringing players a NG+ mode, the development team took things a step further and increased both the level and stats cap for characters which opens during the NG+. A player who took the time to grind all their characters to level 99 would not find themselves limited in their secondary playthrough but could strengthen their party to new heights never experienced or thought possible. This allows players to not only have a brand new experience but helps provide a more leisurely approach to even the game’s most challenging content.
On behalf of the Final Fantasy IV: Ultima development team, thank you for your continued support as the game surpasses 20,000 downloads and here’s to 20,000 more!
Christmas comes to Pac-Land!
16 December 2020 3:16PM EST - Update by Dr. Chill
It’s a Christmas miracle!
Pac-Man GB - Redux is seeing its most major update in the two years since its original release back in 2018, just in time to cap off 40 years of the great yellow one no less! In addition to the new Pac-Mania inspired character sprites, tweaks and fixes made in Anniv. Redux, Version 1.5 of GB Redux also sees the introduction of an all-new alternate patch dubbed ‘Classic Redux.’
Where Anniv. Redux focuses on redesigning as much of the game as possible with original, shaded spritework, Classic Redux is all about adapting the simple-yet-iconic arcade graphics to the Game Boy’s four-color screen – and doing a better job of it than the original release did back in 1990.
Regardless of which version suits your tastes better, please enjoy the newly-updated Pac-Man GB - Redux!
Star Fox Exploration Showcase 7.00 released!
15 December 2020 4:32PM EST - Update by kandowontu
The latest and greatest update ever can be summed up into 3 points:
- 2 Player Mode!
- Useful Teammates!
- Scoring Mode!
In the latest update, you can start 2 player mode with Y+Select. Your teammate is controlled with 2p joypad, can fire, fly, barrel roll, fire bombs, and can change weapons with R+X. The border is dynamically resizing, and the screen is in a static position. Have fun with your friends and try a new twist on an old classic!
Your teammates are also actually useful. They used to come out and fire 6 shots straight when you save them and then disappear. Now, they actively hunt down targets and will fire 60 times before going away. Want more? Summon one any time with X and Select!
Like Star Fox Scored Edition’s scoring mode? Well enable it in SFES with X+Y on the title screen! It has the same changes as SF:SE as far as exploitable point patching and endlessly looping levels un-looped. Compete for a high score!
- Two player mode! (Hold Y and press Select) to spawn a ship for your friend!
- Dynamically adjusting frame/zoom level dependant on the ships’ locations
- Still just a WIP/test, but ship idle hover, movement pivot, center chase, z rotation, barrel rolls, firing and bombs are implemented. HP, smoother movements, death not implemented yet.
- Imported scoring system from Star Fox: Scored Edition 1.25:
- Enable by holding Y and pressing X on the title screen (you will hear a sound and the whale will be replaced with an Andross Cube)
- While enabled, Black hole always exits at the third exit if you haven’t exited yet, Titania always does the weather change, Space Armada forces you into the ships and continues whether or not you have destroyed the core.
- See the included Scored Edition Changes.txt for additional information about the scoring system.
- Added Weapon 98, just like Weapon 99 but without object removal. Soft-lock free.
- Reduced fire rate of Weapon 99. Soft-lock free(?)
- Weapon selection no longer resets on each level.
- Moved sound test to title screen, cycle through with A and B.
- Added ability to use planet select cheat even after beating a level.
- Planet Skip cheat can access 2 new “courses”, which just go to OOTD and Black Hole.
- Teammates are actually useful and help out for a little while after saving them.
- Teammates have some unique colors and show them in all scenes.
- Teammate assistant can be spawned by (Hold X and Press SELECT) (Repeat to despawn).
- You can now restart the game after the credits are completed by hitting START.
- Sorry Titania, your weather changer is broken. The weather changes by itself now.
- Fixed helperballs not spawning on Venom.
- Adjusted Professor Hangar (2-3 boss) - only 3 fish spawn instead of 5 while he is recharging.
- Disable switching into isometric/drunk view in tunnels
- Disable view changes during cutscenes/no control sections
Thank you for playing, and see you for the next update! Bigger and better things are always on the way!
SMK Mirror Mode - A new twist on a old classic!
