New Hacks Added to the Database
09 November 2022 1:54PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- DBZ BT3 DLC MOD Classic to GT (Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3)(PS2)
- MakenX Prototype - Debug Menu (Maken X - Feb 9 2000 Prototype)(DC)
- Power Stone 2 - Debug Menu (Power Stone 2)(ARC)
- Final Fantasy C2 Record Keeper Sprites Port (Final Fantasy IV)(SNES)
- SMB Two Players Hack - Shared Lives (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Restored Slot Graphics and SS Anne Theme (Pokémon: Blue Version)(GB)
- The Bob-omb Mafia Plus (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)(SNES)
- Vyland Emblem (Biraku Emblem): Full English Localization (Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo)(SNES)
- Funny Princess Sprite Fix (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Final Fantasy V: Ancient Cave English (Final Fantasy V)(SNES)
- Road Rash 3 Improvement SRAM (Road Rash 3)(GEN)
- Lufia II: Frue Trilogizer (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)(SNES)
- Road Rash 2 Improvement SRAM (Road Rash II)(GEN)
- Pokemon Crystal Graphics Fix for Goomba Color (Pokémon: Crystal Version)(GB)
- Red Zone md1-va0 fix (Red Zone)(GEN)
- Snoopy Magic Show - Protech Bug Eraser (Snoopy’s Magic Show)(GB)
- Breath Of Fire Warp Menu Fix (Breath of Fire)(SNES)
- Metal Slug - Super Devil Rank Fix (Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001)(SAT)
- Tunnel Rhino Behavior Fix (Mega Man X3)(SNES)
- Mole Mania - sgb2 music tempo fix (Mole Mania)(GB)
- Port Town Theme Bass Fix (F-Zero: GP Legend)(GBA)
- Space Invasion - hardware compatibility (Space Invasion)(GB)
- Boxxle II - Protech Bug Eraser (Boxxle II)(GB)
- Port Town Theme (Platinum Cup) Bass Fix (F-Zero - Climax)(GBA)
- Shui Guan Pipe - Protection Patch (Mr. Gimmick)(NES)
- Threetris (Tetris)(GB)
- Rockman 2 YJ 1.1 (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Leo Gaiden (Ninja Gaiden)(NES)
- Excalibur 2: Get Even with Dragon (Family Basic V3)(NES)
- Metroid: Scrolls 6 (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- Metroid: FreezeFlame (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- Shovel Knight in Dawn of Sorrow (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)
- Metroid: Subzero (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- So Little Bubble (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- Metroid FreezeFlame 2: Twisted Dimensions (Metroid: Zero Mission)(GBA)
- Bubble Bobble Extended (Bubble Bobble)(NES)
- ALL DAY NIPPON (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Time Pilot standalone (Ganbare Goemon 4 - Boku ga Dancer ni Natta Riyuu - Kirakira Douchuu)(SNES)
- Rockman 2 Philosophy of Firework Master (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Woodcutter Yosaku Family Basic Demo (Family Basic V3)(NES)
- Pokemon: Brown Version - Special Teddiursa Edition (Pokémon: Yellow Version - Special Pikachu Edition)(GB)
- Plague Knight in Dawn of Sorrow (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)
- F-RIS (Tetris) Family BASIC (Family Basic V3)(NES)
- Order of Ecclesia - Playable Dmitrii Blinov (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia)(NDS)
- Blessed Heart (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)(GBA)
- Pokémon Crystal Ultimate (Pokémon: Crystal Version)(GB)
- Contravania: Dawn of Sorrow (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)
- Super Tacos Bros. 3×15 (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Golden Axe 32X edition (Golden Axe)(GEN)
- Phantasy Star IV Rebalance (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium)(GEN)
- Koopa in a Hurry (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. Level Up! (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dune Razor Missions Remix (Dune: The Battle for Arrakis)(GEN)
- Rockman 2: StalkerMaestro vs The Rockmen (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Duncan’s Thin Ice (Thin Ice)(NES)
- Rockman 6 Harder version (Mega Man 6)(NES)
- Sturm Challenge for AW1 Anniversary 2022 (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)(GBA)
- ESPN College Football 2022 (Tecmo Super Bowl)(NES)
- Dawn of Sorrow - Playable Swordcraft Story characters (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)
