Dragon Warrior III: Fortune Scene Fix
16 February 2022 8:01PM EST - Update by Hamikon
In Dragon Quest III, there’s a scene in the town of Assaram where a woman will give you a “Puff Puff” massage.
This was censored in the international release, Dragon Warrior III. Instead of giving the player a “Puff Puff”, the woman will tell the player’s fortune.
But it seems the localization team forgot to remove one of her dialogue: “How does your shoulders feel? Is the stiffness gone? Come again.”
So… Yeah… This patch will change that dialogue into: (See the picture below)
Why would she say that? Don’t want to ruin the joke, find it out by yourself! The censored scene is quite funny (^_^)
Manall's FF1 v2.04 Update
14 February 2022 9:42PM EST - Update by Manall
It’s time for the first update in over a year! The changes have been culminating over a while, and after a bug was discovered by a fellow player there was no reason not to finish this patch. Additionally, there are a few weapon tweaks included, and the guide/maps are more condensed and accessible.
- A bug with the Onrac weapon shop was reported by a user, and this version fixes that.
- Documentation is now more easily accessible (and animated!)
- The maps that come with the mod now also show monster rosters & treasure information. This is how it was always intended to be, and it has finally been achieved. ♥
- The password to the mystery box has been made more intuitive and context-sensitive.
- Wooden Arrow critical rate raised from 16% to 20% to polish Archer’s early game
- Edited whip visuals
- Thorn Whip replaces Drake Whip - poisons targets instead of a bonus vs. fire/lizards
- Storm Whip is now fire-elemental in addition to lightning and ice
Super Robot Taisen 64 Economical Hack
12 February 2022 10:07AM EST - Update by kikeroga
Super Robot Wars 64 was released for the Nintendo 64 on October 29, 1999. It was a very attractive game with a hard-hitting story reflecting the world at that time (the end of the century) and unique designs. I think it’s a shame that this work is not as well known as other Super Robot series. This hack is a simple one that reduces the SP consumption of the characters’ mental commands and lowers the cost of modifying the robots, but it will make it easier to advance the story. Please take this opportunity to play with it.
Dragon Ball Z - Buyuu Retsuden gets an Android 18 Improved Sprite
07 February 2022 6:45AM EST - Update by Kanon
Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden is getting an art update for the first time since… ever!
While most of the characters are carefully designed and look more than good enough, Android 18 art in the 16 bit era (not just Mega Drive) is somehow dull. While Dragon Ball games in later generation consoles present a more stylized look, closer to the source material, the 16 bit era had to settle with barely recognizable art.
This new hack for Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden by KanonZombie replaces every animation frame with their counterparts from Extreme Butoden for the Nintendo 3DS.
Additional changes include adapting hitbox data, projectile positions and more to match the new art, requiring a deeper understanding of the game program that paves the way for bigger changes in the future.
A demo video of the changes can be seen here (WIP at the time, some frames were replaced)
Download the patch HERE
Pac-Man for SNES
05 February 2022 7:22AM EST - Update by Nokia3310
Pac-Man was never released as a Super Nintendo game or on any classic arcade compilations in the 16-bit days. This patch now fills that hole in the SNES library.
An official port of Pac-Man for SNES only appeared as an unlockable game in Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. This patch turns that 16-bit version of Pac-Man into a standalone game for Super Nintendo. No arcades to find in Pac-Man 2 or password to enter. No menus. It works on real hardware or an emulator.
This is now the best way of playing Namco’s Pac-Man on Super Nintendo.
Pac-Man 2 also includes a version of Namco’s Ms. Pac Man and is a different version to the vertical scrolling version released by Williams for SNES. Watch this space…
NEWS UPDATE The patch for Namco’s Ms. Pac-Man is now complete and available to download here
A BUNCH of Updates come to AV!
05 February 2022 7:21AM EST - Update by CousinCatnip
Over 17+ Updates come to the NES Mega Man V romhack: AV!
Did you want to use the Mega Buster? Where you looking for less spikes? Maybe a few bug and softlock fixes?
Well, AV 1.1 HAS IT ALL!