14 December 2020 5:29PM EST - Update by Dirtbag
Super Mario Kart Mirror Mode is a high quality collaborative hack by the SMKWorkshop team that brings new life into the original classic. First introduced as an unlockable class in Mario Kart 64 a mirror mode has been included in every iteration of Mario Kart since Double Dash!! The original Super Mario Kart never featured an official mirror mode.
After playing another mirror mode hack that was fun, but not without issues R4M0N set out to create a mathematically perfect mirrored set of tracks programmatically using Excel marcos. Dirtbag inserted the track data back into the ROM, created a new title screen and with the help of MrL314 re-coded the demos to work correctly and added some ASM hacks to give the hack a few extra mirrored features.
Play this new twist on a old classic featuring the following changes:
- All 24 track layouts perfectly mirrored
- All track overlays mirrored (GP, TT and Vs. Modes)
- Object placements Mirrored, including Ghost Valley’s pillars
- CPU AI Mirrored
- Mirrored animated tiles (Water, Lava, etc.)
- Mirrored track background layouts
- Mirrored title screen animation routine
- Mirrored demo input recordings
- Mirrored player select screen
- Mirrored race results screen background and animations
- Mirrored cup select screen animations
- Mirrored podium background, and cloud direction
- Additional mirrored track tiles where required
ROM size has been kept to 512KB - One of the aims of this hack was to do in in an elegant way as possible and keep within the confine of the original ROM size
Bug reports and any feedback can be posted here: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=31695.0
What started as a simple roster update became a monster! A monster jam, that is!
11 December 2020 5:49PM EST - Update by eskayelle
Eskayelle / Double Z’s next iteration in the 2Kxx series goes beyond portrait and roster revisions. Armed with the tutelage of heavy hitters phonymike and Mattrizzle, 2K21 is packed with the following features:
- Title screen edited to reflect 2K21.
- Team roll call screen and center court edited to reflect 2K21 in NBA Jam TE logo.
- Various roster updates.
- Various player replacements.
- Various portrait updates.
- Various sound replacements.
- New banners.
- Attract mode text edits (”ATTENTION NBA FANS” screen and features screens).
- Ending text and end credits text edits.
- New secret players.
- Expanded secret player table AND allowance for record saving and campaign mode play.
- Team select screen allows backward cycling through player combinations.
- Update to play full/longer announcer sound clips.
- Team campaign order revised for 2019-20 season.
- Play as Benny the Bull in all his red glory!
- End of quarter/game shoe and tile dimming bugfix.
- Options menu color bug fix.
- Remapping of campaign mode difficulty increments from individual players to teams.
- Sound clip added when successfully entering a Konami code on the Start menu.
Plus, don’t forget all the previous features from NBA Jam 2K20 TE!
Star Fox: Scored Edition Released
07 December 2020 10:25PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Weekend Competition is loved for its in-game scoring system.
Well now you can enjoy the same scoring system in the retail version of the game!
This has been optimized to eliminate any way to exploit points infinitely, creating the ultimate go-to for Star Fox high score competitions!
Some changes from the retail build include:
- Force weather change in 2-3
- Force exits and level progression in Space Armada (1-3)
- Force exit on 3rd exit in Black Hole
The game has gone through rigorous testing and quality checking by Patch93 down to the smallest details. This latest build 1.25 should be the final build.
Enjoy, and let the competitions begin!