- Rockman X3: Damage Boost (Mega Man X3)(SNES)
- Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels Graphics Hack - Cloud Version (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Balloon Mario (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Shades In Mario Land (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Rockman 2 Hardcore (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Koopa CD (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Castlevania Retold II (Castlevania)(NES)
- Starfox 30+60FPS Patches (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Rescue Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Cybie’s Basics in Torture and Gibbing (DOOM)(SNES)
- Penguin Bomber (2002 Bomberman)(NES)
- Warpin’ Time (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Starfox 2 60FPS builds (Star Fox 2)(SNES)
- Small ZAMN 3 (Zombies Ate My Neighbors)(SNES)
- Among Us - Sus of Sorrow (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)
- Lakitu’s Great Adventure 2 (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Dr. Luz/Dr. Amity (Dr. Mario)(NES)
- Somari 22: The Hacks Strike Back! (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Teenage Super Ninja Plumbers (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. The Lostest Levels (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- The Bugs Bunny Crazier Castle (The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle)(NES)
- Zombies Ate My Crazy Neighbors (Zombies Ate My Neighbors)(SNES)
- Donkey Kong: SUMMER (Donkey Kong (GB))(GB)
- Castlevania - The Last Tear (Castlevania)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. Halloween Hack(NES) (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Talui Adventure (Somari the Adventurer)(NES)
- Final Fantasy IV - The DSfication (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- do_not_play (Paper Mario)(N64)
- Murder Drones (Mega Man) (Mega Man)(NES)
- The Quest for the Candies (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- ALPHA SPHERE: Director’s Cut (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Luigi vs Wario (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- ALPHA SPHERE Zero: Rotten Brains (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Super Terrible Project (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Starlight Mario: Underworld (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario: The Daisyquest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Oracle of Seasons Extreme Edition (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons)(GB)
- Rockman 4 Harder version (Mega Man 4)(NES)
- Digimon World 2 Alternative (Digimon World 2)(PSX)
- Mario in Space (Galaga)(NES)
- Donkey Kong 4 (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Starfox: EX (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Gauntlet - Fixed Voice Samples (Gauntlet)(NES)
- Advance Wars 2 “Balance” (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)(GBA)
- CO Select Campaign (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)(GBA)
- Star Fox 2 NTSC to Starwing 2 PAL 21mhz SuperFX (Star Fox 2)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy V Advance: Ian’s Balance Hack (Final Fantasy V Advance)(GBA)
- Arc Hound (Contra Force)(NES)
- Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation: Control modification (Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation)(PSX)
- Speed optimization (Mega Man 5)(NES)
- One life challenge (Bionic Commando)(NES)
- TMNT3 Easy Options with Shredder & Splinter Color Changes (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project)(NES)
- Play as Galen Kor in Avengers in Galactic Storm (Versus Mode) (Avengers In Galactic Storm)(ARC)
- Super Princess Peach (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Kart - Music Restoration (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Kid Kleets Camera Fix (The Adventures of Kid Kleets)(SNES)
- Technical optimization (Mega Man 2)(NES)
- Tecmo Super Bowl 2022 - SBlueman Edition (Tecmo Super Bowl)(NES)
- Rampart (Jaleco) - Fixed Samples (Rampart (Jaleco))(NES)
- Final Fantasy VI Expanded (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Mega Woman (Mega Man)(NES)
