(21 to 30) of 780 Results
Star Fox Exploration Showcase 8.45.2 is out!
19 July 2021 4:11PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Exploration Showcase is a fully featured showcase of some of the possible things that can be done to modify the original game. Some of the notable features are 2 player mode, new views, new weapons/ships, a new 4th course, and endurance run, a new game+ mode, a god mode, and much, MUCH more!
Today Star Fox Exploration Showcase has unleashed a force that has never been seen before. An update so massive, so expansive that Luigi himself has shown up and joined forces with Andross to bring you MECHA LUIGI! (Thanks to Starxxon for the model)
Challenge the game in New Game+ mode to face him!
The game also now proudly features an in-game pause menu, a further expanded pre-game menu with many more mods, accurate first person views available in all areas of the game, a 4 player CPU assault mode, a new view, and much, much more under the hood.
Lots of love and care went into each and every feature of this mod. Enjoy! Will you be the first person to beat Mecha Luigi?
- Pregame menu expanded to add:
- Palette Changes
- No Ground Dots
- Disable BGM or SFX
- Fast/Slow BGM mode
- Dark Mode (No light sourcing)
- 2 player CPU+ mode
- 4 player CPU assault mode
- In-Game Pause menu to change the following:
- Ship Model
- Double Shot on/off
- Fire Rate
- Freeze and Explore mode (Hit the brakes after turning this on to activate)
- Step by Step mode - move the game one frame at a time with left or right when highlighting this. You can also hold left or right to continue moving through frames, and you can hold up/down and shoot while holding left or right.
- MECHA LUIGI added to New Game+ mode - he replaces Andross’s core, and he has a completely new attack pattern. Good luck! (Thanks for the model, Starxxon!)
- Key combinations for ship models/weapons/double shot/freeze and explore mode have all been disabled due to the new pause menu
- More features disabled for NG+ (infinite barrel rolls, continues)
- First person view fixed for every course
- View distance is properly fixed for larger ship models
- Course 4 properly displays its name on the map (Credit: Hayao)
- Drunk mode removed, new view added as a far view (UP+SELECT)
- New title screen (Credit: Hayao)
- New weapon added: Shotgun (Spread laser)
- Thank you screen to those who have supported the project throughout this journey
- Many more misc bug fixes for 1 and 2 player modes!
Huge update for the voice hack of Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden!
16 July 2021 8:08AM EST - Update by Kanon
The recent voice hack for Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden has received a new update with lots of improvements!
The patch, previously known as “voice changes” has been renamed to “New Voices” to better reflect the modifications made to the game. While the previous version only swapped some voices for others (like removing Son Gohan’s Kame Hame Ha, to make room for his voice for Masenkō) due to limitations in the sound driver, this new version bypasses that limitation, allowing the addition of voices without the need to remove anything.
The cumulative changes now include new voices for almost every character: Gohan now says “Masenko” (added in the previous version) AND “Kame Hame Ha” (restored), Piccolo adds “Gekiretsu Kodan” while keeping the “Makankōsappō“, Vegeta now says both “Final Flash” AND “Big Bang Attack“, just like Trunks with “Burning Attack” and “Finish Buster“. Cell keeps his “Kame Hame Ha” voice and the grunt used for Makankōsappō is restored. Rikum screams “Rikum Eraser Gun!” when performing this attack, and Krilin joins the Kame Hame Ha club, getting his own voice when performing the trademark attack of the Turtle School.
A very interesting case is the changes made for Android 18. She gets what could almost be described as make over: Instead of her boring “Sora!” scream, now she has two interesting choices when performing her special attacks. One is the phrase “Uttoshine!“, lifted from Super Sonic Warriors for GBA, and the other is “Jā ne, bye“, her famous line from the original manga and anime (in the scene when she first kisses Krilin), also used for attacks in Dragonball Fighterz.
And finally, Freezer gets and additional voice, also from the source material and Dragonball Fighterz: “Ima sugu damara sete yaru zo” (”I’ll have you shut up now” a reference to chapter 322 of the manga, and episode 99 of the anime)
As a bonus, there is also a small surprise in the intro, reminiscent of SNES’ DB Super Butoden.