Updated Hacks Added to the Database
02 December 2020 10:28AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks updates have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Legend of Zelda Challenge Outlands- Zed Edition (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros 3 Graphic Improvement (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Description Disruption (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Return of the Dark Sorcerer (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Elvira’s Monster Party (Monster Party)(NES)
- EightBound (EarthBound)(SNES)
- Ultima: Exodus Remastered (Ultima: Exodus)(NES)
- Megaman 1 - The New Lands (Mega Man)(NES)
- The Legend of Zelda - Perils of Darkness (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Bowser Vs. Wario (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Luigi and the Christmas Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. - Yoshi’s Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- ReCast FF3: War of the Magitek (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Mario All Stars NES (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- SOR2 - Final Fight Crossover 2019-2020 (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- SOR2 - FF Xover 2019-2020 - Special “Air Juggle” Edition (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- Castlevania Labyrinth (The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle)(NES)
- F-Zero Parallel Dimension (F-Zero)(SNES)
- Cleopatra Pizza Delivery (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- Pokemon Water Blue (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Fire Red Rival Variation (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Fire Red Legends (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokémon: Ruby - Festa 2002 Demo Recreation (Pokémon: Ruby Version)(GBA)
- Blaster Master (Wastelands) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Star Fox Exploration Showcase (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Blaster Master (Savanna) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Phantasy Star II - Retranslation & Improvements (Phantasy Star II)(GEN)
- Blaster Master (Quadrant) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Pokemon Factory Adventure (Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- Mega Man Wily’s Conquest 2 - Hyper Edition Turbo! (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. Desert Land (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- 42 Balloons: The Balloon Fight Collection (Balloon Fight)(NES)
- Pokemon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (Pokémon: Crystal Version)(GB)
- Final Fantasy II: A Threat from Within, Part 1 (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy IV - Ultima (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- New Super Mario World (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Castlevania - Prince of Darkness (Castlevania)(NES)
- Castlevania III - Carmilla’s Edition (Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse)(NES)
- Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Kart: Super Circuit Demake (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. CO OP Christmas Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Rockman 7 EP (Mega Man 7)(SNES)
- Clock Tower Deluxe (Clock Tower)(SNES)
- Contra: Hard Corps - INVASION v3.3 (Contra: Hard Corps)(GEN)
- SMAS Improvement Hack (Super Mario All-Stars)(SNES)
- Porco Rosso (1943 NES Hack) (1943: The Battle of Midway)(NES)
- Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Mochtroid (Metroid)(NES)
- Final Fight - Arcade Remix (Final Fight)(SNES)
- Project ZM (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- Rally-X NES Edition (BB Car)(NES)
- Final Fight One - Redux Edition (Final Fight One)(GBA)
- Menu Upgrades (Dragon Warrior II)(NES)
- Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions Tweak (Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions)(PSP)
- Super BOOio Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dragon Quest: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior)(NES)
- Pac-Man - NES Improvement (Pac-Man)(NES)
- Arcana - Seal of Rimsala (Arcana)(SNES)
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Project (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3)(SNES)
- Kinnikuman: Dreammatch (M.U.S.C.L.E.)(NES)
- Final Fight One - Arcade Remix (Final Fight One)(GBA)
- The Legend of Zelda - Relocalized (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Sonic Improvement Vol.2 (Somari the Adventurer)(NES)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Better Starting Stat (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- SMB3 Fixed Outlines (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Ayrton Senna Name Patch (ft. Jean Alesi) (Super F1 Circus 2)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - Speedrunner’s Edition (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- neoFFL2 v5.300 (Final Fantasy Legend II)(GB)
- Mega Man 2 - QoL Fixes (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Minor Tweak Pack (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)(GBA)
- Zelda 2 Redux (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)(NES)
- Dragon Quest III: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior III)(NES)
- Heathcliff (Tiny Toon Adventures)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros - Among Us Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dr. Garfield (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Return to New York (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)(NES)
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Quality hack (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)(PSX)
- Espers Giveth, Espers Taketh (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Dragon Quest II: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior II)(NES)
- Willow No Flash Hack (Willow)(NES)
- Harvest Moon - Intuitive Ranch Master (Harvest Moon)(SNES)
- Panel de Pon Options Menu Restoration (Tetris Attack)(SNES)
- Dr. Garfield (GB/GBC) (Dr. Mario)(GB)
- Doom 64 Brightness + Features Menu (Doom 64)(N64)
- Ocarina of Time Redux (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Majora’s Mask Redux (The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask)(N64)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Black Rabite (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Item Shop Change (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- GoldenEye Unlock Everything (GoldenEye 007)(N64)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team EX (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team)(GBA)
- Star Fox - Scored Edition (Star Fox)(SNES)
Super Mario Unlimited updated with new Deluxe version
27 November 2020 10:22AM EST - Update by frantik
Inspired by the likes of DahrkDaiz, ATA and other great rom hackers of the mid-2000s, Frantik started work on Super Mario Unlimited with the hopes of creating his own asm-heavy Mario masterpiece. It took close to 7 years, but eventually the game was released to the world in late 2011. Overall the hack was well received and was even featured in a video by James Rolfe of AVGN fame. Despite the popularity, it was a little rough around the edges, most notably with some questionable choices near the end and a little too much of that infamous “Nintendo Hard”.