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters Improvement Mod (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)(GEN)
- Sonic Genesis (Sonic the Hedgehog)(SMS)
- Hidden Vs mode (Super Punch-Out!!)(SNES)
- Shadow Dancer - 3 Hitpoint Patch (Shadow Dancer)(GEN)
- Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 Bemani Music Mod (Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2)(DC)
- Ballz - All Characters Selectable (Ballz)(SNES)
- Sonic Heroes Undub (Sonic Heroes)(GC)
- Pokemon Red Full Color Hack - German Version (Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- Proto Man 4 (Mega Man 4)(NES)
- DBZ Budokai Japanese OP (Dragon Ball Z: Budokai)(PS2)
- Road Rash 3 Improvement (Road Rash 3)(GEN)
- Legend of Zelda Swordless Quest (The Legend of Zelda)(NES)
- Shared Weapon Unlocks (Mega Man Xtreme 2)(GB)
- Castlevania: The Adventure (GB): Improved Controls (Castlevania: The Adventure)(GB)
- Elnard Item Names (The 7th Saga)(SNES)
- Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance - Recolor by JonataGuitar and sorrow (Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance)(GBA)
- Speedhack (Tetris)(NES)
- PAL Mode (Tetris)(NES)
- Non-forced Battles (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)(SNES)
- Contra 2p scroll fix (Contra)(NES)
- Select all characters in story mode (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition)(SNES)
- Consisten Elf Crystal Requirements (Mega Man Zero)(GBA)
- Enable All Episodes with Every Difficulty (DOOM)(SNES)
- Doom (SNES) - Super FX 1 Version (DOOM)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy Tactics - Nose Edition (Final Fantasy Tactics)(PSX)
- Ice Climber (VS) NES-hack (Ice Climber VS)(ARC)
- Doom (SNES) - Just a “Normal” Doom ROM… (DOOM)(SNES)
- Puyo Puyo 2 Color Modding (Puyo Puyo Tsuu)(GEN)
- MK64 - Hooting Time (Mario Kart 64)(N64)
- Galaga Title Screen (Galaga)(NES)
- Space Invaders Title Screen (Space Invaders)(NES)
- Galaxian Title Screen (Galaxian)(NES)
- Snoopy Magic Show - Protech Hacks Catalog (Snoopy’s Magic Show)(GB)
- Final Fantasy IV Advance Color Improvement and Restoration (Final Fantasy IV Advance)(GBA)
- Mega Man Zero 1 Revisited (Mega Man Zero)(GBA)
- Pokemon Ranger: Retain Loops (Pokemon Ranger)(NDS)
- Mega Man Zero 2 Revisited (Mega Man Zero 2)(GBA)
- Alphabetical Lore (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Fire Red: Essence (Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Stadium Fusion (Pokemon Stadium)(N64)
- Shared Health Points (Mega Man Xtreme 2)(GB)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Swim Fix (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)(NES)
- Pikachu Gardman (Gardman)(NES)
- Kick Master - Autoloot (Kick Master)(NES)
- Valkyrie’s Adventure SRAM + QOL (Valkyrie no Bouken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu)(NES)
- Pushy Penguin (Flappy)(NES)
- Super Weegee (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Pac-Land Personality fix (Pac-Land)(NES)
- Leviathan over Bismarck (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- SMB1 Gameboy Edition - The 37th Anniversary Special (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- G.O.D Easy Mode (G.O.D.: Mezameyo to Yobu Koe ga Kikoe)(SNES)
- unQue Dongwu Senlin (Doubutsu no Mori)(N64)
- Orderly Coliseum (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Chip’s Challenge: No level skipping (Chip’s Challenge)(LYNX)
- Penguin Hunter (Hunter On Ice)(NES)
- Final Fantasy IV - Unlimited arrows (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Road Rash 2 Improvement (Road Rash II)(GEN)
- FFT: Reimagined (Final Fantasy Tactics)(PSX)
- FFV Grand Bridge (Final Fantasy V)(SNES)
- Gimmick! Quality-of-Life Mod (Mr. Gimmick)(NES)
- Dragon Warrior - 10x Experience and 10x Gold (Dragon Warrior)(NES)
- Pokemon Tetris Legendaries (Pokémon Shock Tetris)(PMINI)
- Expanded Item Names (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Boxxle II - shuffle music track (Boxxle II)(GB)
- Rockman World 2 Music Improvement V2 (Mega Man II)(GB)
- Unused Move Restoration (Fossil Fighters)(NDS)
- Xbox controller colors for Soulcalibur 1 (Dreamcast) (SoulCalibur 1)(DC)
- Nite’s Bomberman Hack (Bomberman)(NES)
- The Addams Family - Afterlife MD (The Addams Family)(GEN)