Download the patch HERE and check the new voices!
A short video with the changes can be found here: https://youtu.be/h1YKxSVCSwA
Mega Man 7 Refit Gets "Custom Fit" Update
12 July 2021 8:17PM EST - Update by Josephine Lithius
Remember that fun little ROM hack for Mega Man 7? The one that was released three years ago and made the game play a little more like the older games in the series? Well, it finally got an update, and it’s a doozy!
Josephine Lithius (formerly “Joseph Collins”) decided it was high time to stop putting off something very important. Going forward, it’s been decided that… the Life and Weapon Energy Capsules, and even the 1ups, should look like they do in the older games!
In all seriousness, on top of some more altered graphics and changed text strings, this version also makes a big change to the damage data tables. Inspired by the older games, the Charged Mega Buster Shot has been made a tiny bit more powerful, doing 3 damage to normal enemies instead of 2! But wait, there’s more!
Thanks to user interest, the main patch now comes with optional customization patches for all the different tweaks and features available! That means players now have the option of full control over what modifications they make to their game! Like the faster Charge Shot but not the new title screen? Think the shorter I-frames and Rush’s invulnerability make the game too easy? Pick and choose to your heart’s content! The mini-patches even work with US-based ROM hacks! This means that it’s possible to have a better Charge Shot in “Mega Man 7 Restored”, or even make the game more merciful with longer I-frames and “Nerfed Spikes”! Wow!!
For fans of Mega Man 7 looking for something new, or fans of “Refit” looking for some true customization options, this update is for you!
A ROM Hack With a Touch of Googie Toons!
11 July 2021 12:01PM EST - Update by Googie
Here’s Googie’s second ROM hack with his cartoons in it, Googie has to demolish walls and ladders in old abandoned building so he can get paid. But there’s monsters and an evil version of Googie who wants to see him dead. Will Googie be able to get the money to buy the current gen systems? Only with your help.
Version 1.2 of Megaman 1 - The New Lands is finally out!
10 July 2021 11:01AM EST - Update by Timaeus
After around 9 months, the new revamped version is finally out. Everything in the game has been improved in some way or another, mainly the level design, weapons, AIs and graphics. Expect a much different and enjoyable version compared to the old one. Please enjoy. Peace~
NBA Jam 21: Bucks vs. Suns & the NBA Playoffs?
07 July 2021 9:13AM EST - Update by ponlork
Things are heating up in the world of NBA Jam. From the Arcade source code being leaked in April, to the upcoming documentary based on the NBA Jam book by Reyan Ali, to the Insert Coin documentary and various other projects in the works it’s fair to say that interest in NBA Jam is on the rise. And to help further that resurgence is superfan Ponlork with a new update of his wildly popular NBA Jam 21 project right on time for the NBA Finals.
Going along with Finals theme, version 1.3 adds Paul George, Clint Capela, Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton, Khris Middleton, and Jrue Holiday into the mix. The East and West conference finals championship teams the Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns are represented with 3 current players while the runner-up teams the LA Clippers and Atlanta Hawks consist of 2 current players.
Improving on gameplay there are now faster inbound passes to pick up the pace, and newly restored play-by-play audio commentary by Tim Kitzrow that was missing from the retail release. Famous lines such as “from downtown!”, “wide open!”, “launches a shot!”, “from long range!” and many more are back.
On the graphical side of tings there are updated portraits for Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Snoop Dogg and The Hulk, and a fix that expands the head size dimensions to prevent clipping around the edges. It’s subtle but when dealing with sprite based graphics, every pixel is important so the additional 2 pixels make a world of difference. Details on the fix can be found on the official RHDN Project thread
It’s time to get live, it’s time to represent. NBA Jam what time is it? It’s time to grab yourself a copy of NBA Jam 21 today!
