(11 to 20) of 704 Results
SMK Mirror Mode - A new twist on a old classic!
14 December 2020 5:29PM EST - Update by Dirtbag
Super Mario Kart Mirror Mode is a high quality collaborative hack by the SMKWorkshop team that brings new life into the original classic. First introduced as an unlockable class in Mario Kart 64 a mirror mode has been included in every iteration of Mario Kart since Double Dash!! The original Super Mario Kart never featured an official mirror mode.
After playing another mirror mode hack that was fun, but not without issues R4M0N set out to create a mathematically perfect mirrored set of tracks programmatically using Excel marcos. Dirtbag inserted the track data back into the ROM, created a new title screen and with the help of MrL314 re-coded the demos to work correctly and added some ASM hacks to give the hack a few extra mirrored features.
Play this new twist on a old classic featuring the following changes:
- All 24 track layouts perfectly mirrored
- All track overlays mirrored (GP, TT and Vs. Modes)
- Object placements Mirrored, including Ghost Valley’s pillars
- CPU AI Mirrored
- Mirrored animated tiles (Water, Lava, etc.)
- Mirrored track background layouts
- Mirrored title screen animation routine
- Mirrored demo input recordings
- Mirrored player select screen
- Mirrored race results screen background and animations
- Mirrored cup select screen animations
- Mirrored podium background, and cloud direction
- Additional mirrored track tiles where required
ROM size has been kept to 512KB - One of the aims of this hack was to do in in an elegant way as possible and keep within the confine of the original ROM size
Bug reports and any feedback can be posted here: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=31695.0
What started as a simple roster update became a monster! A monster jam, that is!
11 December 2020 5:49PM EST - Update by eskayelle
Eskayelle / Double Z’s next iteration in the 2Kxx series goes beyond portrait and roster revisions. Armed with the tutelage of heavy hitters phonymike and Mattrizzle, 2K21 is packed with the following features:
- Title screen edited to reflect 2K21.
- Team roll call screen and center court edited to reflect 2K21 in NBA Jam TE logo.
- Various roster updates.
- Various player replacements.
- Various portrait updates.
- Various sound replacements.
- New banners.
- Attract mode text edits (”ATTENTION NBA FANS” screen and features screens).
- Ending text and end credits text edits.
- New secret players.
- Expanded secret player table AND allowance for record saving and campaign mode play.
- Team select screen allows backward cycling through player combinations.
- Update to play full/longer announcer sound clips.
- Team campaign order revised for 2019-20 season.
- Play as Benny the Bull in all his red glory!
- End of quarter/game shoe and tile dimming bugfix.
- Options menu color bug fix.
- Remapping of campaign mode difficulty increments from individual players to teams.
- Sound clip added when successfully entering a Konami code on the Start menu.
Plus, don’t forget all the previous features from NBA Jam 2K20 TE!
Star Fox: Scored Edition Released
07 December 2020 10:25PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Weekend Competition is loved for its in-game scoring system.
Well now you can enjoy the same scoring system in the retail version of the game!
This has been optimized to eliminate any way to exploit points infinitely, creating the ultimate go-to for Star Fox high score competitions!
Some changes from the retail build include:
- Force weather change in 2-3
- Force exits and level progression in Space Armada (1-3)
- Force exit on 3rd exit in Black Hole
The game has gone through rigorous testing and quality checking by Patch93 down to the smallest details. This latest build 1.25 should be the final build.
Enjoy, and let the competitions begin!