- Ninja Ryukenden II - Original & Hard-Modes (Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos)(NES)
- Super Mario All-Stars - Button Color Hack (Super Mario All-Stars)(SNES)
- Ninja Gaiden - RIP enemies (Ninja Gaiden)(NES)
- Ninja Gaiden II - RIP enemies (Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos)(NES)
- Breath of Fire IV Uncensored (Breath of Fire IV)(PSX)
- Sensible FP Recharge (Fossil Fighters: Champions)(NDS)
- ULTIMATE smb2j (Super Mario Bros. 2)(FDS)
- Zanac AntiFlash (Zanac)(NES)
- Echo Night Beyond English Translation Fixes (Echo Night: Beyond)(PS2)
- Jazzy Narshe (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Hyrule Wars (Bokosuka Wars)(NES)
- Link’s Awakening DX “GBA Enhanced” (The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX)(GB)
- Enable secret chars (Clay Fighter 2: Judgment Clay)(SNES)
- Spiny Dodge Ball (Super Dodge Ball)(NES)
- FFV Advance GBA Difficulty (Final Fantasy V Advance)(GBA)
- Break Time - Fixed Voice Samples (Break Time: The National Pool Tour)(NES)
- Juancho (Toki)(NES)
- Earthworm Jim 3 (NES) Improvement (Earthworm Jim 3)(NES)
- Little League Baseball - DMC Buzz Fix (Little League Baseball: Championship Series)(NES)
- Donkey_Kong_Jr._Juancho_ (Donkey Kong Jr.)(NES)
- Mario Tennis - All Nintendo Characters Unlocked (Mario Tennis)(GB)
- Power of Sire Flash Removal (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)(PSX)
- The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time STAMINA BAR (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)(N64)
- Star Fox - Button Color Hack (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Use Any Assist With Any Character (Avengers In Galactic Storm)(ARC)
- Debug Menu Restoration (The Flintstones: King Rock Treasure Island)(GB)
- Subtitled Opening FMV (Breath of Fire IV)(PSX)
- ULTIMATE Super Mario World (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Sonic Advance 1: Tweaked (Sonic Advance)(GBA)
- Road Rash Improvement (Road Rash)(GEN)
- Portrait of Ruin: Refined Edition (Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin)(NDS)
- Hellfire MD2 Music Fix (Hellfire)(GEN)
- Ninja Spirit - Noise Fix (Ninja Spirit)(TG16)
- Tetris DX Adding a SGB 1 and 2 palette (Tetris DX)(GB)
- Yukinojou muyo! (Tenchi Muyo!: Game Hen)(SNES)
- Enable secret characters and easy moves (Natsuki Crisis Battle)(SNES)
- Bloody Wolf - Noise Fix (Bloody Wolf)(TG16)
- Chase HQ - Noise Fix (Chase H.Q.)(TG16)
- Road Rash (SegaCD) Improvement (Road Rash)(SegaCD)
- Reduced Flashing (Crystalis)(NES)
- 1943 UNROM to MMC3 Hack (1943: The Battle of Midway)(NES)
- Separated Player (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Emerald: Essence (Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- Boogerman Camera Fix (Boogerman - A Pick and Flick Adventure)(SNES)
- Rockman Mega World Fixer Upper (Mega Man: The Wily Wars)(GEN)
- Dragon Warrior - Updated Command Menu (Dragon Warrior)(NES)
- Lufia - Encounter Rate Fix (Lufia & the Fortress of Doom)(SNES)
- LoD Undub (The Legend of Dragoon)(PSX)
- KDC Free Vertical Aim (Kirby’s Dream Course)(SNES)
- Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 Undub (Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2)(GBA)
- RPG Tkool DQ (RPG Tsukuru GB)(GB)
- Pokémon Emerald Ambulation (Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- Pokémon Emerald Chaos Ambulation (Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- Skip Dialog (The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX)(GB)
- Multiple Special Vivosaurs (Fossil Fighters: Champions)(NDS)
- S.C.I. Noise Fix (S.C.I. - Special Criminal Investigation)(TG16)
- Shinobi Noise Fix (Shinobi)(TG16)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Choujin Sentai Jetman)(NES)
- Venom . Spider-Man - Separation Anxiety SRAM (Venom - Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety)(GEN)
- Mega Man 5 Charge bar (Mega Man 5)(NES)
- Zelda: Link’s Awakening Turbo-Français (The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX)(GB)
- Pokémon Ed. Roja/Azul Full Color - Spanish Version (Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- Golden Axe Warrior: No Grind (Golden Axe Warrior)(SMS)
- DBZ BT2 Japan BGM Extra (Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkachi 2)(PS2)
Reduce Random Encounters in Lufia & the Fortress of Doom!