Palette Project for Joy Mech Fight Special
01 July 2021 7:36PM EST - Update by Streetwize
Joy Mech Fight is a fighting game on NES made by a small team who gathered together at a seminar. Nintendo simply went on to publish it and featured the main character as an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It is a technical marvel with some creative ways to work around the system’s limitations. Also notable is that it is one of the earliest instances of unlocking content. As simple as the game is, no game is without flaws. By fighting game standards flaws were aplenty that both added to and hurt the game. SP is a ROM hack meant to help improve the game by fixing such issues as well as improving character balance. Many new features were also added, and the purpose of this article is not only to generate interest but to give everyone a chance to contribute with a new feature now being worked on.
Extra colors to fight with is a rather big undertaking. Adding eight palettes for a whopping 36 characters makes for close to 300 that need to be made! Most fighting games at the time with only two palettes simply used the default color and the secondary color only appeared in mirror matches, but this game does something rare and locks each player as specific colors. Most of the time this inflexibility was done to save space for other data. However, the programmer of JMFSP understands that players like being able to choose a color to better represent themselves.
The developers thankfully already laid the groundwork to make this feature easy to add in as confirming a character requires two presses of the A button. Taking advantage of this was already demonstrated with alternate versions of the page 1 fighters. The programmer has a few rules as far as submissions go. Mainly, provide hex values for both the normal palette and the flashing palette if applicable as well as possibly an image. No more than eight extra palettes will be added for each character. He gets to decides which palettes stay if more than eight are submitted.
No hacking skills are required to help out with this. If interested, feel free to drop a comment here, reply to the thread, or join the Discord server.
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/GQ3PcFav7a
New Hacks Added to the Database
28 June 2021 11:02AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- EarthBound Beginnings: Ultimate Faithful Edition (Mother)(NES)
- Mario’s Amazing Adventure Revitalized MSU-1 (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Fix static bartz in dialog - FFV GBA Script Port (Final Fantasy V)(SNES)
- F-1 Race No Infinite Loop (F-1 Race)(NES)
- SM64: Last Impact (Super Mario 64)(N64)
- CONTRA HARD CORPS PROBOTECTOR v1b (Contra: Hard Corps)(GEN)
- Zelda Kong V-VIII (Donkey Kong)(NES)
- Metroid Prime Double Trouble (Metroid Prime)(GC)
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Double Trouble (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)(GC)
- Super Mario Bros 2 Painful World Spikes Kaizo (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- Space Invaders - Arcade Editiom (Space Invaders)(NES)
- Zelda Kong IX-XII (Original Edition) (Donkey Kong)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros Painful World Spikes Kaizo (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Samus Goes to the Fridge to Get a Glass of Milk 3D (Metroid Prime)(GC)
- DK64 KongQuest (Donkey Kong 64)(N64)
- River City Ransom (USA) Nekketsu Hack 1.0 (River City Ransom)(NES)
- Final Fantasy 6: Divergent Paths (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Maxim Story Mode (Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance)(GBA)
- Ninja Gaiden II Hadokoa Sakusen (Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos)(NES)
- Advance Wars Returns (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)(GBA)
- Ninja Gaiden IIII Hadokoa Sakusen (Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom)(NES)
- Zelda Kong IX-XII (Donkey Kong)(NES)
- Ninja Gaiden Hadokoa Sakusen (Ninja Gaiden)(NES)
- Ogorki the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)(GEN)
- NEW Prince of Persia (Prince of Persia)(NES)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Painful Wolrd Spikes Kaizo (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)(GEN)
- Ninja Gaiden - SNES “Next Act” Theme (Ninja Gaiden)(NES)
- Dragon Ball Z - Buyuu Retsuden Voice changes (Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden)(GEN)
