Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge released for NES
13 March 2022 12:24AM EST - Update by tygerbug
Welcome to Lee Carvallo’s Putting Challenge. Join golf legend Carvallo, and his rivals Gracie Driver, Big Raining and Miracle Monroe, for the ultimate golfing challenge on your Nintendo Entertainment System!
Lee Carvallo personally gives you advice on each course. Select your golf club, and guide your swing. Play for the title across thirty-six unique courses in the United States and Japan!
Fans of The Simpsons may remember the fully-voiced CD-ROM version released Christmas 1995, which Bart was disappointed to get instead of the violent fighting game Bonestorm.
This was a parody of “Lee Trevino’s Fighting Golf” by SNK, for NES, arcades, C64 and Tiger Handheld. This was a precursor to SNK’s popular Neo Turf Masters, and stars top golfer Lee Trevino as “Super Mex.” The 1988 NES game offers more complexity, challenge control than the original Golf on NES.
Hacking it into its Simpsons counterpart seemed obvious. That was also easier said than done, since the game’s graphics are coded strangely.
There’s a new title screen and font, and new names for the characters. Rani Baker (@destroyed4com4t) did the hacking while Garrett Gilchrist (@TygerbugGarrett) designed graphics and packaging art.
Would you like to play again?
Here is Robocop: Texas Edition, or in other words, the best Robocop videogame you can play on a NES
12 March 2022 11:07AM EST - Update by CryinOnion
3 months have passed since the release of this hack. And strangely enough, it has gone relatively unnoticed. And it is important to emphasize “strangely” because it is a masterpiece.
The concept is simple: Bring the experience of playing Robocop on Nintendo NES as close as possible to its Arcade counterpart. The result? A notable graphical improvement in sprites, backgrounds and everything related to the intro and cutscenes. Practically nothing is preserved from the original title, and that’s a good thing.
A notable improvement has also been made in the playable area by removing the battery bar (which decreases as time passes). This doesn’t really change the difficulty of the game, but it makes it less frustrating by not feeling the constant time pressure.
You can take a look at the associated link or simply download it and let SomeOldGuy’s work speak for itself.
Super Luigi RPG: Star Powered gets Powered Up with the new 2.5 update!!
06 March 2022 12:39AM EST - Update by Will331999
92+ Updates come to the SNES Super Mario RPG romhack, Super Luigi RPG!
Did you ever want SMRPG to have a postgame? Well now you can experience that!
Did you need Daisy? After all what’s Luigi without his #1 gal? Perhaps a few bug and graphical fixes? Well not all are fixed, but a lot were!
Did you want Land’s End and all associated areas to not look so ugly? Well that was (somehow) pulled off as well!
New Bosses and Enemies? We have those too!
You even no longer need to grind to level 30! You get level 30 from beating Factory Chief! (Disclaimer: Some grinding may still be required depending on player skill level)
New music made by CousinCatnip and DarkKefka!
New enemies from SMB2 courtesy of YakiBomb!
Enemy balancing has been fixed (Hopefully. Let the author of the hack know if you find anything out of the ordinary. Nothing should be one-shotting you unless it uses Hyperdrive and is a boss late-game.) It may be worth revisiting this hack if that factor gave you any trouble!
And many….many….many….MANY more!
What are you waiting for? Some sort of Surprise? Well it has those too!
Download Star Powered 2.5 here! https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6345/
Super Mario World: The Lost Adventure - Episode I REMASTERED Released!!
27 February 2022 12:54PM EST - Update by isaix
Almost 10 years after the original release, here is the remaster of Super Mario World The Lost Adventure Episode 1. This remaster aims to improve the quality of the hack and have it be more in line with the later episodes.
New levels were added for a grand total of 95 levels. Over a 100 music to enjoy, every level has different music. New enemies were added. New boss battles. The difficulty was rebalanced and the level design was adjusted to give a better experience to the player. Slowdowns were completely removed and there is much more to look forward to.
Plot synopsis: Mario embarks on a journey to rescue Princess Peach and 7 Yoshi eggs from Bowser, but the adventure turns out to be much bigger than expected.
Episode 2 and Episode 3 also have remasters on the way, so look forward to those as well.
ZAMN the Lost Levels Has Been Released!