Now with 6 modes to choose from, you can customize the experience to make it as easy or as hard as you desire.
There are also a few graphical surprises and some fancier refights!
Finally, the infamous Wily 1 stage has been adjusted to be less punishing. It might be worth revisiting if that gave you trouble!
What are you waiting for?
Watch the NEW trailer here: https://youtu.be/6c2t5D1F3OY
Download AV 1.1 here: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6346/
Castlevania AoS (USA) - Symphony of the Colors UPDATE by JonataGuitar
03 February 2022 10:07AM EST - Update by sorrow
Behold, EVEN MORE Brand New colors for Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.
Play through the vanilla Aria of Sorrow experience, but with a new visual style inspired by Castlevania Symphony of the Night!
JonataGuitar recolored the following categories:
- Player Characters and NCPs
As this patch only aims to change palettes, they may or may not work with other AoS patches. Test on your own and find out!
Use of the two patches were tested (very briefly) with the ALTER patch for AoS.
Initial testing seemed to have BOTH of the patches work fine, with no crashing/resets due to the cheat protection of the ALTER patch, leading one to believe they should be fine for a full playthrough, though YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.
To use with ALTER, your AoS rom must be patched with ALTER FIRST, and THEN apply one of the Recolor Patches.
Star Fox - Mouse Mode - Play Star Fox with SNES mouse!
01 February 2022 11:16AM EST - Update by kandowontu
Imagine - the year is 1993. The SNES comes out with Star Fox - and it supports the SNES mouse!
That is the idea of this project - enjoy a whole new experience playing Star Fox in the style of Descent or an FPS!
By putting a mouse onto port 2, you can now control the ship!
Left mouse button - Fire
Right mouse button - Bomb
Both buttons at the same time - BOOST or BRAKE Double clicking both buttons within 9 frames will swap the mode from Boost-Brake.
You can move by aiming, as well as move by using the D-pad.
Enjoy! This rom comes packed with Crosshair always on, 21mhz SuperFX, and FASTROM enabled.
This is another project brought to you by kandowontu and the Star Fox Exploration Discord Server.
Starfox Exploration Discord: https://discord.gg/TYuD3TkEhB
Special thanks to Catador and Phonymike
Few Graphical Tweaks to Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition
26 January 2022 9:07PM EST - Update by Rael G.C.
Some improvements to the Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition hack (all sent to Linkuei, the author of the hack).
In attached images, there are 3 columns: the hack, the improvements in progress and the arcade version (resized).
So, a short description of the improvements:
- Sub-Zero: reworked background, new blue in palette colors, hand colors improvement, some touches on his forehead.
- Liu Kang: some smoothness to his face shadows, reworked left ear, reworked left fire in the background.
- Scorpion: resized of the yellow cover mask, some border smoothing, reworked the colors on his forehead (the arcade is using gray shadows, but the ROM has only 1 gray… so at least now it appears a bit more natural gradient).
- Kano: both ears are improved (mostly the right one), both eyes were reworked (to match the arcade a bit closer), the right side of this neck was reworked too, and some recoloring of the leather bags on his shoulder.
- Rayden: some smoothness on the shadows on his face (to appear not “hand drawn” and bit more “real” like the arcade), some smooth and repositioning in some lightning, improved the inner shadow on his “hat”, redrawn of the hand… and the most difficulty one: re-create the dark gray shadows on his kimono. But the arcade is using more than 6 shades of gray, while this screen have only one. For now, it’s just trying to simulate a simple shadow.