In 2017 Frantik decided to go back and start adding a bit more polish, and Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe was born. Everything good about the original has been made better, and everything bad has been removed, or at least cleaned up. This is the original vision Frantik had when he started 15 years ago!
Super Mario Unlimited Deluxe is a traditional-style Mario hack with difficulty ramping up from beginner to expert. It is based on the Super Mario Bros engine, but has been completely reworked into a whole new adventure.
Changes from the original game include:
- 41 Original Levels!
- Unlimited Lives!
- New Power-up! The stopwatch lets Mario freeze his enemies
- New Mechanics! Mario can super jump off enemies by holding A
- New Collectable! Find all 32 Mario coins to unlock secrets
- New Graphics and Music! A familiar mix of new and old
New features and changes in this DELUXE version:
- Save your progress with three save game slots
- All new Bowser fight with new music
- A “secret message” at the end of each world
- Attempt counter aka lives counter
- Mario coin count is displayed on screen
- Indicator displayed for when a Mario coin has been picked up
- Hidden power up blocks are now partially visible
- Different end game text depending on how you play the game
- Bowser’s castle expanded with a second route
- World 6-5 expanded
- Bonus hidden level added
- “Speed runner mode” - Can you beat your personal record?
- Second Quest / “Hard Mode”
- Many more tweaks, bug fixes and edits!
A strategy guide with detailed information on all cheats and secrets, as well as cover art for use with NES Classic are also included in the archive.
Star Fox Exploration Showcase Update
20 November 2020 1:41PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Exploration Showcase has had some updates recently, but none as big as this!
- Fixed 1-4 Meteor (Spider) Boss lockup
- Fixed ending sequence lockup
- Changed Shipnum counter to Shape name
- Readded Titania to the BOSS BGM test. Sorry Prof Hangar, you’re always having problems!
- Out of this Dimension planet icon is always on the screen (requested)
- Out of this Dimension now leads to black hole when complete, no more bad ending! (requested)
- Bombs in god mode can now be throw consecutively, and they each go off by themselves (requested)
- Added 14 new weapons including the God Gun #99 which oneshot kills everything and some objects as well.
- Added single and dual shots for the new weapons, toggle with (Hold R+Press SELECT)
- Added ship name to on-screen display
- Added key shortcut to turn off on-screen display (Hold B+Press X)
- Readded HUD elements
- Added “God Nukes” - only while in god mode, (Hold R+press A) use to kill everything on screen (requested)
- Added Quick Ending to levels, press start during fanfare to skip to the end of it. (requested)
If you haven’t tried this hack out yet, what are you waiting for?
Celebrate Super Mario World 30th anniversary with Super Luigi World!
20 November 2020 12:55PM EST - Update by Sephy
Celebrate Super Mario World 30th anniversary with Super Luigi World! Luigi steals the spotlight in this iconic platformer for the SNES. Play the original levels with the same classic gameplay, but this time you’re playing as Luigi!
- Luigi’s sprite from Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
- Luigi is now Player 1 and Mario is Player 2
- All text now refers to Luigi, including:
- A modified title screen logo
- Savefile names
- Message boxes
- Boss clear texts
- The ending text after beating the game
The inspiration for Super Luigi World came from playing the second half of Super Mario Galaxy in the 3D All-Stars Collection. This spawned the idea of creating a Luigi-version of Super Mario World dedicated to Luigi-fans!
It always felt off that the ending said “Mario’s adventure is over.” even if you beat the game as Luigi.
Super Luigi World restores the balance as you can now play as Luigi in a 1 Player Game or force your younger siblings to play as Luigi’s red brother in 2 Player Game mode!
What started as a seemingly easy beginner project quickly began to take more time than expected. It was a fun way to start getting into romhacking but most of all it granted a new appreciation for the effort this community puts into these projects!
Please enjoy, Super Luigi World!