23 February 2022 5:46PM EST - Update by Zombie101
After Many Months of Hard Work And Testing, Zombie101 has Released Zombies Ate My Neighbors The Lost Levels! The Hack Features New Gameplay Changes Never Before Seen And More! Such as The Following:
New Sprites, 57 New Levels, Edited Demos, Some New Palettes, Reverse Item Cycling And New Passwords!
If You Like a Challenge Then This Hack is For You. During This Hack You’ll Find That Many to All Levels Are Super Difficult And Made to Test Your Skills!
Hope You Enjoy. Zombie101.
Breath of Fire: War of the Goddess Released
19 February 2022 11:37AM EST - Update by vivify93
Breath of Fire–the neglected entry of the franchise. Later games see translations, hacks, documentation… Yet the first game is left alone in the dust; to its name, only outdated terms and terse, condensed dialogue.
Experience an expanded, rewritten script. Characters with presence that are present, grounded in a world fleshed out by supplementary materials. Rich, consistent writing, emphasis on subplots, attention to the minutest detail. Feel the fire breathed anew as you wage the War of the Goddess.
New Hacks Added to the Database
19 February 2022 10:57AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Spyro: Season of Ice DX (Spyro Advance)(GBA)
- Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition Enhanced (Mortal Kombat)(GEN)
- All bosses in the same battle (Paper Mario)(N64)
- Terranigma Blue: Ark’s Apology (Terranigma)(SNES)
- Lupin Sansei: Pandora no Isan (Everdive fix) (Lupin Sansei: Pandora no Isan)(NES)
- The Secret of Monkey Island CD VIDEO FIX (The Secret of Monkey Island)(SegaCD)
- Crystalis Audio Buzz Fix (Crystalis)(NES)
- BS-Zelda MottZilla Patch (BS Zelda no Densetsu: Map 2)(SNES)
- Ms. Pac-Man - Return Of The Strange (Ms. Pac-Man (Namco))(NES)
- Star Fox - Mouse Mode (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Rockman X3 - 2022 New Year’s Hack (Mega Man X3)(SNES)
- Jabem: Well Done (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Super Depressed Bro (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Bob-Omb Mario (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Mario Kart - Expert Quest (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Fire Emblem 8 The Fallen Princess (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)(GBA)
- Super Boss Collection (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- The Very Ultimate Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Zombies Ate My Neighbors)(SNES)
- Super Retro Kart (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors The Lost Levels (Zombies Ate My Neighbors)(SNES)
- Toad in SMB1 (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Castlevania IV SRAM (Super Castlevania IV)(SNES)
- Random Encounters Menu Option (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Pizza Pop! MMC3 (Pizza Pop!)(NES)
- Lucy in SMB1 (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Sonic in SMB1 (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Rolling Thunder Leila’s Revenge (Rolling Thunder)(NES)
- Faster Screen Scrolling (Mega Man 4)(NES)
- Galaga & Galaxian DX (Arcade Classic No. 3: Galaga / Galaxian)(GB)
- Super Mario Advance - Boss Intro Restoration (Super Mario Advance)(GBA)
- Super Mario Bros.: Enhanced Edition (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Pokémon Trading Card Game Rebalanced (Pokémon Trading Card Game)(GB)
- The Punisher - Final Payback (The Punisher)(NES)
- Reasonable encounter rate (Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled)(NDS)
- Legend of the Mana Sword (Final Fantasy Adventure)(GB)
- Thrasher’s Original Name Restored (Mighty Final Fight)(NES)
- Castlevania III - Sawako’s Curse (Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse)(NES)
- Twisted Tales of Spike McFang Double EXP (The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang)(SNES)
- Operation Wolf: Full Equip Marine (Operation Wolf)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 Fall Edition Revision (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- HP Gain On Each Step (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Devil World (highscore-savepatch) (Devil World)(NES)
- Streets of Rage 2 : Mega Man Wars (Streets of Rage 2)(GEN)
- Spike McFang Uniblonde Restoration (The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang)(SNES)
- Phantasy Star III Double Walk Speed (Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom)(GEN)
- DKC New Competition Cartridge (Donkey Kong Country)(SNES)