New Hacks Added to the Database
21 January 2022 2:16PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- SM64 Lug’s Delightful Dioramas on Console (Super Mario 64)(N64)
- Dragon Warrior I & II - Modern Spell Names (Dragon Warrior I & II)(GB)
- Kirby ‘n’ (Kirby - Tilt ‘n’ Tumble)(GB)
- Castlevania Red Stained (Castlevania)(NES)
- Civilization UI & Text Tweaks (Sid Meier’s Civilization)(SNES)
- Pokémon Emerald Bugfixes (Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- Starfox 2 - Wireframe Mode (Star Fox 2)(SNES)
- Super Duper Metroid (Super Metroid)(SNES)
- Super Mario Kart Featuring Retro HD & Friends (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Starfox (Japan Rev 1) 21mhz SuperFX (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Starwing (Euro Rev 1) 21mhz SuperFX Speed (Star Fox)(SNES)
- SM64 Lug’s Delightful Dioramas (Super Mario 64)(N64)
- Super Mario 64 Land (Super Mario 64)(N64)
- Starwing (Germany) 21mhz SuperFX (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Git up, Git Out, Git Gud (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros : Fourth Quest (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Chozo Bros 3+4 (Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Donkey Kong Racing (Donkey Kong 64)(N64)
- Kid Icarus Randomizer (Kid Icarus)(NES)
- Day In The Life (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Pokemon Boost Black 2 (Pokémon: Black Version 2)(NDS)
- Takahashi Master’s Adventure Island III (Adventure Island III)(NES)
- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Playable Old Axe Armor Hack (Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)
- RoboCop - Texas Edition (RoboCop)(NES)
- Mega Kart Retro (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Starfox - Wireframe Mode (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Metroid Confrontation_NES (Metroid)(NES)
- Dai-4-ji Super Robot Taisen - Touhou Atrangers (Dai-4-Ji Super Robot Taisen)(SNES)
- Super Mario Kart Featuring Retro HD & CDX (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Castlevania Alternative Version (Castlevania)(NES)
- The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle Two: The Third One (The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle II)(GB)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - Ridley X Hack 7 (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Pokémon Frontier Adventures (Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- Super Mario Bros. Cruise (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Alleyway DX (Alleyway)(GB)
- The Arobam Adventures (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 - Ridley X Hack Special (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Super HitCombo Kart- Snowland Version 2.0 (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- SMW Quest For Gaming (Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Whitesmoke’s Training Wheels (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Gadien’s Spring Cleaning (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Hack SMB3 (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Plantations No More (LEGO Battles)(NDS)
- More Fair Outdoor Sections (Metal Gear)(NES)
- Mario kart 64 Randomized (Mario Kart 64)(N64)
- Super Mario Kart - Improved Sound Samples (Super Mario Kart)(SNES)
- Breath of Fire IV: Working Identify Ability Hack (Breath of Fire IV)(PSX)
- Kirby’s Avalanche - Rewritten (Kirby’s Avalanche)(SNES)
- EarthBouns 2 (Mother 3)(GBA)
- Golden Axe III Redux (Golden Axe III)(GEN)
- Final Fantasy IV: Daughter of Darkness and Light (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Pac-Man Arcade (Pac-Man)(NES)
- Bloody Roar II (USA) - (Half) Undub Patch (Bloody Roar 2: Bringer of the New Age)(PSX)
- Mini Hams no Pipeline Daisakusen (Gorby no Pipeline Daisakusen)(NES)
- Freeing Marty the Thwomp in Mario Kart 64 (Mario Kart 64)(N64)
- The Ooze Redux (The Ooze)(GEN)
- Parodius Da! (Japan) FastROM (Parodius Da! - Shinwa kara Owarai e (SNES))(SNES)
- SMB3 Ridley X Hack XMAS (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- VRC7-Man (Bomberman)(NES)
- Tetris - Beginner (Tetris)(NES)
- Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 (Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4)(GC)