04 November 2022 8:40AM EST - Update by Ok Impala!
Lufia fans rejoice, the grind ends here! Freshly released, Lufia - Encounter Rate Fix. The patches included will give you the choice to change the encounter rate to your liking for Lufia & the Fortress of Doom. So you can play the game without constant interruption by random battles.
Choose your preferred encounter rate:
- 01 Lufia (less encounters)(-50%)
- 02 Lufia (few encounters)(-80%)
- 03 Lufia (no encounters)(-100%)
- 04 Lufia (higher encounters)(+100%)
- AlwaysRetryMode. Turn on Retry Mode from the start. This way you will get 4x experience and gold. This might be useful when playing with a low encounter rate.
Please note that the Monster Ring and Clear Silk will still raise the encounter rate, so be aware when using these items.
Rockman Mega World Gets a Tune-Up
03 November 2022 9:52PM EST - Update by Josephine Lithius
Rockman Mega World (aka “Mega Man: The Wily Wars“) is a compilation of the first three games in the “Classic” series as well as a fourth, unlockable game: Wily Tower. Minakuchi Engineering – the same people responsible for the Game Boy Rockman World games and various other projects from the 90s – rewrote the games from the ground up, making sure to keep the engine as faithful to the source material as possible. For the most part, they did a magnificent job! There’s a little slowdown here… some unexpected enemy behavior there… There’s even some graphical inconsistency in places. But, for the most part, this complete rewrite of the games is great. There is, however, always room for improvement. At least, as far as one person is concerned.
There have been hacks to enable sliding in all three games, hacks to make the default weapon faster, hacks that allow save games to work, and hacks that let players jump right into Wily Tower. Yet, seemingly no one had done any research into two particular things that annoyed the author:
- Enemies have lingering invulnerability which causes shots to “miss”.
- Multi-projectile weapons have a noticeable delay before they can be fired again.
With a little nudge from a few interested parties, occasional ROM hacker “Josephine Lithius” took it upon themselves to look into the matter first-hand. And… this ROM hack are the results of that research!
“Rockman Mega World Fixer Upper” removes the I-Frames from minor enemies and mini-bosses and removes the forced delay between shots for a number of weapons. This small-but-significant change results in faster gameplay and a more fluid experience. It may not solve every problem the game has, but it’s definitely a step in the right direction – at least for people who love to button-mash!
Download now and enjoy a refreshed and more responsive Rockman Mega World, today!
Rot Your Brains with "ALPHA SPHERE Zero"!
31 October 2022 8:25AM EST - Update by Daizo Dee Von
The Super Mario World Horror ROM Hack, “ALPHA SPHERE Zero: Rotten Brains”, follows suit with the original! The 2bit styled terror that is this world continues with a brand new backstory, and with it…more secrets!
A relic fell from the sky, with the promise of granting the person the ability to revive those who they loved most. “Mal”, brother of “Norma” and best friend of “Doctor Andre”, explores the homeland on the surface in front of a tall cliff. There is a wide cast of characters to world-build off of. Mal’s girlfriend, “Ellie”, is curious about the relic and wants to test it. How far will Mal go?
Things to expect:
- An atmosphere identical to ALPHA SPHERE.
- Many NPCs to interact with.
- Another story that’s as intriguing as the last.
- Secrets that reveal more about the game’s world.