- DKC Competition Cartridge - Level 1 Racer (Donkey Kong Country)(SNES)
- Ms. Pac-Man: Title Graphics Turbo (Ms. Pac-Man (Namco))(NES)
- Nuts & Milk Level Editor Complete (Nuts & Milk)(NES)
- Lower SP Ring Requirement (Sonic Advance 2)(GBA)
- SRW-A Easier (Super Robot Taisen A)(GBA)
- PAC-MAN for SNES (Pac-Man 2 - The New Adventures)(SNES)
- FF II (over heal fix) (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Dragon Ball Z - Buyuu Retsuden Android 18 Improved Sprite (Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden)(GEN)
- Dragon Ball Z - Buyuu Retsuden Shadow transparency hack (Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden)(GEN)
- Exclamation Mark (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Goof Troop SRAM (Disney’s Goof Troop)(SNES)
- Castlevania - Dracula X SRAM (Castlevania: Dracula X)(SNES)
- Rusty butt fix (Rusty)(PC98)
- Palette inconsistencies fix (Solstice: The Quest for the Staff of Demnos)(NES)
- Judge Dredd Redux (Judge Dredd)(GEN)
- Silent Skidding (Super Mario Bros. 2)(FDS)
- Ms. Pac-Man (Namco) for SNES (Pac-Man 2 - The New Adventures)(SNES)
- Economical Super Robot Taisen 64 (Super Robot Wars 64)(N64)
- Dennis The Menace Redux (Dennis The Menace)(SNES)
- Elnard Item Stats (The 7th Saga)(SNES)
- Character Selection In Adventure Mode (DK: King Of Swing)(GBA)
- Persona Encounter Mod (Persona)(PSP)
- SSX Tricky 4-button Grabs for GameCube (SSX Tricky)(GC)
- Delthea’s Bizarre Dream Adventures (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)(GBA)
- Kid Kool JP Sprites (Kid Kool and the Quest for the 7 Wonder Herbs)(NES)
- Status Timers Hack (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Dragon Warrior III: Fortune Scene Fix (Dragon Warrior III)(NES)
- SBlueman’s Tecmo Super Bowl 2021 - Final Edition (Tecmo Super Bowl)(NES)
- Metal Force Mapper Hacks (Metal Force)(NES)
- Jurassic Park Save Feature Patch (Jurassic Park)(SNES)
- Toy Story SRAM (Toy Story)(GEN)
- Super Back to the Future Part II FastROM (Super Back to the Future Part II)(SNES)
- Touhou Emblem 8: The Sacred Shrines (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)(GBA)
- Breath of Fire: War of the Goddess (Breath of Fire)(SNES)
Dragon Warrior III: Fortune Scene Fix
16 February 2022 8:01PM EST - Update by Hamikon
In Dragon Quest III, there’s a scene in the town of Assaram where a woman will give you a “Puff Puff” massage.
This was censored in the international release, Dragon Warrior III. Instead of giving the player a “Puff Puff”, the woman will tell the player’s fortune.
But it seems the localization team forgot to remove one of her dialogue: “How does your shoulders feel? Is the stiffness gone? Come again.”
So… Yeah… This patch will change that dialogue into: (See the picture below)
Why would she say that? Don’t want to ruin the joke, find it out by yourself! The censored scene is quite funny (^_^)
Manall's FF1 v2.04 Update
14 February 2022 9:42PM EST - Update by Manall
It’s time for the first update in over a year! The changes have been culminating over a while, and after a bug was discovered by a fellow player there was no reason not to finish this patch. Additionally, there are a few weapon tweaks included, and the guide/maps are more condensed and accessible.
- A bug with the Onrac weapon shop was reported by a user, and this version fixes that.
- Documentation is now more easily accessible (and animated!)
- The maps that come with the mod now also show monster rosters & treasure information. This is how it was always intended to be, and it has finally been achieved. ♥
- The password to the mystery box has been made more intuitive and context-sensitive.
- Wooden Arrow critical rate raised from 16% to 20% to polish Archer’s early game
- Edited whip visuals
- Thorn Whip replaces Drake Whip - poisons targets instead of a bonus vs. fire/lizards
- Storm Whip is now fire-elemental in addition to lightning and ice
Super Robot Taisen 64 Economical Hack
12 February 2022 10:07AM EST - Update by kikeroga
Super Robot Wars 64 was released for the Nintendo 64 on October 29, 1999. It was a very attractive game with a hard-hitting story reflecting the world at that time (the end of the century) and unique designs. I think it’s a shame that this work is not as well known as other Super Robot series. This hack is a simple one that reduces the SP consumption of the characters’ mental commands and lowers the cost of modifying the robots, but it will make it easier to advance the story. Please take this opportunity to play with it.