Updated Hacks Added to the Database
02 December 2020 10:28AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks updates have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Legend of Zelda Challenge Outlands- Zed Edition (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros 3 Graphic Improvement (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Description Disruption (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Return of the Dark Sorcerer (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Elvira’s Monster Party (Monster Party)(NES)
- EightBound (EarthBound)(SNES)
- Ultima: Exodus Remastered (Ultima: Exodus)(NES)
- Megaman 1 - The New Lands (Mega Man)(NES)
- The Legend of Zelda - Perils of Darkness (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Bowser Vs. Wario (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Luigi and the Christmas Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. - Yoshi’s Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- ReCast FF3: War of the Magitek (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Mario All Stars NES (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- SOR2 - Final Fight Crossover 2019-2020 (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- SOR2 - FF Xover 2019-2020 - Special “Air Juggle” Edition (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- Castlevania Labyrinth (The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle)(NES)
- F-Zero Parallel Dimension (F-Zero)(SNES)
- Cleopatra Pizza Delivery (Super Mario Bros. 2)(NES)
- Pokemon Water Blue (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Fire Red Rival Variation (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Fire Red Legends (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokémon: Ruby - Festa 2002 Demo Recreation (Pokémon: Ruby Version)(GBA)
- Blaster Master (Wastelands) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Star Fox Exploration Showcase (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Blaster Master (Savanna) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Phantasy Star II - Retranslation & Improvements (Phantasy Star II)(GEN)
- Blaster Master (Quadrant) (Blaster Master)(NES)
- Pokemon Factory Adventure (Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- Mega Man Wily’s Conquest 2 - Hyper Edition Turbo! (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. Desert Land (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- 42 Balloons: The Balloon Fight Collection (Balloon Fight)(NES)
- Pokemon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged (Pokémon: Crystal Version)(GB)
- Final Fantasy II: A Threat from Within, Part 1 (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy IV - Ultima (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- New Super Mario World (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Castlevania - Prince of Darkness (Castlevania)(NES)
- Castlevania III - Carmilla’s Edition (Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse)(NES)
- Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Kart: Super Circuit Demake (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. CO OP Christmas Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Rockman 7 EP (Mega Man 7)(SNES)
- Clock Tower Deluxe (Clock Tower)(SNES)
- Contra: Hard Corps - INVASION v3.3 (Contra: Hard Corps)(GEN)
- SMAS Improvement Hack (Super Mario All-Stars)(SNES)
- Porco Rosso (1943 NES Hack) (1943: The Battle of Midway)(NES)
- Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Mochtroid (Metroid)(NES)
- Final Fight - Arcade Remix (Final Fight)(SNES)
- Project ZM (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- Rally-X NES Edition (BB Car)(NES)
- Final Fight One - Redux Edition (Final Fight One)(GBA)
- Menu Upgrades (Dragon Warrior II)(NES)
- Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions Tweak (Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions)(PSP)
- Super BOOio Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dragon Quest: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior)(NES)
- Pac-Man - NES Improvement (Pac-Man)(NES)
- Arcana - Seal of Rimsala (Arcana)(SNES)
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Project (Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3)(SNES)
- Kinnikuman: Dreammatch (M.U.S.C.L.E.)(NES)
- Final Fight One - Arcade Remix (Final Fight One)(GBA)
- The Legend of Zelda - Relocalized (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Sonic Improvement Vol.2 (Somari the Adventurer)(NES)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Better Starting Stat (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- SMB3 Fixed Outlines (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Ayrton Senna Name Patch (ft. Jean Alesi) (Super F1 Circus 2)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - Speedrunner’s Edition (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- neoFFL2 v5.300 (Final Fantasy Legend II)(GB)
- Mega Man 2 - QoL Fixes (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Minor Tweak Pack (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)(GBA)
- Zelda 2 Redux (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)(NES)
- Dragon Quest III: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior III)(NES)
- Heathcliff (Tiny Toon Adventures)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros - Among Us Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dr. Garfield (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Return to New York (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)(NES)
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Quality hack (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)(PSX)
- Espers Giveth, Espers Taketh (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Dragon Quest II: Delocalized (Dragon Warrior II)(NES)
- Willow No Flash Hack (Willow)(NES)
- Harvest Moon - Intuitive Ranch Master (Harvest Moon)(SNES)
- Panel de Pon Options Menu Restoration (Tetris Attack)(SNES)
- Dr. Garfield (GB/GBC) (Dr. Mario)(GB)
- Doom 64 Brightness + Features Menu (Doom 64)(N64)
- Ocarina of Time Redux (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Majora’s Mask Redux (The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask)(N64)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Black Rabite (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- Seiken Densetsu 3 / Trials of Mana - Item Shop Change (Seiken Densetsu 3)(SNES)
- GoldenEye Unlock Everything (GoldenEye 007)(N64)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team EX (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team)(GBA)
- Star Fox - Scored Edition (Star Fox)(SNES)
Super Mario Unlimited updated with new Deluxe version
27 November 2020 10:22AM EST - Update by frantik
Inspired by the likes of DahrkDaiz, ATA and other great rom hackers of the mid-2000s, Frantik started work on Super Mario Unlimited with the hopes of creating his own asm-heavy Mario masterpiece. It took close to 7 years, but eventually the game was released to the world in late 2011. Overall the hack was well received and was even featured in a video by James Rolfe of AVGN fame. Despite the popularity, it was a little rough around the edges, most notably with some questionable choices near the end and a little too much of that infamous “Nintendo Hard”.