- Zelda ALttP - Kakariko Shortcut (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)(SNES)
- Force Pazuzu Floor Six (Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest)(SNES)
- Enhansa Edition (Chrono Trigger)(SNES)
- Super Mario Advance - SNES Color Restoration (Super Mario Advance)(GBA)
- Starfox FASTROM 21mhz SuperFX (Star Fox)(SNES)
- Golden Axe Hard Edition (Golden Axe)(GEN)
- Mortal Kombat Arcade Edition (Mortal Kombat)(GEN)
- Super Game Boy 2: Vaporwave Edition (Super Game Boy 2)(SNES)
- Crystalis QOL & ungrind (Crystalis)(NES)
- Rhyme Rider Kerorican - The Digimon Rhythm Collection Part 1 (Rhyme Rider Kerorican)(WS)
- Bloody Roar 3 (USA) - Undub Patch (Bloody Roar 3)(PS2)
- Ms. Pac-Man to Pac-Man (Ms. Pac-Man (Namco))(NES)
- Bloody Roar 2 (PAL) - Undub Patch (Bloody Roar 2: Bringer of the New Age)(PSX)
- Spider-Man VS Kingpin DX (Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin)(GEN)
- Breath of Fire II - Nina’s Sensible Spells (Breath of Fire II)(SNES)
- SRW2 - 30th Anniversary Patch (Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen)(NES)
- Bloody Roar 3 (PAL) - Undub Patch (Bloody Roar 3)(PS2)
- Luigi’s Mansion: First-Person Optimized (Luigi’s Mansion)(GC)
- ATP Tour Championship Tennis 2022 (ATP Tour Championship Tennis)(GEN)
- Fixed Beezo and Hoopster Colors (Super Mario Advance)(GBA)
- Knightcrawler’s Zelda II Sprite Pack Vol 1 (Zelda II: The Adventure of Link)(NES)
- Super Mario Advance - Music Pitch Correction (Super Mario Advance)(GBA)
- Castlevania Shattered Memories (Castlevania)(NES)
- Extended Easy Mode (Ninja Cop)(GBA)
- Atari Pitfall for SNES (Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (SNES))(SNES)
- MK 2 Dark Edition MD/GEN - Color Hack (Mortal Kombat 2)(GEN)
- James Pond 3 Password SRAM (James Pond 3: Operation Starfish)(GEN)
- Accelerometer removal patch (Kirby - Tilt ‘n’ Tumble)(GB)
- Simultaneous movement removal patch (Vandal Hearts II)(PSX)
- Pinocchio 32X Special Edition (Disney’s Pinocchio)(32X)
- Gemma on the Title Screen (LEGO Battles)(NDS)
- Mega Man Star Force 2 Not Quite DX (Mega Man Star Force 2)(NDS)
- Zelda ALttP - Title Skip and Full Hearts (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)(SNES)
- Mega Man - No Score (Mega Man)(NES)
- Fire Emblem - Binding Blade Plus (Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade)(GBA)
- Terminator 2 - Arcade Remix (T2 - The Arcade Game)(SNES)
- trancingdeeper’s FZEdit Track Compilation (F-Zero)(SNES)
- Fire Emblem - Blazing Blade Plus (Fire Emblem)(GBA)
- Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones Plus (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)(GBA)
- ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron Password SRAM (ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron)(GEN)
- JobexiMod - SMB (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Super Koopa Bros (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Dragon Warrior 1 & 2 Rebaked (Dragon Warrior I & II)(GB)
- Mega Man Xtreme 2 - Force GBA Enhanced Mode (Mega Man Xtreme 2)(GB)
- Macross Scrambled Valkyrie Plus SRAM (Choujikuu Yousai Macross - Scrambled Valkyrie)(SNES)
- Breath of Fire II - Double Exp. & Zenny (Breath of Fire II)(SNES)
- Advance Wars Story (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)(GBA)
- X-Men Mutant Apocalypse SRAM (X-Men Mutant Apocalypse)(SNES)
- FF4- Chocobo OST (Final Fantasy II)(SNES)
- Right Click Patch (Mario Paint)(SNES)
- Centipede (USA) Highscore Save Patch (Centipede (USA))(GB)
- Random Battle Songs (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Haxor’s Grocery Run (Super Mario Bros. 3)(NES)
- Debilitator Reset (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Super Luigi Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Adventures of Batman & Robin (FastROM) (The Adventures of Batman & Robin)(SNES)
- Antifreeze Hack (Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Demolition Man SRAM (Demolition Man)(GEN)
- Minor Color Fixes For SFPW2 (Super Fire Pro Wrestling 2)(SNES)
- Minor Color Fixes For SFPW3 (Super Fire Pro Wrestling III - Easy Type)(SNES)
- Pokémon Emerald Plus & Double Plus (Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon Red Defined (Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- DEcap Attack SRAM (Decap Attack)(GEN)
- SoulSilver Rebalanced (Pokémon SoulSilver)(NDS)