- Double Dragon 3: liquid mod (Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones)(NES)
- Rockman 6 - Slide fix (Mega Man 6)(NES)
- Langlock Mod (Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone)(PS2)
- Rocket Knight Adventures SRAM (Rocket Knight Adventures)(GEN)
- Jewel Master SRAM (Jewel Master)(GEN)
- Double Dragon 2: Liquid mod (Double Dragon II: The Revenge)(NES)
- Dick Tracy SRAM (Dick Tracy)(GEN)
- NBA Jam T.E. - Double Z Mod (J) (NBA Jam T.E.)(PSX)
- Contra - Hard Corps SRAM (Contra: Hard Corps)(GEN)
- NBA Jam T.E. - Double Z Mod Lite (NBA Jam T.E.)(PSX)
- NBA Jam T.E. - Double Z Mod Lite (J) (NBA Jam T.E.)(PSX)
- Revenge of Shinobi SRAM (The Revenge of Shinobi)(GEN)
- Mega Man Star Force DX (Mega Man Star Force)(NDS)
- M.U.S.H.A. SRAM (M.U.S.H.A.: Metallic Uniframe Super Hybrid Armor)(GEN)
- Pac-Man CE Safe Overscan (Pac-Man Championship Edition)(NES)
- Vile Name Patch (ft. Zero) (Mega Man Xtreme)(GB)
- Ayrton Senna Restoration Patch (F1 Pole Position)(GB)
- Sonic Color Hack (Sonic the Hedgehog)(SMS)
- Super Mario RPG Enhanced (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)(SNES)
- Galaga - Space Invaders Hack (Space Invaders)(NES)
- Real Names Patch (Super Racing)(SMS)
- Tecmo World Cup Soccer(grass ) (Tecmo World Cup Soccer)(NES)
- Road Rash SRAM (Road Rash)(GEN)
- Mario Bros. Glove Fix (Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3)(GBA)
- (S)NES-Style World Maps (Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3)(GBA)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 Easy (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Star Fox 2 - Great Fox Replacement (Star Fox 2)(SNES)
- The Legend of Golden Axe Warrior (Golden Axe Warrior)(SMS)
- Cliffhanger - no-dim hack (Cliffhanger)(NES)
- Dragon’s Lair - no-dim hack (Dragon’s Lair)(NES)
- Immortal, The - no-dim hack (The Immortal)(NES)
- James Bond Jr. - no-dim hack (James Bond Jr.)(NES)
- Wario in Super Mario land (Super Mario Land)(GB)
- Road Rash 2 SRAM (Road Rash II)(GEN)
- Super Mario Bros. MMC5 Patch (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
Zelda Kong IX-XII
24 June 2021 6:23PM EST - Update by Zero Meaning
Zero Meaning once again marries Zelda and Donkey Kong for their anniversaries with the next four instalments in the Zelda Kong series. This time, the spotlight is entirely on Link’s Awakening. Almost all Donkey Kong graphics have been swapped out for Zelda assets. Return to Koholint Island in a way you never expected!
Features four separate hacks, each with unique enemies, bosses, items, characters, and palettes.
- Save the island from Shadow Nightmare’s horde of underworld minions as Link.
- Deliver Martha’s lost necklace as Marin, but watch out for the lazy Walrus!
- Sweep everyone in your way off their feet with Grandma Ulrira (YAHOO!)!
- Encounter an all-star cast of guest characters from the Mario and Kirby series as Tarin.
These hacks exist for both:
- The NES port: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6015/
- The Original Edition which adds in the pie/cement level: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5994/
A video longplay without commentary can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kIp4gObOzQ
Thanks for playing! ♥
Previous entries in this series:
- Zelda Kong I-IV: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5934/
- Zelda Kong I-IV (Original Edition): https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5931/
Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (River City Ransom) Localization Project
21 June 2021 10:22PM EST - Update by FANS
This patch will restore the japanese version of River City Ransom, called Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari, using the plot, names and graphics of japanese game, replacing several sprites, managing to restore Japanese graphics to the characters. RCR names were replaced with DNM names (Alex to Kunio, Ryan to Riki…) and all the text were adapted, using the official script of PS4/Switch official translation. The title screen will remains the same, It’s a mess and almost impossible to change it only editing sprites. Also, ArcSys still uses River City in the new games, so there’s nothing wrong with that.
There’s a known problem in the arm of some enemies that will be white. If the color is changed, the eye of this character changes for this color too. For this reason, it will remains white.
For now, all River City/Kunio-kun beat’em up games are localized by community. Hope you enjoy.