In 2017 Frantik decided to go back and start adding a bit more polish, and Super Mario Unlimited - Deluxe was born. Everything good about the original has been made better, and everything bad has been removed, or at least cleaned up. This is the original vision Frantik had when he started 15 years ago!
Super Mario Unlimited Deluxe is a traditional-style Mario hack with difficulty ramping up from beginner to expert. It is based on the Super Mario Bros engine, but has been completely reworked into a whole new adventure.
Changes from the original game include:
- 41 Original Levels!
- Unlimited Lives!
- New Power-up! The stopwatch lets Mario freeze his enemies
- New Mechanics! Mario can super jump off enemies by holding A
- New Collectable! Find all 32 Mario coins to unlock secrets
- New Graphics and Music! A familiar mix of new and old
New features and changes in this DELUXE version:
- Save your progress with three save game slots
- All new Bowser fight with new music
- A “secret message” at the end of each world
- Attempt counter aka lives counter
- Mario coin count is displayed on screen
- Indicator displayed for when a Mario coin has been picked up
- Hidden power up blocks are now partially visible
- Different end game text depending on how you play the game
- Bowser’s castle expanded with a second route
- World 6-5 expanded
- Bonus hidden level added
- “Speed runner mode” - Can you beat your personal record?
- Second Quest / “Hard Mode”
- Many more tweaks, bug fixes and edits!
A strategy guide with detailed information on all cheats and secrets, as well as cover art for use with NES Classic are also included in the archive.
Star Fox Exploration Showcase Update
20 November 2020 1:41PM EST - Update by kandowontu
Star Fox Exploration Showcase has had some updates recently, but none as big as this!
- Fixed 1-4 Meteor (Spider) Boss lockup
- Fixed ending sequence lockup
- Changed Shipnum counter to Shape name
- Readded Titania to the BOSS BGM test. Sorry Prof Hangar, you’re always having problems!
- Out of this Dimension planet icon is always on the screen (requested)
- Out of this Dimension now leads to black hole when complete, no more bad ending! (requested)
- Bombs in god mode can now be throw consecutively, and they each go off by themselves (requested)
- Added 14 new weapons including the God Gun #99 which oneshot kills everything and some objects as well.
- Added single and dual shots for the new weapons, toggle with (Hold R+Press SELECT)
- Added ship name to on-screen display
- Added key shortcut to turn off on-screen display (Hold B+Press X)
- Readded HUD elements
- Added “God Nukes” - only while in god mode, (Hold R+press A) use to kill everything on screen (requested)
- Added Quick Ending to levels, press start during fanfare to skip to the end of it. (requested)
If you haven’t tried this hack out yet, what are you waiting for?
Celebrate Super Mario World 30th anniversary with Super Luigi World!
20 November 2020 12:55PM EST - Update by Sephy
Celebrate Super Mario World 30th anniversary with Super Luigi World! Luigi steals the spotlight in this iconic platformer for the SNES. Play the original levels with the same classic gameplay, but this time you’re playing as Luigi!
- Luigi’s sprite from Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
- Luigi is now Player 1 and Mario is Player 2
- All text now refers to Luigi, including:
- A modified title screen logo
- Savefile names
- Message boxes
- Boss clear texts
- The ending text after beating the game
The inspiration for Super Luigi World came from playing the second half of Super Mario Galaxy in the 3D All-Stars Collection. This spawned the idea of creating a Luigi-version of Super Mario World dedicated to Luigi-fans!
It always felt off that the ending said “Mario’s adventure is over.” even if you beat the game as Luigi.