- A couple of original songs written by Daizo himself.
Warning: This hack contains HEAVY themes of suicide and addiction. The whole game is Red and Black, which may lead to eye sores if played for a long period of time. The hack can be very disturbing and even depressing at points.
If you have 30 minutes to spare, go ahead and give this ROM hack a go. This one is definitely more of a “walk and experience” hack than most, but you might still find this one interesting!
"ALPHA SPHERE" Comes to ROMhacking.net!
27 October 2022 7:31AM EST - Update by Daizo Dee Von
The Super Mario World Horror ROM Hack, “ALPHA SPHERE: Director’s Cut”, makes it’s way to ROMhacking.net! If you’re looking for a short horror game to sink your teeth into this holiday season, spend it in the 2bit styled terror that is this world!
You play as “Norma”, a suicidal girl looking to end her life to escape her lustful husband “Doctor Andre” when she uncovers an ancient relic called the “ALPHA SPHERE”. Not knowing what this device does, she searches for a place to leave it behind. Be warned! You DO NOT want to run out of time, or Norma’s worst fear may come to pass!
Things to expect:
- An atmosphere not like most.
- A set of block-based challenges to uncover.
- A story that will get you thinking.
- A jumpscare or two.
Warning: this ROM Hack deals with themes of suicide and fertility; as such it may not be suitable for younger audiences or those who are sensitive to the subject matter.
Can you find all 5 endings and uncover all the hidden content that is in store?
Aztechnology presents: Shadowrun 2058 v1.6
24 October 2022 6:45AM EST - Update by vikfield
Hoi, chummers! Shadowrun 2058 is now here. On this occasion, the comrade Vikfield has made a revision of the previous version 1.5 and has managed to improve some former features introduced in that version, thanks to the comments and suggestions of some users and companions of RomHacking net.
As the author of this hack has already said, its purpose is to get as close as possible to the universe of the first editions of Shadowrun (especially to the core rules of the 2nd edition); for that reason this hack could feel a bit “strict” sometimes. For example, the prices of the cyberdecks in the 2nd edition are quite expensive, and this is reflected in version 1.5. but now, in this new release, the prices of the cyberdecks have been taken according to the 1fs edition, which are considerably more accessible. Another interesting improvement is that the negotiation bonuses have been increased when determining the payment of the runs. Perhaps the only new improvement in this new version is that the identities of the gangs and their locations have been modified.
As always, many of the old improvements introduced in later versions remain in this new installment, as well as a general update to other ones.
Vikfield really wants to thank all the people who have shown their interest and have given their support for this project of 5 years already. There are still things to do and the support of all of you is always very valuable. Thank you very much for continuing to show interest in this hack.
Runners, stay in the shadows!
Final Fantasy IV - The DSfication released!
18 October 2022 9:05PM EST - Update by T92
This is basically a hack designed with the DS version as inspiration.
Summary of changes
- The delay of most commands have changed to resemble the DS version
- Character’s stats have changed to the DS stats as much as possible
- Dark’s effect has changed, it attacks one target at the cost of 1/8 of the user’s HP
- Jump’s airtime has been increased just like in DS version
- Recal’s spell list has changed
- Sing is a list of spells just like White/Black/Call, similar to the DS version, the command now works with any weapon as long as a weapon is equipped
- Pray’s effect heals ~20% HP and some MP, and the success chance has slightly improved
- Aim now works with any weapon as long as a weapon is equipped
- Salve’s effect heals for more HP
- Focus’ effect has changed, now it stores 1 charge and it can be released with either Fight or Kick, similar to the DS version
- Kick’s damage has increased, as stated above the damage can be increased even further if Yang has 1 charge of Focus
- Brace’s defense boost scales with a formula based on user’s level
- Bluff’s effect changed to increase Wisdom by 12 instead of the original 16 (sorry, it’s still good though)
- Cry’s effect improves the chance to deal critical hits, trying to resemble the damage bonus from the DS version of cry
- Twin’s delay has been increased, and the spell power of their spells as well, just like the DS version
- Cid’s Peep (and the Peep spell) works on bosses
- Cid’s new command “Imbue” which overwrites his weapon’s element to be ice, fire and lightning, which resembles the upgrade command from DS
- Fusoya’s Bless restores some MP to the party.
- Parry now increases the defense(x2) and the magic defense(+25) until next turn to resemble the DS version
- Some algorithms were changed (accuracy, attack multiplier, magic defense multiplier, magic evasion, spell power, poison damage and frequency, gradual petrification’s frequency, armor/protect’s defense bonus, shell’s magic defense bonus …)
- Equipment’s stats, bonuses, elements, properties, etc… Have changed to resemble the weapons from the DS version
- Initial spells and spells learned by level have changed to match the ones from the DS version
- Magic’s spell power, accuracy, delay, MP cost changed
- Some spells were added and/or reworked according to the DS version
- Enemy stats, AI, experience, gil, counters, etc… Have changed to resemble the enemies from the DS version
- Damage/Healing output variations has been changed from the default bonus (from 0% to 50%) to be from 0% to 25% for less punishing RNG, it also helps to make defense and magic defense feel more impactful
- Unlimited arrows like the DS version
- Relative agility formula has been changed, now anchor has a Relative agility of 6 instead of 5 (for the ones that know what this means)
- Small changes on maps
- Small changes on chest’s content
- Small changes on palettes
For bugs, feedback, comments, and suggestions feel free to post it in the forum or with the author.
Castlevania - The Last Tear
16 October 2022 8:28PM EST - Update by Sky77
A brand new Castlevania Hack, all to be discovered with new beautiful graphics, difficulty in the norm almost like the original without hitches and various annoyances … The music and the behavior of the enemies are like the original to regain the nostalgic passion! A well done project, very deep, very nice designer, especially with a lot of patience and effort, for this game !! To all Castlevania fans!!
Check out the TRAILER here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ7k4M1XVWA
Play it now: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7215/
Pokemon Patched Crystal - Version 3.4 released and more!
14 October 2022 9:09AM EST - Update by UberMedic7
This is in fact the very first “News” post of this project, untimely so but still very needed.
This is Pokémon Patched Crystal, a “vanilla+” romhack which takes the beloved game and improves on what it already provides rather than replacing features, content and the like.
- The entirety of bugs have been fixed
- All 251 Pokémon can be captured, no trading with friends required
- The time system has been adjusted so that there’s no short mornings or long nights
- Th Celebi event has been restored, no more gimmicky glitches to acquire this legendary Pokémon
- TMs are now infinite use like in later gens
- All Gym Leaders are available for a rematch
- Extra Trainer Card page for Kanto badges and all 16 badges are now in color!
- Game’s clock can now easily be reset by pressing DOWN + B on the main menu, no silly password input needed either!
…and more features which really take an already great game to greater heights for purists and newcommers alike.
Of course, all of this would not be possible in the slightest if it wasn’t for the huge help of the following people:
- The PRET team and its community which gave others the chance to dig deep into the code of Pokémon games to make these projects a reality and the insanely handy tutorials and documentation of which 90% of this project is based on
- Rangi, a very talented individual in the romhacking scene of which has given great advice initially and gave the push to start this project
- ChickasaurusGL, a veteran of looking into Pokémon games and how they work
- βinary, a “behind-the-scenes” playtester which greatly assisted in the early days of development and more recently on some decisions
…and finally, everyone who is taking an interest and hopefully enjoy this romhack!
A new Donkey Kong '94 GB Romhack is here!
11 October 2022 1:05PM EST - Update by CousinCatnip
Welcome to Donkey Kong: SUMMER
What to expect?
- Over 25 NEW Levels made by the community
- Infinite Lives so you can retry forever
- Trying to get 100% and dominate the High Score
The History of the project:
During the Summer, CousinCatnip holds a Donkey Kong themed marathon and wanted to involve the community in a fresh new project. Over the last few months, they worked hard and this is the result! The project aimed to be a fun experience that anyone familiar with the original can play.
Check out the TRAILER here: https://youtu.be/LTN0lUDEd6U
Play it now: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7213/