Super Luigi World restores the balance as you can now play as Luigi in a 1 Player Game or force your younger siblings to play as Luigi’s red brother in 2 Player Game mode!
What started as a seemingly easy beginner project quickly began to take more time than expected. It was a fun way to start getting into romhacking but most of all it granted a new appreciation for the effort this community puts into these projects!
Please enjoy, Super Luigi World!
Pokemon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged - Now released!
10 November 2020 11:07AM EST - Update by Camerupt
This romhack is a complete re-imagining of the 1997 demo of Pokemon Gold and Silver. Explore the Nihon region with an entirely new story and cast of beta Pokemon entirely done up in the style of Crystal’s GBC graphics. Based on lvl3’s original Gold 97 hack, the game has been entirely re-balanced and remastered as well! Go on a grand adventure catching Pokemon and taking down Team Rocket nationwide in this alternate sequel to the original Red and Blue!
Reforged comes in two versions, Gold and Silver, featuring differing sprites and encounter tables just like the real game. All Pokemon are still catchable in each version!
Check out the RELEVANT LINK below to see our two-game trailer alongside Pokemon Factory Adventure!
Heathcliff released for NES
10 November 2020 8:46AM EST - Update by pangenttech
Heathcliff, the world’s second-favorite orange comic strip cat, stars in this hack of Konami’s Tiny Toon Adventures for NES.
Join Heathcliff as he travels through six ham-filled worlds to save his cat girlfriend Sonja from the local bully and bulldog. He’ll be helped by Iggy Nutmeg, and hindered by his rivals Cleo and Riff Raff (of the Catillac Cats), as well as the Animal Control Man, and the mysterious Garbage Ape. He’ll find pirates, ghosts, robots, star warriors, wild animals and many strange creatures!
You should realize, he can win it with you!
Heathcliff is a comic strip created by George Gately in 1973, which is currently drawn by Gately’s nephew, Peter Gallagher. Heathcliff also starred in several animated series in the 1980s, and comic books from Marvel.
This hack is by Pangent Technologies, with assistance from Proveaux and Bogaabogaa.
Super Mario Kart - Epic Racers
07 November 2020 10:20AM EST - Update by Ok Impala!
Super Mario Kart - Epic Racers has come a long way. This ambitious project began all the way back in 2003. Starting as a direct follow-up to The Impala Battles, this mod was dubbed The Impala Courses. Later that changed to Epic Battle, and finally the name became Super Mario Kart - Epic Racers.
This mod was intended to be some sort of tribute to the Stifu Board forum. Therefore you’ll encounter members from back then. And no, Jesus himself wasn’t a member of our board, but he was a nice opposite to the dark Loki. ;-)
Work on Epic Racers started in a time when only small parts of the SMK ROM were documented. There were no other mods, and only one, very limited, editor. Step by step the complete ROM was documented. Using Lunar Compress, graphics could be extracted and changed.
Stifu started working on the graphics, while Ok Impala! painstakingly worked on changing the track designs. Initially it proved to be too complex to change the A.I., so tracks were created with the old A.I. The results were far from ideal. With the help of smkdan, Stifu started working on a new track designer to fix all the issues with track design once and for all. Epic Edit saw the light of day and was shared with the world. Meanwhile work on Epic Racers slowed down, due to life changes. In 2016 it seemed like the project was dead.
Fast forward to 2020. Ok Impala! decides to start from scratch on the track design, ditching all the ballast of the old track designs. Stifu got on board again to work on the last graphical changes. In several months, revamped tracks and graphics were created, while a lot of bugs and A.I. problems were ironed out.
So, there you have it. 17 years later, Epic Racers is finally, proudly, presented to the world. Hopefully you’ll enjoy all the work and love that went into this mod!
- 20 brand new race tracks, with unique gameplay elements!
- 4 brand new battle arena’s!
- 8 new drivers are ready to start their engines!
- New points system. Every position receives points!
- New items and probability sets!
- New course themes!
- New objects!
- New items!
- New title screen!
- New character selection screen!
- Always continue to the next race in GP mode, regardless of your position!
- Play the special cup in 50cc!
- And a whole lot more!
For more info, please read the Readme.